ADVERTISEMENT

Snyder to PSURTC

Air_Thurman

MegaPoke is insane
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2003
Shocking on a lot of levels. It all turned out amazing for us but I wonder if Kirk might not have switched to Ohio State if he knew that would happen.

I’m sure it would have played a role. I get the move for Snyder from a training partners standpoint but it’s a blow to OHST RTC and just further strengthens the program in Happy Valley.

We need regulations and a system where every is playing by the same rules soon. That would help the growth of RTC’s all over which in turn would give more athletes opportunities and help USA wrestling.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
The Ohio State RTC has definitely taken some big hits since Rosseli left.

or we could raise money and 1. Keep out guys here 2. Hire guys away from other programs

Sure but it’s pretty clear John is not willing to work in that grey area that is a clear violation of the NCAA in order to do so.

He and many others are pushing for reform. If and when that happens we will jump in head first to whatever comes from that.

Reactions: CowboyTanker
At the risk of kicking the dead horse here, it's neither a violation nor a grey area to pay post grad athletes. That's what Ringer, Eddie Klimara & Derek White are. And it's what the local sports clubs currently under consideration do as well.

The illegal part is (1) paying the guys that are still in college and (2) promising recruits post grad compensation.

There is nothing preventing us from raising $ (like virtually every other D1 program is doing) to fund additional post grad athletes.

At the risk of kicking the dead horse here, it's neither a violation nor a grey area to pay post grad athletes. That's what Ringer, Eddie Klimara & Derek White are. And it's what the local sports clubs currently under consideration do as well.

The illegal part is (1) paying the guys that are still in college and (2) promising recruits post grad compensation.

There is nothing preventing us from raising $ (like virtually every other D1 program is doing) to fund additional post grad athletes.

this is what im talking about... Im not suggesting after graduation promises for recruits.. I'd like to fill the wrestling club staff with guys that can help our guys get better.. I am not, nor will I ever be a man that suggests cheating to get ahead

additionally, I realize that Snyder has the potential to help penn state.. personally, I dont think its going to have the results that he thinks it will.. I think AJ has the potential to be a game changer for us as he is an athletic and talented grappler that seems obsessed with getting better AND he seems like he has some deep potential.. It mystifies me how obsessed some guys get for success to the point they are willing to cut the throat of the people that helped get them where they are..

Reactions: osu2082
The rumors are that Kyle had been living in Pittsburgh, so he could be halfway between Columbus to train (about 2.5 hours) and where his wife is in Med School. This puts him much closer to his wife full time and allows him to challenge himself in different ways with different sets of eyes guiding his training.

He Spain in an interview on Flo that his wife has not started med school yet. He made the move to improve his wrestling.

There's a post on the Ohio State board indicating the NLWC is going to pay Snyder $140K/yr - supposedly double what David Taylor is being paid. That's separate from endorsements, camps, public appearances, etc. FWIW, that poster has had some good info in the past.

That's not to say $ was the driving factor, but PSU was probably the only RTC that could afford him.

There's a post on the Ohio State board indicating the NLWC is going to pay Snyder $140K/yr - supposedly double what David Taylor is being paid. That's separate from endorsements, camps, public appearances, etc. FWIW, that poster has had some good info in the past.

That's not to say $ was the driving factor, but PSU was probably the only RTC that could afford him.
Yeah, but... You say he has had good info in the past? We will see. If that is the case, may see an uprising at NLWC. Which would be fine.

Yeah, but... You say he has had good info in the past? We will see. If that is the case, may see an uprising at NLWC. Which would be fine.

He's the guy that called Kharchla to tOSU first, even beat Bob Preusse to it. Doesn't mean he's right about this though.

I wouldn't worry about Taylor, I'm sure he gets taken care of somehow. The NLWC has $5M in the bank and a very "creative" guy in Cael.

I was talking more about Snyder. He had his greatest success under Rosselli but the OKRTC wasn't even mentioned as a possibility. Probably because the don't have the $ for him (and to bring in training partners like Taha Akgul).

Reactions: tim73034
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT