ADVERTISEMENT

The Inconsequential Hazard Of War, Collateral Damage?

Well, let's see. Recently the UN had a vote calling for a permanent cease fire in the name of preserving lives. The vote was 173 calling for a cease fire, 4 against, and 19 abstintions. So it failed to pass because the US, Israel and two tiny inslands whch the US probably bribed voted "Nay," and at the UN the USA gets what the USA wants. So I use that as evidence that "most of the world" wants to end the bombing, and I would presume that most of the 173 nations would call what Israel is doing a war crime.

I'm somewhat perplexed why you find the report to be a lie. Was the accompaning picture of the legless child fake, too? But yes, I take on face value that the child saw her parents disappear under the same rubble that crushed her legs, just like I accept on face value Israel's claim of multiple rapes in the Oct 7 attack even though to my knowledge they haven't produced forensic evidence that there were in fact many many rapes.

Let me say for the umpteenth time (maybe eventually some of you will get it through your thick skulls!) I am *fully aware* that the Gazans have their own propaganda machine at work in this conflict. It pales in comparison to that of the Israelis, but it exists. I say that up front and out loud. I post these sympathetic articles about the Gazan's plight because I see unbelievable indifference to their suffering by virtually every pro-Israeli advocate on this board. Which is hard for me to compute, because they show extreme empathy for the Israeli victims from Oct 7, but don't give a single damn what happened to that little girl and her family and the thousand or so other children amputees because of Israel's brutal slaughter. Many if not most articulate those children deserve what they got. I have assumed it is because the children are nameless and faceless and are never mentioned on the media they consume. It occurred to me that if they see the reality that those are real children in real places with real pain and suffering they might revert to the Christian charity they have probably been raised to practice.

Right now there is a huge outcry that the editor of Canadian broadcasting defended their use of verbiage referring to Palestinain killing of Israelis one way and the Israeli bombing in much more moderate tones because Israel is dropping bombs from thousands of feet in the air, they never see the results of the carnage, and for some reason the editor says that is a more preferable way to kill than face-to-face. It is astonishing to me the degree to which so many people are willing to accept that what Israel is doing is justified.
Sorry Dan, but I quit reading after the first paragraph. There is no point arguing with someone who equates "voting for a peace treaty" to "Believing war crimes are being committed."

Sorry Dan, but I quit reading after the first paragraph. There is no point arguing with someone who equates "voting for a peace treaty" to "Believing war crimes are being committed."
There’s no point in arguing about it at all. You have your opinion and I have mine, and if you don’t want to talk about it then we shouldn’t talk. If we argue that implies the premise is for one of us to “defeat” the other. That’s never been my intention. I enjoy hearing opinions of other people, especially those whose opinions don’t match with mine. Unfortunately most people on this board have based their opinions from an emotional starting point which causes them to get angry for no real reason when they worry their emotional reactions are not enough to “win.” It usually manifests itself in personal attacks or refusing to continue because they have been triggered. When you consider my age and admittedly unorthodox viewpoints I’m used to the reaction, like water off a duck’s back, as they say.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT