ADVERTISEMENT

Things Are Heating Up In The Middle East

I’m good with that. Actually I think Khan was considering doing that exact thing because China was offering a better deal without all the demands, and look what happened.
Or maybe they were using China to get more from the US. Can't imagine China would be a better deal for them but who knows.

Or maybe they were using China to get more from the US. Can't imagine China would be a better deal for them but who knows.
Maybe, but the US wasn’t taking any chances. They got rid of him as easily as they got rid of the elected “pro-Russian” guy in Ukraine. @aliabedi could tell us more about the warming relations with China. I’m pretty sure it had to do with the Belt & Road Initiative, which very likely was a much more desirable relationship than America’s desire to put in nukes to keep China “contained.” Like Ukraine it would be Pakistani people who’d get blown to pieces as another of our many proxies.

Maybe, but the US wasn’t taking any chances. They got rid of him as easily as they got rid of the elected “pro-Russian” guy in Ukraine. @aliabedi could tell us more about the warming relations with China. I’m pretty sure it had to do with the Belt & Road Initiative, which very likely was a much more desirable relationship than America’s desire to put in nukes to keep China “contained.” Like Ukraine it would be Pakistani people who’d get blown to pieces as another of our many proxies.
Pakistan already has nukes. Had them since 98 or 99.

Pakistan already has nukes. Had them since 98 or 99.
Pakistan wants their nukes to be a deterrence against India. The US wants to surround China with nukes and Pakistan figures highly in the calculations.

He can’t and wouldn’t if he could, Dan. His inability to not only accept intellectual defeat, but also deflect any blame from Trump and/or Republicans is uncanny.

carry on
"Intellectual defeat"? Dam son, yer a piece of work. 🤣

Since 1956, the U.S. military personnel have served in the Pakistani military as military advisers and Pakistani military cadets have consistently attended the coveted U.S. military academies and war colleges.[5][6] After the Trump administration prevented Pakistan's access to the International Military Education and Training (IMET) plan, the U.S. military later claimed to be restart the program with Pakistani military, but it has never been restored due to the COVID-19 epidemic and other reasons.[7] At the same time the United States canceled all military aid to Pakistan.[8] As U.S. withdraws from Afghanistan,[9] Pakistani military strengthens alliance with the Chinese People's Liberation Army, Pakistan “increasingly sourced from China, especially the higher-end combat strike and power projection capabilities; and Pakistan continues to retire older U.S. and European origin platforms”.[10][11]

carry on

It is an independent channel which of course doesn't discuss qatri internal affairs otherwise it has a lot of international journalists including Americans.
This is the way that I see Al Jazeera

Al Jazeera – Bias and Credibility​

Al Jazeera - Left Center Bias - Liberal - Progressive - Democrat - Credible
Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

LEFT-CENTER BIAS​

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
  • Overall, we rate Al Jazeera Left-Center biased, based on story selection that slightly favors the left, and Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks that were not corrected and misleading extreme editorial bias that favors Qatar.

Detailed Report​

Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
MBFC’s Country Freedom Rank: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY

They tried to open a Conservative wing in Feb 2021 and shuttered it in Jan 2022.
The journalist was riding with a Hamas drone operator at the time of his death.

This is the way that I see Al Jazeera

Al Jazeera – Bias and Credibility​

Al Jazeera - Left Center Bias - Liberal - Progressive - Democrat - Credible
Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

LEFT-CENTER BIAS​

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
  • Overall, we rate Al Jazeera Left-Center biased, based on story selection that slightly favors the left, and Mixed for factual reporting due to failed fact checks that were not corrected and misleading extreme editorial bias that favors Qatar.

Detailed Report​

Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
MBFC’s Country Freedom Rank: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY

They tried to open a Conservative wing in Feb 2021 and shuttered it in Jan 2022.
The journalist was riding with a Hamas drone operator at the time of his death.
I do use Al Jazeera from time to time. I don't trust them to cover the Middle East accurately, as I have caught them in some blatant re-writing of a story to make it more friendly to their audience, but so does everyone else. They do a good job of covering stories outside the Middle East but do tend to run into biases when covering the US or when there is involvement of Islam. They have covered the Ukraine War better than many other news outlets. Not perfect by any means but understanding what they are and how they report is needed before using them, with that understanding they can be a usable source.

I do use Al Jazeera from time to time. I don't trust them to cover the Middle East accurately, as I have caught them in some blatant re-writing of a story to make it more friendly to their audience, but so does everyone else. They do a good job of covering stories outside the Middle East but do tend to run into biases when covering the US or when there is involvement of Islam. They have covered the Ukraine War better than many other news outlets. Not perfect by any means but understanding what they are and how they report is needed before using them, with that understanding they can be a usable source.
Isn't it that way with every news outlet? That's my issue with the MSM they try to claim they are truth Sayers when in reality they are more politically biased than any other outlet out there. FOX is right wing outlet but at least they give Democrats a voice for viewers to hear another perspective.

Reactions: Forpetessake
I read them as well, but I base the info from others and live by the he said, she said and the truth lays in the middle somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: EZ Reyes
Who was it that pointed out Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, but before Israel we had no enemies in the Middle East?
Wow Dan wow. I am sorry missed the Russian and China bases that got bombed or the ships flying those flags. Wake the hell up bud.

Wow Dan wow. I am sorry missed the Russian and China bases that got bombed or the ships flying those flags. Wake the hell up bud.
I’m wide awake, thank you very much. But I have no idea what you are saying with this comment.

I’m wide awake, thank you very much. But I have no idea what you are saying with this comment.
When Israel went into Gaza did a Chinese or Russian base get hit with a missile by a proxy of Iran? How about a ship flying either of those flags in the Red Sea? We getting there?

Who was it that pointed out Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, but before Israel we had no enemies in the Middle East?
Do you think if the Jews were removed from Israel there would be peace in the Middle East and the rest of the world?

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Do you think if the Jews were removed from Israel there would be peace in the Middle East and the rest of the world?
Clever of you to toss in "the rest of the world." I don't know if there would be peace in the Middle East if there were no Jews living there, any more than you know if there would be peace in the Middle East if there were no Palestinians. What I do know is there is no peace in the Middle East the way things are now. Western Europe unloaded their "Jew problem" onto the ME and there has been unremitting killing ever since. But Western Europe skated from the problem! That's all that matters.

Clever of you to toss in "the rest of the world." I don't know if there would be peace in the Middle East if there were no Jews living there, any more than you know if there would be peace in the Middle East if there were no Palestinians. What I do know is there is no peace in the Middle East the way things are now. Western Europe unloaded their "Jew problem" onto the ME and there has been unremitting killing ever since. But Western Europe skated from the problem! That's all that matters.
Those that push the European Jew problem narrative tell on themselves when they put forth that rhetoric.

History should be enough to tell you peace in the Middle East is a pipe dream. A simple Wiki page showing just the conflicts since the 1900 is enough to prove that point. Notice the Jews were not involved in many.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Those that push the European Jew problem narrative tell on themselves when they put forth that rhetoric.

History should be enough to tell you peace in the Middle East is a pipe dream. A simple Wiki page showing just the conflicts since the 1900 is enough to prove that point. Notice the Jews were not involved in many.
So what? The Jews are involved in this one, and this is the one that needs resolution. And the reason the Jews are involved this time is because western Europe couldn't get them out of their hair fast enough and successfully pushed their "Jew problem" onto the ME. I've got no problem with there being an "Israel." But the greed of the Zionists is unquenchable. They want it all, and they want it now. And as long as they keep American politicans in their pocket things are only going to get worse.

So what? The Jews are involved in this one, and this is the one that needs resolution. And the reason the Jews are involved this time is because western Europe couldn't get them out of their hair fast enough and successfully pushed their "Jew problem" onto the ME. I've got no problem with there being an "Israel." But the greed of the Zionists is unquenchable. They want it all, and they want it now. And as long as they keep American politicans in their pocket things are only going to get worse.
You said you didn't know if there would be peace in the Middle East with no Jews living, I showed you using history there will always be violence in the Middle East.
Yea how greedy of those damn Jews for wanting to destroy an enemy that has attacked them for decades. How dare they want to not be willing victims of barbaric acts of Muslims. SMFH
Do you not find it strange that with all these supposed riches in the ground under Gaza the Muslims haven't done anything to develop those riches and use them to create prosperity for the people? Prosperous people become self reliant, hard to control and are not as easily manipulated by the powers that be. Of course the powers that be live a life of luxury while the people they control live a life of poverty and violence. Sound familiar?

You said you didn't know if there would be peace in the Middle East with no Jews living, I showed you using history there will always be violence in the Middle East.
Yea how greedy of those damn Jews for wanting to destroy an enemy that has attacked them for decades. How dare they want to not be willing victims of barbaric acts of Muslims. SMFH
Do you not find it strange that with all these supposed riches in the ground under Gaza the Muslims haven't done anything to develop those riches and use them to create prosperity for the people? Prosperous people become self reliant, hard to control and are not as easily manipulated by the powers that be. Of course the powers that be live a life of luxury while the people they control live a life of poverty and violence. Sound familiar?
It's interesting, don't you think (I do) that western Europe was so excited to ship their Jews to a land where they'd be surrounded by people they knew hate them, and as you put it want to kill them via barbaric acts? I do not deny the enmity the Palestinians feel for Israelis, especially after what Israel has done to them. But for some strange reason you can't bring yourself to admit the Israelis hate the Palestinians with equal enmity and have been more than willing to visit vilolence on them 10 times worse than they have received. I recognize the hatred and violence is a two way street. You can only see the vicimhood of the Israelis. In your eyes the Israelis only respond, never instigate. And that's why we go round and round. You think Palestinian violence is unjustified and never provoked. You are dead wrong about that. (Do not interpret that as me justififying Oct 7, there is no justification for Oct 7.) And that's what I mean about your notion that everything began on Oct 7. "But Oct 7!!!" As for your thought that Palestinians as a race lack ambition, self reliance. Maybe you're right, although it is a pretty collectivist/racist notion. I suspect Palestinians are like the rest of humanity, some are lazy and some are hard workers driven by ambition. What I do know is Israel from the time of David Ben-Gurion has had a plan to keep the Palestinian separate, with inferior rights and under control. Under control: under their boot. So it's possible the "lack of Gazan ambition" has a cause. In my youth a long time ago Jim Crow was utilitzed throughout the American South. And the general racist notion about blacks was they were an inferior race, utterly lacking in intelligence and lazy to boot. What you're saying about Palestinians today "sounds familiar," way too familiar for comfort.

It's interesting, don't you think (I do) that western Europe was so excited to ship their Jews to a land where they'd be surrounded by people they knew hate them, and as you put it want to kill them via barbaric acts? I do not deny the enmity the Palestinians feel for Israelis, especially after what Israel has done to them. But for some strange reason you can't bring yourself to admit the Israelis hate the Palestinians with equal enmity and have been more than willing to visit vilolence on them 10 times worse than they have received. I recognize the hatred and violence is a two way street. You can only see the vicimhood of the Israelis. In your eyes the Israelis only respond, never instigate. And that's why we go round and round. You think Palestinian violence is unjustified and never provoked. You are dead wrong about that. (Do not interpret that as me justififying Oct 7, there is no justification for Oct 7.) And that's what I mean about your notion that everything began on Oct 7. "But Oct 7!!!" As for your thought that Palestinians as a race lack ambition, self reliance. Maybe you're right, although it is a pretty collectivist/racist notion. I suspect Palestinians are like the rest of humanity, some are lazy and some are hard workers driven by ambition. What I do know is Israel from the time of David Ben-Gurion has had a plan to keep the Palestinian separate, with inferior rights and under control. Under control: under their boot. So it's possible the "lack of Gazan ambition" has a cause. In my youth a long time ago Jim Crow was utilitzed throughout the American South. And the general racist notion about blacks was they were an inferior race, utterly lacking in intelligence and lazy to boot. What you're saying about Palestinians today "sounds familiar," way too familiar for comfort.
History is your friend Dan, the entire Middle East has treated the Palestinians like they are beneath them for all of their existence. Not saying it's right, merely pointing out the facts you seem to ignore.

History is your friend Dan, the entire Middle East has treated the Palestinians like they are beneath them for all of their existence. Not saying it's right, merely pointing out the facts you seem to ignore.
I don't ignore it. It is immaterial. You seem to think the Israelis are justified in imprisoning the Palestinian population because nobody likes them. Who cares who likes them? They were living on the land when western Europe came in with a bludgeon and helped the Zionists make them prisoners. That seems to be the part of history you want to ignore.

• Haha
Reactions: EZ Reyes
I don't ignore it. It is immaterial. You seem to think the Israelis are justified in imprisoning the Palestinian population because nobody likes them. Who cares who likes them? They were living on the land when western Europe came in with a bludgeon and helped the Zionists make them prisoners. That seems to be the part of history you want to ignore.
That's a one way street of looking at things and totally avoids historical realities. I've read some of the Palestinian narrative you seem to have swallowed as fact, I've also read many different historical articles on the subject. History wins.

Here is random article picked because it was the first one I came across during a search, discusses and list some of the history that differs from the Palestinian narrative with historical references.

That's a one way street of looking at things and totally avoids historical realities. I've read some of the Palestinian narrative you seem to have swallowed as fact, I've also read many different historical articles on the subject. History wins.

Here is random article picked because it was the first one I came across during a search, discusses and list some of the history that differs from the Palestinian narrative with historical references.
I’ll read your this evening. You read mine when you get a chance.

I’ll read your this evening. You read mine when you get a chance.

I'll read your article but just looking at the source I can tell you I'm highly skeptical of anything it says considering it's written by a Russian Think Tank and the foundation has been sanctioned by the US Government as well as other countries. Surely a Russian think tank wouldn't be spreading any propaganda.

Read your article. My initial thoughts are it's perfectly reasonable for Israel to want territory that provides military advantages considering how many time the Muslims have tried to annihilate them. I'll read it again after a while and see what I get out of it on the second reading.

Read your article. My initial thoughts are it's perfectly reasonable for Israel to want territory that provides military advantages considering how many time the Muslims have tried to annihilate them. I'll read it again after a while and see what I get out of it on the second reading.
I'm sure Israel thinks it's perfectly reasonable to occupy land not theirs in order to maintain military superiority over people they can annihilate any time they want. (And do regularly.) Don't we all want that! The point of the article was to explain how Zionism will always be in crisis because it establishes a bifurcation beween two peoples that share the territory. Israel want to control everything - literally everything, the land, the water, the Palestinians, you name it - giving them superiority in every governmental aspect, fencing in the second class Palestinians and keeping them fenced in for all time. That is certain to create resistance, and that resistance cannot be contolled, contrary to the Zionists' ambition. Things like Oct 7 will eventually break out, proving to Israel that their method of control will not last. It will only create more and worse tyranny which will create more resistance.

I'll read your article but just looking at the source I can tell you I'm highly skeptical of anything it says considering it's written by a Russian Think Tank and the foundation has been sanctioned by the US Government as well as other countries. Surely a Russian think tank wouldn't be spreading any propaganda.

As opposed to the truthsayers at the Jewish Federation…

carry on

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
There will always be unrest in the middle east. Just how Mohammed wired them folks.
Have you ever noticed how once the US achieved world hegemony and realized the only way to keep it was through military dominance anywhere on the globe, that we have been involved in military conflicts nonstop ever since? That damned Mohammed must have wired us too!

• Haha
Reactions: Marocain Poke
Have you ever noticed how once the US achieved world hegemony and realized the only way to keep it was through military dominance anywhere on the globe, that we have been involved in military conflicts nonstop ever since? That damned Mohammed must have wired us too!
Mohammed created their culture of unrest and pillage long before the US came into existence. I'm beginning to believe you stem from the Mohammed family tree Dan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT