ADVERTISEMENT

Trump effect on economy

Dow past 10 years....
big.chart

Call me when Trump has more than a bump on a gnats ass progress to share...

Dow != economy for either of these.

Let's see Obama's miserable 2% growth after the worst recession in 80 years compared to what Trump does.

Obama's Fed juiced the stock market so those of us with stocks did well but blue collar workers got nothing.

Man, I really hope President Trump can get our economy to outdo that of Obama's. Lots of staggering positive numbers to outperform.

Amazingly, it corresponds directly to the Feds increases.

Take a look at the last ten years.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2015/fed-funds-rate-historical-chart

That doesn't show a corresponding anything.

Trying to blame interest rates when we still have really low interest rates is a non starter.

OP, get a load of this. Dude is saying those great numbers were just the fed. Of course, he waited until the DOW went down to drop that little nugget, but... I'm surprised to hear this now. Don't let this guy paint Biff's yuge success as just a result of low interest rates.

Trump’s effect on the economy has been average for the last ten presidents. Not great, not awful. Average.

https://www.aier.org/article/sound-money-project/trumps-economy

You notice 3 of the top 4? And notice who he trails? He's about on par with Nixon.

Trying to blame interest rates when we still have really low interest rates is a non starter.

OP, get a load of this. Dude is saying those great numbers were just the fed. Of course, he waited until the DOW went down to drop that little nugget, but... I'm surprised to hear this now. Don't let this guy paint Biff's yuge success as just a result of low interest rates.

You notice 3 of the top 4? And notice who he trails? He's about on par with Nixon.

If you track the announcements and the corresponding reactions it absolutely does.

At this point, I think basic math eludes you.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBradSmith

Yes, as stated he’s about average from an economic standpoint. But don’t ignore the main thrust of the article, which is there are many factors that are involved in an economy, the Presidential influence is only one of them, and he’s down on the list as an important factor. Nothing supersedes the importance of ownership of private property, and government interference in that factor will spell doom for a society.

It's 2019.

You're always gonna be a shill aren't you.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Dow != economy for either of these.

Let's see Obama's miserable 2% growth after the worst recession in 80 years compared to what Trump does.

Obama's Fed juiced the stock market so those of us with stocks did well but blue collar workers got nothing.

This times 100. The same lefties who complain about the 1%ers making all the money and the widening of the wealth gap are the same ones pointing to the stock market gains under Obama as defense of his policies.

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
Ignore the Dow (its only a measure of 30 mostly archaic companies anyhow). The Trump effect on the economy is acceleration that apparently requires the Fed to jack up interest rates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT