ADVERTISEMENT

Trump getting the news that Flynn is making a deal....

Better than a giant tax bill disguised as a way to make healthcare "affordable."

I am sure this makes you proud.... Wonder whose handwriting that is?

I am sure this makes you proud.... Wonder whose handwriting that is?
I get that Democrats hate tax cuts. They absolutely hate them. They had their shot, blew their wad on the steaming pile of shit ACA when they should have gone single payer, did absolutely nothing for anyone not special interest, and lost their control because voters decided to say FU. That happens.

If this tax cut (did I mention it puts more money in my pocket?) turns out to be a turd, the people will speak with their vote. If it turns out to be something awesome, the people will speak with their vote. I suspect the rhetoric coming from team Den directly reflects their concerns about the latter though.

After the bullshit imposed on me to pay for a giant Medicaid expansion, I'm all in for money back in my pocket.

Now Democrats are concerned about deficit spending? LOL. Puppies are adorable.
Dimentia, attempt at humor, or just plain dishonest? Where have I ever said I wasn't concerned about deficit spending? Try as you might, I am not going to fit into your box...

Reactions: my_2cents
Dimentia, attempt at humor, or just plain dishonest? Where have I ever said I wasn't concerned about deficit spending? Try as you might, I am not going to fit into your box...
It's "dementia."

But you expect me to fit into your box. You led the volley with I celebrate handing more debt to other people's children. I responded in kind. Don't whine now.

I don't believe the dire rhetoric from camp Dem because outside of using words like "cruel," they've offered zero evidence that the tax bill is going to be a monumental failure.

It's "dementia."

But you expect me to fit into your box. You led the volley with I celebrate handing more debt to other people's children. I responded in kind. Don't whine now.

I don't believe the dire rhetoric from camp Dem because outside of using words like "cruel," they've offered zero evidence that the tax bill is going to be a monumental failure.
Celebrating your personal benefit without any acknowledgement that it comes at the expense of the future - that's on you dude.

37 out of 38 economists agree that this tax bill does nothing substantial to spur additional (as in the already being experienced) economic recovery. 38 out of 38 of those same economists agree that it increases the debt despite promises from the administration that it was debt neutral.

Celebrate your steaming pile of accomplishment if you want. You aren't fooling me.

The leaks coming out of the Mueller camp are under investigation. Do you have faith in an investigation that breaks laws?
You seem awfully confident that this was leaked by Mueller - not sure what that is based on other than wishful thinking.

Not sure why anyone believes that Trump, and the corrupt members of Congress, care about anything other than lining their own pockets. What evidence do we have that this is not their #1 priority?

IMO, the new tax plan is about that, and that only. They don't care about the US deficit or the citizens who make less than 300K per year (maybe that should be 1 million/year).

Therefore, I am more inclined anyone who tells me that any relief that the common man sees will be transient.

A leopard can't change his spots, and Trump only cares about himself. Senators and members of the House only care about what keeps them in office and increases their family wealth.

Is this steaming pile really something to be proud of?

We will see. Just don’t think the Flynn thing seems especially damaging after a year of build up. And the tax legislation - whatever you may think of it - will be the first thing that can be called a fulfilled campaign promise or signature piece of legislation.

Don’t mistake what I’m saying for an endorsement of or pride in anything so much as I am - as always - happy to see the political establishment and the leftists eat shit.

Celebrating your personal benefit without any acknowledgement that it comes at the expense of the future - that's on you dude.

37 out of 38 economists agree that this tax bill does nothing substantial to spur additional (as in the already being experienced) economic recovery. 38 out of 38 of those same economists agree that it increases the debt despite promises from the administration that it was debt neutral.

Celebrate your steaming pile of accomplishment if you want. You aren't fooling me.
Uh huh. 37 out of 38 economists. And surprise! The 38th didn't read the question right. How convenient. Sounds just like the team Dem rhetoric. And I wonder why. You must assume that everyone is blind to who did the survey you quoted.

According to economist Justin Wolfers, the IGM Panel is geographically and ideologically diverse and are "a good sample of the leading economists in the nation"

And who is Justin Wolfers? Why he's with the Brookings Institute. And who is the Brookings Institute? Well, this doesn't paint the most credible picture. And why do they get so much money from Qatar? Hmm.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adaman...-progressive-jukebox-funded-by-u-s-taxpayers/

A very simple search of the results of IGM surveys shows their obvious leftist bias. So, no, not going to feel bad over some leftist group think in the form of a survey of leftist economists. Nice try though.

Have a great weekend davidallen. If you need help deciding where to spend your tax cut money (probably don't), I can help by suggesting a great charity. And despite the banter we always have, that's a serious offer.

Last edited:
Now Democrats are concerned about deficit spending? LOL. Puppies are adorable.

And I'm glad you'll save 4X that. If it makes you feel guilty, give it to charity.

Now Trump and Republicans don’t give a crap about deficit spending.

You’re right, puppies are adorable.

Uh huh. 37 out of 38 economists. And surprise! The 38th didn't read the question right. How convenient. Sounds just like the team Dem rhetoric. And I wonder why. You must assume that everyone is blind to who did the survey you quoted.

According to economist Justin Wolfers, the IGM Panel is geographically and ideologically diverse and are "a good sample of the leading economists in the nation"

And who is Justin Wolfers? Why he's with the Brookings Institute. And who is the Brookings Institute? Well, this doesn't paint the most credible picture. And why do they get so much money from Qatar? Hmm.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adaman...-progressive-jukebox-funded-by-u-s-taxpayers/

A very simple search of the results of IGM surveys shows their obvious leftist bias. So, no, not going to feel bad over some leftist group think in the form of a survey of leftist economists. Nice try though.

Have a great weekend davidallen. If you need help deciding where to spend your tax cut money (probably don't), I can help by suggesting a great charity. And despite the banter we always have, that's a serious offer.
Your right, your analysis >>>> than a Harvard trained Fulbright winner. How did I miss that????

Also, unlike the wall, healthcare and immigration, it’s not going to be easy getting the base riled up over paying lower taxes.
We shall see... seems to be an open question if "the man on the street" can be convinced that preserving carried interest is actually good for them.

Oh yeah, looking forward to the promised analysis showing how this proposal "pays for itself" - that Manmuchkin must be some kind of math wizard...

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ed-showing-tax-cuts-pay-for-themselves-doesnt

What a doofus...

We shall see... seems to be an open question if "the man on the street" can be convinced that preserving carried interest is actually good for them.

The average man on the street cares more about his credit card debt than the national deficit. Not saying it’s not a worthwhile conversation. Just saying more money in the wallet is hard to argue against. Good luck on that.

Reactions: Bitter Creek
Your right, your analysis >>>> than a Harvard trained Fulbright winner. How did I miss that????
Sorry I don't give much weight to your Harvard guy. I know another Harvard guy that was dumb as hell. Kinda soured me on Harvard guys. Maybe the Harvard guys should buy some common sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT