ADVERTISEMENT

trending seth rich

you got the perp
you got the weapon
you got witnesses
you got motive

you got the facts right
They have a perp? I thought there weren't any arrests.

There were witnesses? I thought there weren't any.

The have the weapon? I have not seen where one was recovered.

There is a motive? I haven't seen one clearly established.

What other facts have I missed?

They have a perp? I thought there weren't any arrests.

There were witnesses? I thought there weren't any.

The have the weapon? I have not seen where one was recovered.

There is a motive? I haven't seen one clearly established.

What other facts have I missed?

None. He's saying that since we can't prove it was a robbery gone wrong/random killing, then it must be a hit by the Clinton Death Squad. In other words, its a he said/she said situation with both sides calling the other naive and gullible.

Of course, one side requires all kinds of mental gymnastics and games of mental twister for it to make logical sense....but, they just keep on keepin' on, and always will, apparently.

Reactions: Pokeabear
None. He's saying that since we can't prove it was a robbery gone wrong/random killing, then it must be a hit by the Clinton Death Squad. In other words, its a he said/she said situation with both sides calling the other naive and gullible.

Of course, one side requires all kinds of mental gymnastics and games of mental twister for it to make logical sense....but, they just keep on keepin' on, and always will, apparently.
Bingo

Of course, one side requires all kinds of mental gymnastics and games of mental twister for it to make logical sense.... and the other blindly "as you said @wino" buys the soothing conspiracy theory narrative while ignoring the troubling anomalies in the Russian "hack" story as presented by Mueller etc.

giphy.gif

I apologize @wino . I know you are a long time ostate.com poster but rarely post on 24/7. I'm so used to a certain debate style (partisan pissing contest) that goes on here, it was my default position with you. I appreciate your willingness to invest in a well thought out answer, so let me elaborate a bit.

I post on this board for fun. Purely for self entertainment. The board regular leftists are entrenched in their ideology so there's no point in engaging them for a purpose of changing their minds. There is value in engaging them for the benefit of someone who may be reading the exchange and learn something new. And there is also some visceral enjoyment to be had in pissing them off, for no reason beyond an unapologetic guilty pleasure. Therefore, some of my posts are supposed to make a well thought out counter argument to something I disagree with, while others are designed to do nothing but piss off people who I believe should be pissed off as often as possible. It's not my responsibility to explain which is which - but as far as recent posts in this thread, the Epoch Times video is the only thing I stand behind as a source I trust. On the rare occasion lately that someone stumbles in here who wants to actually have a debate and examine ideas with open minds like you seem to be doing, I welcome that. Again - Apologies for treating you like the riff-raff. You've not proven you deserve that.
Cool, much appreciated reply.

I think it boils down to this: I don't do partisan pissing contests. I don't get into policy discussions, because that's not my cup of tea, at least not on here. And I rarely dabble into the right/wrong stuff either. Much of that around here depends on which team you've signed with anyway. I'm a free agent in that regard.

So it's not really my intent to get mixed up in the lefty/righty wars. And I get that some of your posts are aimed to challenge thought, while others are aimed to troll. Don't take my responses as blindly siding with those you are trolling, but rather as a challenge to consider the motive of the source you passed along. I think that's more productive than an LOL/eyeroll/dodge. But maybe I'm wrong and this ain't the place for me?

Well... I didn't tag you. I tagged a bunch of lazy jackasses who have yet to watch or comment.
I think you did tag me...otherwise I doubt I'd have seen it this weekend.
Moot point now, though. I appreciate you not lumping me in with the partisan crews anymore.

I get accused of buying into the Seth Rich CT but that's really not true. I've always been unconvinced fully about Russian hacking, and Seth Rich is not only a possible source - but at minimum is obviously a cautionary tale as to something similar that may have happened (ie. someone else downloaded it and suffered no violent consequence, but still.. maybe not Russia).
Cool, nothing wrong with being curious and skeptical. Where the SR stuff loses credibility with me is when the umpteenth person in a row advancing it (Kim Dotcom!) is discovered to be doing so in bad faith for the sake of personal gain or political capital.

There's also the possibility of Russian hacking/phishing AND a different, unnamed whistleblower/leaker. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Sign me up for a good Kennedy or Area 51 story, and I'm all ears. This one offends my basic sense of empathy for a dead kid and his family. If there turns out to have been sizzle on that steak, I will happily offer a mea culpa. It's just that I haven't seen anything other than fantasyland to back it up.

It would be like suggesting Harvey Updike orchestrated the women's BB plane crash on the eve of the Iowa State game so that Bama could work back to #2 in the BCS. And why not, he's just crazy enough to do it. Remember, he poisoned 100-year old trees the year before in a fit of rage.

But I find that embracing that line of thought without anything concrete to stand on to be disrespectful even more than it is disingenuous. Others may disagree. To each their own, I suppose.

Happily. Mate' tweet may or may not be valid.
I would suggest, respectfully, and very sincerly, that "may not" is a big favorite here.

I would say Epoch Times is worth listening to.
Thanks, I'll give it a run when I get a chance.

Don't take my responses as blindly siding with those you are trolling, but rather as a challenge to consider the motive of the source you passed along. I think that's more productive than an LOL/eyeroll/dodge. But maybe I'm wrong and this ain't the place for me?

I don't, which is why I'm engaging you seriously. It is more productive, I agree. But 24/7 is 99% about rubbing people's nose in their mistakes rather than engaging in productive debate. I'm genuinely OK with both/either.

I think you did tag me...otherwise I doubt I'd have seen it this weekend.

Well shit. I guess I did. My bad.

There's also the possibility of Russian hacking/phishing AND a different, unnamed whistleblower/leaker. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Sure. Good point.

This one offends my basic sense of empathy for a dead kid and his family. If there turns out to have been sizzle on that steak, I will happily offer a mea culpa. It's just that I haven't seen anything other than fantasyland to back it up.

See, I come at it from another direction. why is your sense of empathy better placed on leaving his murder unsolved instead of looking into one possible motive? That's something I never understood. It's a murder case. Empathy towards one's family is rarely the primary concern so much as figuring out who did it and why. I sure wish KIMDOTCOM had never been involved with this because he's a fraud. That tainted any rational curiosity in this case, which I think is otherwise completely OK.

I would suggest, respectfully, and very sincerly, that "may not" is a big favorite here.
Granted.

Reactions: CBradSmith and wino
I haven't seen any anomalies yet, but I am more than willing to re-watch the video and independently corroborate the claims.

Have you done the same?

Serious question: if Mueller is wrong about the stuff in the Epoch video, why hasn't Barr refuted those conclusions? His only statements that I have been aware of were regarding lack of collusion, but he supported the intel community's assertions that there was Russian hacking. Seems like he would push back if he felt Mueller got that part wrong, but he didn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Been Jammin
See, I come at it from another direction. why is your sense of empathy better placed on leaving his murder unsolved instead of looking into one possible motive? That's something I never understood. It's a murder case. Empathy towards one's family is rarely the primary concern so much as figuring out who did it and why. I sure wish KIMDOTCOM had never been involved with this because he's a fraud. That tainted any rational curiosity in this case, which I think is otherwise completely OK .

Sure, all motives should be explored. Isn't that what the cops are already doing?

I see turning over every stone as a totally different ballgame from pushing a bad faith narrative for political gain.

Any reasonable exploration of the facts would've put the CDS narrative to rest years ago. The reason some won't let go of this particular motive is precisely because of the partisanship.

I would wager that a good portion of those promoting the CDS narrative don't even believe it themselves, but they don't mind the political damage that it would inflict if true, so they push it in the hopes that others will buy in or at least go along.

Which I find shameful when an untimely death is involved. The kids parents have to deal with this shit, too.

The reason some won't let go of this particular motive is because of the partisanship.

Inversely, there are people who don't want to look too closely at whether or not Russia hacked the servers - for obvious political reason. If Russia didn't hack the servers, what exactly was the collusion mythology about? It was even more important to protect that at the time this thread started than it is now.

Inversely, there are people who don't want to look too closely at whether or not Russia hacked the servers - for obvious political reason. If Russia didn't hack the servers, what exactly was the collusion mythology about? It was even more important to protect that at the time this thread started than it is now.
Are you suggesting that there was no hacking whatsoever done by Russians, and that it was all internal whistleblowing or leaking activity?

If there was some hacking and some leaking, then there's ample room for collusion and non-collusion alike. If half of the releases were Russian and the other half were internal, the presence of one doesn't necessitate the absence of the other.

Thoughts on my question re: Barr's summary?

Reactions: MegaPoke
you’re constricted to the narrative
flying directly in the face of science

your compass got no north

There is absolutely no science to the CDS narrative. It is comparable to a movie starring Tom Cruise. Those of you who are on that train are suspending reality to fit a square peg into a round hole.

There is absolutely no science to the CDS narrative. It is comparable to a movie starring Tom Cruise. Those of you who are on that train are suspending reality to fit a square peg into a round hole.

what reality been?

the one with which you wrap yourself in swaddling clothes?

I haven't seen any anomalies yet, but I am more than willing to re-watch the video and independently corroborate the claims.

Have you done the same?

Serious question: if Mueller is wrong about the stuff in the Epoch video, why hasn't Barr refuted those conclusions? His only statements that I have been aware of were regarding lack of collusion, but he supported the intel community's assertions that there was Russian hacking. Seems like he would push back if he felt Mueller got that part wrong, but he didn't.

This is kinda interesting. Might check it out when you can.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...n-ratner-as-source-for-seth-rich-information/

By the way I think Barr will become more active in general as declassification happens. Maybe debunking the Russian hack is one of those things?

Reactions: GunsOfFrankEaton
This is kinda interesting. Might check it out when you can.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...n-ratner-as-source-for-seth-rich-information/

By the way I think Barr will become more active in general as declassification happens. Maybe debunking the Russian hack is one of those things?

You bitch and moan about sourcing and then go right back to the Gateway Pundit? A website that’s admitted it’s had to backpedal it’s conspiracy theory train because of numerous lawsuits.

C’mon man...seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT