ADVERTISEMENT

The Left is Unhinged. There can be no peace.

The problem is are suburban women paying attention to everything that is going on. And does it bother them enough to overcome GG their objection To Trumps communication style?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, which I am not, but didn't Obama nominate Merrick Garland in his lame duck year? Thankfully Republicans controlled the Senate and because Garland was not up to the Republican standards he was not considered. Now Trump has the same ability to nominate a Justice that the Republican controlled Senate can and should take up for consideration.
It will be a moot point when Trump wins reelection and the Republicans hold onto the Senate.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, which I am not, but didn't Obama nominate Merrick Garland in his lame duck year? Thankfully Republicans controlled the Senate and because Garland was not up to the Republican standards he was not considered. Now Trump has the same ability to nominate a Justice that the Republican controlled Senate can and should take up for consideration.
It will be a moot point when Trump wins reelection and the Republicans hold onto the Senate.
People are referring to precedence.

They are comparing apples and oranges.

People are referring to precedence.

They are comparing apples and oranges.
Yep...

Final year of a second 4 year term with a Senate majority held by the opposing party

vs

4th year of a first 4 year term with a likely 4 year re-election term with a Senate majority held by the same party

Democrats are morons if they think that's an apples to apples comparison.

Yep...

Final year of a second 4 year term with a Senate majority held by the opposing party

vs

4th year of a first 4 year term with a likely 4 year re-election term with a Senate majority held by the same party

Democrats are morons if they think that's an apples to apples comparison.

I disagree about it being apples to oranges. As said in other threads, you are president until you aren’t, and you work as president until you are no longer president. The difference is in the senate this time than the last time. GOP senate, GOPish president. Where this will be highly intriguing is when the dems have both the presidency and the senate if the Supreme Court holds (assuming trump appoints, successfully, a repacement) and how they openly stack the court.

Which they cannot do without holding the branch or having the votes.
Yes I know demographics change and eventually it could/will happen, hopefully after I depart from this shitty mess

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
I disagree about it being apples to oranges. As said in other threads, you are president until you aren’t, and you work as president until you are no longer president. The difference is in the senate this time than the last time. GOP senate, GOPish president. Where this will be highly intriguing is when the dems have both the presidency and the senate if the Supreme Court holds (assuming trump appoints, successfully, a repacement) and how they openly stack the court.
I think their threats to expand the number of justices to "stack" the court will backfire. They can't openly call for an apolitical justice to be appointed while actively calling for "stacking" the court without getting a bunch of eyebrows raised.

I think their threats to expand the number of justices to "stack" the court will backfire. They can't openly call for an apolitical justice to be appointed while actively calling for "stacking" the court without getting a bunch of eyebrows raised.

Sure they can call for it and then stack it. It is hypocrisy for sure, but when has that really stopped either side? I agree, it could and probably would backfire. People have accepted 9 justices as the norm. Doesn’t mean they wouldn’t try it. Right now, they are continuing the tantrums that many are sick of. They will, at some point, have the executive branch and the senate again. Matter is when that happens and what the climate is at the time. I was concerned about Gorsuch, though he has mostly proven me wrong. So far, none of the appointments has been bad. Kavanaugh was another tantrum circus, but he has done quite well, just see RBGs comments on him.

I will add this, I think the focus is on Barrett...I do not see that as his pick. If he goes with Lagoa (FL, I think), the Democrats will have no argument. She checks a lot of boxes. Female. Constitutionist, consistent. I would love to see her as the nominee. I did not think Merrick was a horrible choice for Obama, so who knows.

I will add this, I think the focus is on Barrett...I do not see that as his pick. If he goes with Lagoa (FL, I think), the Democrats will have no argument. She checks a lot of boxes. Female. Constitutionist, consistent. I would love to see her as the nominee. I did not think Merrick was a horrible choice for Obama, so who knows.
They would argue she didn’t have the experience.

They would argue she didn’t have the experience.

They could argue that, good point. I do not think that would go over very well with women voters, though. “Would a man get the same criticism...” There is nothing controversial about her, imo.

Reactions: CBradSmith

Garland's very questionable previous decisions on the second amendment is enough to disqualify him IMO.

I’m worried about what the Right will do.

Hahahahahaha.

Hahahahahaha.

Hahahahahaha.

Ha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT