ADVERTISEMENT

The goal of the Left

SUPERPOKES

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW
Our Founding Fathers built an incredible country with a democratic form of government and a constitution that has lasted longer than any other in world history. Think about that. Longer than any other in the history of the world.

But, I’m worried about the direction our nation is headed.

What we’re seeing now is leftists and anarchists who want to destroy everything that our forefathers have built. Everyone from Bernie, AOC, and the leftist mayors of major liberal cities to the uneducated turds marching in those same cities where the damage is being done want to not only change what we’re about, they want to blow it up.

A lot of the ground troops of this movement are young people - high school and college aged kids - who are both very idealistic and very impressionable. Many are also very naive.

And, ironically, they are trying to the very same thing that a pandemic is doing at the very same time - creating a new reality. BIGOSUFAN’s post about 2+2 = 5 is spot on, and is a broad-reaching concept that has been taking place in America, some could say, for a very long time - changing wrong to right in the name of acceptance and “being up with the times.”

Once again, the 2+2=5 analogy is spot on. What used to be a given in our society can not be assumed any more. Using drugs, abortion, homosexuality, bad language as part of one’s everyday vernacular - that’s just a tip of the iceberg of the things that used to be concrete dos and don’ts in society that have been massively changed in the name of American freedoms. Now vandalism, looting, mayhem, and even murder all seems to be justified, even by members of the government.

I’m really worried about the direction this nation is headed.

Reactions: Rdcldad
...Using drugs, abortion, homosexuality, bad language as part of one’s everyday vernacular - that’s just a tip of the iceberg of the things that used to be concrete dos and don’ts in society that have been massively changed in the name of American freedoms.
The very strength of American Democracy has been it's ability to adapt over time, not always in a straight line, but consistently America has progressed toward greater individual freedom, greater equality - is that what you are referencing here? Gay rights for instance, that is the root of ills in America today?

The very strength of American Democracy has been it's ability to adapt over time, not always in a straight line, but consistently America has progressed toward greater individual freedom, greater equality - is that what you are referencing here? Gay rights for instance, that is the root of ills in America today?

I don’t know about you David, but I believe in Biblical rights and wrongs that are the basics in a law-abiding society. Changes simply to satisfy someone’s self-gratification (abortion, etc.) I have a hard time going along with. I’ve tried to lead my life (and teach my kids) to ask this question before acting: “Is this action right or wrong in the eyes of God?”

Reactions: CoastGuardCowboy
I don’t know about you David, but I believe in Biblical rights and wrongs that are the basics in a law-abiding society. Changes simply to satisfy someone’s self-gratification (abortion, etc.) I have a hard time going along with. I’ve tried to lead my life (and teach my kids) to ask this question before acting: “Is this action right or wrong in the eyes of God?”
Not for me - especially in light of basically every social change from the end of slavery on was opposed on the basis of the bible. Pick your testament: Genesis 9 verses 18–27 or Ephesians 5 verses 5-7.

Not for me - especially in light of basically every social change from the end of slavery on was opposed on the basis of the bible. Pick your testament: Genesis 9 verses 18–27 or Ephesians 5 verses 5-7.

So you don’t believe in the Bible? That answers a lot of things.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Do not let anyone on the left fool you, they fully support what is going on in with all these riots. It’s the same as their support and positions they take on China, Iran, Russia and blatant abuse of government power. If they think it hurts Trump and will give them the power they so crave, they are all for it.

What gay rights are you talking about? Can you give me some examples of things that they're being denied?

Ephesians 5? What exactly is controversial?

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

Your infatuation with gays is bizarre. Really bizarre.

That 1-5% of any population has to “flex” to obtain equal (and/or) special rights & privileges like indoctrination of underage children for instance.
Unisex bathrooms are fine as long as it’s one @ a time, no group parties in a public facility.

Last edited:
Ephesians 5? What exactly is controversial?

5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.
Good catch. Going from memory - flip over to chapter 6.

What gay rights are you talking about? Can you give me some examples of things that they're being denied?
Today in America it is legal to deny a gay couple housing simply based on their sexual orientation. And it was legal literally up to last month until the Supreme Court said the word 'sex' in the list of protected classes also included not just gender but sexual orientation and gender identity regarding employment protections. You could literally fire an employee because they came out of the closet.

Yes... but through the amendment process. Not simply redefining words and inventing rights that don't exist.

Reactions: iasooner1
Yes... but through the amendment process. Not simply redefining words and inventing rights that don't exist.
No one said it was an easy path, nor should it be. BTW: not just via Amendments, but also by legal redress through the courts, and of course the legislative process.

This is a ridiculous analogy. Religion is not a monothlic entity. For every person who uses religion to justify their actions you will find the opposite number who use the same religion to oppose them.

That's the problem with leftist radicals they stereotype everyone and lump people into groups to justify their totalitarian methods.

This is a ridiculous analogy. Religion is not a monothlic entity. For every person who uses religion to justify their actions you will find the opposite number who use the same religion to oppose them.
You probably meant this for the OP. I'm not using religion in any way to make my argument.

Oh and thanks for the daily dose of irony...
1bd337ab-6df5-5e04-917a-da57c36f0309__35245.1555423687.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT