ADVERTISEMENT

Stitt vs. Dorky Drew

driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
538 has Stitt at 80% to win. Sure are lots of those Edmondson signs around Tulsa. I really like Stitt & feel like he's got a unlimited future in politics. Teachers union vote has me a bit concerned too. You guys confident Stitt wins?

538 has Stitt at 80% to win. Sure are lots of those Edmondson signs around Tulsa. I really like Stitt & feel like he's got a unlimited future in politics. Teachers union vote has me a bit concerned too. You guys confident Stitt wins?
No, I would like to see Drew win. I honestly have no idea how it will play out.

Teachers that are union members are probably heavily Drew, but i think Stitt will still get a decent amount of teachers.

Smart voters know Drew is lying about shit.

He said that some of his kids were not vaccinated. That is dangerous and stupid.

It should also not be a choice of the kids to to any school.

Flu shot not quite the same. But get it every year.

Anti science? Anti vaccine? He's pro parent's choice on vaccinations. That's not anti vaccine.

Have you gotten your flu vaccine yet?
There is a huge difference in the flu vaccine and MMR. It’s dickheads that are anti vaccine that are allowing some shit to start spreading again.

I’m all for personal responsibility, but liability is a thing as well. If you don’t vaccinate your children because ****ing Jenny McCarthy told you not to, you are too ****ing dumb to have children.

He said that some of his kids were not vaccinated. That is dangerous and stupid.

It should also not be a choice of the kids to to any school.

Flu shot not quite the same. But get it every year.
Flu shot isn't the same? On what planet?

Again, he's pro parent choice on vaccines. If we're going to be staunch in taking away individual rights to choose, is abortion on that list?

And, scientifically speaking, comparing one unvaccinated child to 50 vaccinated children, who is at risk?

Flu shot isn't the same? On what planet?

Again, he's pro parent choice on vaccines. If we're going to be staunch in taking away individual rights to choose, is abortion on that list?

And, scientifically speaking, comparing one unvaccinated child to 50 vaccinated children, who is at risk?
Parents choice is fine. If you choose that, your kid shouldn’t be allowed in public schools.

What about the kid that gets something and then gives it to a baby too young to vaccinate? Tough shit there?

There is a huge difference in the flu vaccine and MMR. It’s dickheads that are anti vaccine that are allowing some shit to start spreading again.
Have you compared mortality rates for flu with mumps, measles, and rubella in the pediatric and elderly populations?

Parents choice is fine. If you choose that, your kid shouldn’t be allowed in public schools.
No exceptions? What else can we require with no exceptions? How many people does smoking, alcohol, and prescription opiates kill each year? Ban those with no exceptions? What about guns? Can we ban those with no exceptions?

I am. Have you compared them?
You cannot. One has been vaccinated for decades at near 100% rate until Jenny McCarthy told people it was bad. These mindless drones decided to stop so it’s making a comeback but thankfully the majority of the population isn’t dumb enough to stop vaccinating their children.

As for flu, it lasts a year and the flu virus changes every year so the vaccination is generally not all that effective.

Have you compared mortality rates for flu with mumps, measles, and rubella in the pediatric and elderly populations?

There is a whole lot wrong with this post. That said, vaccine efficacy plays a huge role. Yes, everybody that can, should be vaccinated for influenza. However, Influenza virus is vastly different than other viruses, such as those with the MMR vaccine and all of the other children vaccines. Those others undergo very little antigenic variability unlike Influenza.

I do not think people should be forced to vaccinate their children, unless they attend public schools. I think those that do not vaccinate their children are idiots, but can absolutely exercise that right. However, your comparison is just dead wrong.

That said, I am not in OK, you guys have fun with that :)

I'm still debating with myself as to who I'll vote for. I can see Drew moderating our legislature - which would be a good thing.
I’ll take a firmer AGs Government experience over a private business experience almost any day of the week. I feel like this should be a clear and easy choice for most, but I was wrong before. I hope to see Mr. Edmonson moderating our legislators as you have said come election night.

You cannot. One has been vaccinated for decades at near 100% rate until Jenny McCarthy told people it was bad. These mindless drones decided to stop so it’s making a comeback but thankfully the majority of the population isn’t dumb enough to stop vaccinating their children.

As for flu, it lasts a year and the flu virus changes every year so the vaccination is generally not all that effective.
Oh but you can compare them. Vaccines aren't universal. Measles, mumps, and rubella have not been eradicated. Mortality rates are based on infection total and death total. It's quite easy to look at mortality rates on a per capita basis.

There is a whole lot wrong with this post. That said, vaccine efficacy plays a huge role. Yes, everybody that can, should be vaccinated for influenza. However, Influenza virus is vastly different than other viruses, such as those with the MMR vaccine and all of the other children vaccines. Those others undergo very little antigenic variability unlike Influenza.
Does the flu vaccine reduce mortality in influenza infected patients?

I’m a no with Stitt, I’m not absolutely a no with drew yet, I’m in the maybe camp.

Reactions: CowboyJD
How can a pro life person be pro choice with vaccines?

However, your comparison is just dead wrong.
If annual flu vaccination rates were comparable to measles vaccination rates, what would flu season look like then?

My comparison isn't wrong. It seems like your take on the flu vaccine is though.

Does the flu vaccine reduce mortality in influenza infected patients?

Again, a whole lot wrong here.

First, Influenza is not a notifiable disease in adults (including elderly). It is notifiable in children. So, exact mortality (which I question if you understand mortality/morbidity) cannot be determined, so the answer to your question is 'unknown."

Second, you have to presume that the death certificates list, correctly, influenza as the cause of death, which is frequently incorrect.

Third, Influenza vaccine is not a sterilant vaccine, so you can presume that it is likely to reduce mortality rates, but, as stated early, cannot be proven. (edit note to clarify: A sterilant vaccine prevents the virus from causing disease, eliminating potential for spread, use Rabies vaccination as an example. Influenza is not a sterilant vaccine, so the presumption is that it reduces the severity of disease while also reducing spread.

Try again.

You would be better served stating that more people are infected with influenza each year within the United States than Measles, Mumps, or Rubella. You stated that Measles has not been eradicated. There have only been a couple diseases that have been eradicated, Smallpox and Rinderpest. That said, Measles was effectively eradicated from the United States until breaches in barrier immunity occurred. Thank you Andrew f-ing Wakefield.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alpha Poke
If annual flu vaccination rates were comparable to measles vaccination rates, what would flu season look like then?

My comparison isn't wrong. It seems like your take on the flu vaccine is though.

Yea....no. Influenza has variable efficacy. It can undergo antigenic variability which causes that change in efficacy. I get the vaccine. My daughter gets the vaccine. Yes, you are picking a bad comparison.

Put it this way, you are comparing a disease that has high variability against viruses that do not mutate with regular frequency. I understand the flu vaccine quite well, thank you.

Yea....no. Influenza has variable efficacy. It can undergo antigenic variability which causes that change in efficacy. I get the vaccine. My daughter gets the vaccine. Yes, you are picking a bad comparison.

Put it this way, you are comparing a disease that has high variability against viruses that do not mutate with regular frequency. I understand the flu vaccine quite well, thank you.
My point isn't to compare virus variability. It also isn't to state that flu vaccines will ever eradicate the flu. But thanks for letting me know.

I'm sure by the quality of your posts that you know that flu vaccination rates are pretty poor. I'm also sure that you know that the flu vaccine is relatively new in comparison to the measles vaccine. I'm also positive that you're aware that a first of its kind study was published in 2017 in Pediatrics showing that the risk of death from influenza related complications was reduced by roughly 50% in at risk children and and 65% in healthy children. The fact that influenza related death isn't yet reportable in the elderly is terrible. Hopefully that changes soon.

I'm not an anti vaccination person but I do believe in personal choice, vaccination included. I agree that people that don't vaccinate their kids are idiots, but I don't make their choices for them. If I'm taking away the ability of choice from a population, I'm taking away smoking and alcohol well before I take away vaccination choice. There's enough smart people in the country that vaccinate their kids.

My point isn't to compare virus variability. It also isn't to state that flu vaccines will ever eradicate the flu. But thanks for letting me know.

I'm sure by the quality of your posts that you know that flu vaccination rates are pretty poor. I'm also sure that you know that the flu vaccine is relatively new in comparison to the measles vaccine. I'm also positive that you're aware that a first of its kind study was published in 2017 in Pediatrics showing that the risk of death from influenza related complications was reduced by roughly 50% in at risk children and and 65% in healthy children. The fact that influenza related death isn't yet reportable in the elderly is terrible. Hopefully that changes soon.

I'm not an anti vaccination person but I do believe in personal choice, vaccination included. I agree that people that don't vaccinate their kids are idiots, but I don't make their choices for them. If I'm taking away the ability of choice from a population, I'm taking away smoking and alcohol well before I take away vaccination choice. There's enough smart people in the country that vaccinate their kids.
Can a 2 year old make the choice?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT