ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible boss

200w.gif

transferred to a different department.

Just a follow up to my post way above...in August we celebrated the 24th anniversary of my boss being fired...with ice cream sandwiches. Next year will be a silver anniversary so I need to do something special. I do work for a corporation...but the guy was so disliked everyone enjoys my remembrance.

When I was at Arkansas State I had the best boss ever, he got cancer, he retired and then Satan was hired. I remember my first meeting with him. He said, when your contract ends so does your employment. He did an audit on all the VPs. The CFO retired, the provost was relieved of his duties for flying 1st class with state dollars, the AD (Dean Lee) was reassigned to work for me and the Chancellor made him write handwritten letters to donors and sign the Chancellors name.

The dude was a raging alcoholic. He started buying liquor with foundation funds. He also would falsify expense reimbursements. He would call me every night and carpet F bomb me.

Of course I was out interviewing. He found out I was the lone finalist for a VP job at University of the Pacific and he tried to fire me for insubordination. I was stunned. He got fired after I left.

I finally left to go to St. John’s and my boss was a dude from the Phillipines. He had a huge Napoleon complex and hated OSU because we did not hire him as provost. We hired the guy from Yale that got fired at Wyoming instead.

When I accepted my job in Dallas I walked in his office and said. Napoleon, I can’t work for a chauvinist, narcissistic pig, I quit. Before I quit I went to legal counsel and negotiated my buyout of my contract.

Reactions: wyomingosualum
He said, when your contract ends so does your employment.

The dude was a raging alcoholic.

He started buying liquor with foundation funds.

He also would falsify expense reimbursements.

He would call me every night and carpet F bomb me.

you are a very nice guy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT