ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32

OHkie

Redshirt
Oct 14, 2018
Lots of commitments coming out of this weekend, will we see any for the good guys? A few Okies in the finals all would or will look good in Orange.

Lots of commitments coming out of this weekend, will we see any for the good guys? A few Okies in the finals all would or will look good in Orange.
For potential Cowboys or Cowboys this tournament has looked good. The already Cowboy verbal is McComas who is in the finals at 126 against a potential Cowboy Jax Forrest. D Lockett is in the finals at 157 along with Michael Mocco at 215. Routledge is in the finals at 150. Voinovich got knocked out earlier.

Reactions: turfpoke and JAY45
For potential Cowboys or Cowboys this tournament has looked good. The already Cowboy verbal is McComas who is in the finals at 126 against a potential Cowboy Jax Forrest. D Lockett is in the finals at 157 along with Michael Mocco at 215. Routledge is in the finals at 150. Voinovich got knocked out earlier.
McComas lost 5 to 3 to Forrest after Forrest escapes and immediately shot a double right thru McComas. Close match. Lockett won 4 to 1 in overtime. Very tough match for D but he pulled it out with a takedown early in the 1st overtime. His opponent shot and Lockett got a leg, elevated it, tripped and got the takedown. Mocco lost 4 to 3 because he got turned for 3 when on the bottom.

Reactions: JAY45 and DPJ
McComas lost 5 to 3 to Forrest after Forrest escapes and immediately shot a double right thru McComas. Close match. Lockett won 4 to 1 in overtime. Very tough match for D but he pulled it out with a takedown early in the 1st overtime. His opponent shot and Lockett got a leg, elevated it, tripped and got the takedown. Mocco lost 4 to 3 because he got turned for 3 when on the bottom.
There was also a guy from Edmond (North I think) at 150 in the finals. He lost to a guy from PA(I think who is going into Military).

There were some good matches, but all run together as I don’t follow the high school guys.

There was also a guy from Edmond (North I think) at 150 in the finals. He lost to a guy from PA(I think who is going into Military).

There were some good matches, but all run together as I don’t follow the high school guys.
Kody Routledge (Edmond North) lost 2-4 to Kollin Rath in the 150 finals. Rath got 3rd in PA AAA as FR and 1st last year as a So. They are now 2-2 with Routledge taking both Freestyle matches and Rath taking both Folkstyle, also I don't think Rath is going into the military, he just hasn't committed to a college yet.

That being said, Routledge wrestled an amazing tournament, and has shown dramatic improvement in his Folkstyle wrestling over the past year. His ability to get off bottom against some the best top guys in the country was really impressive. I don't think we're going to land him as he's taken official visits multiple other locations and hasn't trekked the 50 miles north to Stillwater, which is a shame because he's shown amazing growth over the past year and has proven he has a really high ceiling.

As for likely commits, Lockett showed flashes of why he is truly a special talent, JJ put out some the best wrestling he's ever shown which is fantastic, and Forrest was in a Zo singlet for at least some of his matches so that bodes well for us as well.

Kody Routledge (Edmond North) lost 2-4 to Kollin Rath in the 150 finals. Rath got 3rd in PA AAA as FR and 1st last year as a So. They are now 2-2 with Routledge taking both Freestyle matches and Rath taking both Folkstyle, also I don't think Rath is going into the military, he just hasn't committed to a college yet.

That being said, Routledge wrestled an amazing tournament, and has shown dramatic improvement in his Folkstyle wrestling over the past year. His ability to get off bottom against some the best top guys in the country was really impressive. I don't think we're going to land him as he's taken official visits multiple other locations and hasn't trekked the 50 miles north to Stillwater, which is a shame because he's shown amazing growth over the past year and has proven he has a really high ceiling.

As for likely commits, Lockett showed flashes of why he is truly a special talent, JJ put out some the best wrestling he's ever shown which is fantastic, and Forrest was in a Zo singlet for at least some of his matches so that bodes well for us as well.
Thanks for clarifying - I had trouble keeping track of the wrestlers at each weight. Must have been the weight below going to the military.

Thanks for clarifying - I had trouble keeping track of the wrestlers at each weight. Must have been the weight below going to the military.

Right now our top 3 prospects to win National Championships down the road are 3 true freshmen ( Carroll. Thompson and Hughes). Other wrestlers who can contribute heavily and can be an important part of a team National Champion are Sprately, Young , Williams and possibly Jamison. We need the 197 possible champion down the road Cody Merrill rated 8th pound for pound. 2025 we need 157 or 165 Lockett rated 19th pound for pound. Also 2025 we could get Daniel Zepeda 141 or 149 rated 15 pound for pound. 2026 would be Jax Forrest 125 or 133 rated 5th pound for pound and Bo Bassett 149 or 157 rated 16th pound for pound. All have connections to the Cowboys. This could get us to Penn.St level with good development.

Right now our top 3 prospects to win National Championships down the road are 3 true freshmen ( Carroll. Thompson and Hughes). Other wrestlers who can contribute heavily and can be an important part of a team National Champion are Sprately, Young , Williams and possibly Jamison. We need the 197 possible champion down the road Cody Merrill rated 8th pound for pound. 2025 we need 157 or 165 Lockett rated 19th pound for pound. Also 2025 we could get Daniel Zepeda 141 or 149 rated 15 pound for pound. 2026 would be Jax Forrest 125 or 133 rated 5th pound for pound and Bo Bassett 149 or 157 rated 16th pound for pound. All have connections to the Cowboys. This could get us to Penn.St level with good development.
Thanks Harley

I just seen an article about Bo Bassett, Jax Forrest, and Melvin Miller. I did not realize that they all went to the same high school. I also did not realize that Miller and Bassett were brothers by adoption. Bassett's parents adopted Miller. If I remember correctly, someone was saying that Oklahoma State was a favorite to get either Bassett or Forrest. Can you imagine one team landing all three of these young men?

I just seen an article about Bo Bassett, Jax Forrest, and Melvin Miller. I did not realize that they all went to the same high school. I also did not realize that Miller and Bassett were brothers by adoption. Bassett's parents adopted Miller. If I remember correctly, someone was saying that Oklahoma State was a favorite to get either Bassett or Forrest. Can you imagine one team landing all three of these young men?
Bassett posted a video today working out with ladarion Lockett

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT