ADVERTISEMENT

Sha'Carri Richardson suspension

SUPERPOKES

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW
If you haven’t heard, the track star from Dallas who was the favorite in the women’s 100 meter at the upcoming Olympics was suspended after testing positive for mary jane. She said she turned to marijuana to ease the pain of losing her momma. Poor little thing. Of course, she was so close to her mom that she didn’t even know her mom died until a reporter brought it up. Richardson was raised by her grandma. Amazing how she is implying that she never used MJ until her mom died.

By the way, everyone from Michael Johnson and Patrick Mahomes to that beloved Congresswoman from NY, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, are coming out and defending her. Of course you know that systemic racism is behind this suspension.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
If you haven’t heard, the track star from Dallas who was the favorite in the women’s 100 meter at the upcoming Olympics was suspended after testing positive for mary jane. She said she turned to marijuana to ease the pain of losing her momma. Poor little thing. Of course, she was so close to her mom that she didn’t even know her mom died until a reporter brought it up. Richardson was raised by her grandma. Amazing how she is implying that she never used MJ until her mom died.

By the way, everyone from Michael Johnson and Patrick Mahomes to that beloved Congresswoman from NY, Alexandria Ocasio Cortez, are coming out and defending her. Of course you know that systemic racism is behind this suspension.
She should have had a half dozen Mojitos, like a grown up that has any remote chance of a 10 panel being popped on them.
I did that for 30 years before the shackles of forbiddance were removed.

Last edited:
It’s the equivalency of banning someone for having alcohol in their system.
Perhaps, but regardless, if the rules of the competition ban it, stay the hell off of it until the competition is over. She’s missing out on the “Super Bowl” of her sport because she just absolutely had to get high. SMH.

There are two groups of people in this country. This is as basic as I can make it. People who think you are responsible for your actions and those who don’t. Oddly, one aligns with children and eventually enough people grow out of it to keep things going, but I think we are to the point where less people are growing out of that childish mindset in a post modern world.

I think the MJ ban is stupid because it is in no way a performance enhancing drug. But she knew the rules so it is what it is.

Easy, done go on with your day. But no, Leftists do not think these people can control themselves. Too weak and impulsive to have standards. It’s so obvious that leftists basically hold the same views about people of color as Christopher Columbus if you read his writings.

Perhaps, but regardless, if the rules of the competition ban it, stay the hell off of it until the competition is over. She’s missing out on the “Super Bowl” of her sport because she just absolutely had to get high. SMH.
You’d make a fine Redcoat.

No doubt you think that’s clever, but it’s not. 🙄
I don’t know, it’s pretty clever! Think of it like this: how many lives have been altered forever - and for the worse, in some cases much worse - because of world governments’ pandemic reactions and “fixes?” Now multiply that number by a zillion and you begin to approach the number of lives that have been ruined because of MJ “rules?” I would think the Olympic rule makers would publicly say their rule is a mistake and they withdraw it and allow the young lady to compete. That will never happen, of course, , because the Olympic rule makers have an ingrained “redcoat” attitude.

No doubt you think that’s clever, but it’s not. 🙄. If you’re going to compete in a sport, obey the rules. I don’t see why that’s so hard for well-adjusted adults to understand. (My apologies if you’re not a well -adjusted adult)
Just pay the tea tax. And we’ll adjusted adults should get to choose to put whatever the hell they want in their bodies. (If it’s not creating a sporting advantage of course)

Just pay the tea tax. And we’ll adjusted adults should get to choose to put whatever the hell they want in their bodies. (If it’s not creating a sporting advantage of course)
But that’s not what the rule says. Imagine in football: Cmon ref!!! His foot was only a quarter inch on the sideline. It didn’t produce any real competitive advantage. Just give him the completion.

BTW, did USA Track and Field have NO say in enacting the rules? (Hint:they did). Your Boston Tea Party analogy is just flat out dumb.

But that’s not what the rule says. Imagine in football: Cmon ref!!! His foot was only a quarter inch on the sideline. It didn’t produce any real competitive advantage. Just give him the completion.

BTW, did USA Track and Field have NO say in enacting the rules? (Hint:they did). Your Boston Tea Party analogy is just flat out dumb.
The rule said pay your tea tax boot licker.

This is exactly what happened. The agency that was chosen to determine which of those drugs gives a sporting advantage included thc as such a chemical.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
The rule said pay your tea tax boot licker.
So then I guess we can expect the entire USA Olympic team to dump their shoes, uniforms, equipment, etc. into Boston Harbor and boycott the olympics over this tyranny against potheads, right? Please hold your breath waiting for that to happen. I’d get a chuckle watching you pass out.

I don’t know, it’s pretty clever! Think of it like this: how many lives have been altered forever - and for the worse, in some cases much worse - because of world governments’ pandemic reactions and “fixes?” Now multiply that number by a zillion and you begin to approach the number of lives that have been ruined because of MJ “rules?” I would think the Olympic rule makers would publicly say their rule is a mistake and they withdraw it and allow the young lady to compete. That will never happen, of course, , because the Olympic rule makers have an ingrained “redcoat” attitude.
You couldn’t be more wrong. Banning weed from a sport is hardly oppressive in the manner that closing businesses and shutting people in their homes via fiat is. Especially given that any given sport by its very nature involves certain sacrifices.

Reactions: iasooner2000
So then I guess we can expect the entire USA Olympic team to dump their shoes, uniforms, equipment, etc. into Boston Harbor and boycott the olympics over this tyranny against potheads, right? Please hold your breath waiting for that to happen. I’d get a chuckle watching you pass out.
If they had a pair, yes.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Banning weed from a sport is hardly oppressive in the manner that closing businesses and shutting people in their homes via fiat is. Especially given that any given sport by its very nature involves certain sacrifices.
Your defense is literally “it’s not AS stupid”, boot licker speak.

Wear a mask then asshole, it’s no big deal.
Apparently you don’t understand the difference between a government of a free society, which serves at the pleasure of the governed, and the governing body of a sport in which athletes VOLUNTARILY participate. If smoking weed is that important to you, don’t aspire to be an Olympian. While the government has no business telling me to wear a mask, Publix, Target, Walmart, etc. have every right to require me to wear a mask to enter their stores, in which case I’ll shop elsewhere.

And at the end of the day, it just sounds like the Olympics doesn’t want its events to become polluted by a bunch of human debris potheads. A perfectly valid reason, in my and most decent people’s opinions. (BTW, I do enjoy a little weed when I travel to 420 friendly states, but I hardly feel oppressed when I leave those states)

Reactions: iasooner2000
LOL, what exactly was the advantage? Munchies?

I don't know. Ability to relax easier and thus recover/heal faster? I don't proclaim to be a doctor or scientist, but those who do and work for the Anti-Doping Agency believe that THC is a performance enhancing drug, and they are the ones who were explicity tasked to create the list of drugs that would create a sporting advantage that your statement implied should be banned: "(If it’s not creating a sporting advantage of course)".

So I'm struggling to understand what you're complaining about. The system worked EXACTLY as it was setup to do. Unfortunately, a liberal got caught up in those rules so now those rules are "racist" and unfair.

Apparently you don’t understand the difference between a government of a free society, which serves at the pleasure of the governed, and the governing body of a sport in which athletes VOLUNTARILY participate. If smoking weed is that important to you, don’t aspire to be an Olympian. While the government has no business telling me to wear a mask, Publix, Target, Walmart, etc. have every right to require me to wear a mask to enter their stores, in which case I’ll shop elsewhere.

And at the end of the day, it just sounds like the Olympics doesn’t want its events to become polluted by a bunch of human debris potheads. A perfectly valid reason, in my and most decent people’s opinions. (BTW, I do enjoy a little weed when I travel to 420 friendly states, but I hardly feel oppressed when I leave those states)
Ok boomer.
I don't know. Ability to relax easier and thus recover/heal faster? I don't proclaim to be a doctor or scientist, but those who do and work for the Anti-Doping Agency believe that THC is a performance enhancing drug, and they are the ones who were explicity tasked to create the list of drugs that would create a sporting advantage that your statement implied should be banned: "(If it’s not creating a sporting advantage of course)".

So I'm struggling to understand what you're complaining about. The system worked EXACTLY as it was setup to do. Unfortunately, a liberal got caught up in those rules so now those rules are "racist" and unfair.
The same “science” we’re following with covid? Not buying it.

Does that make Walmart’s, Target’s, or Publix’s decision any less stupid?

My argument may be weak but I don’t think the intent of what I am trying to say is necessarily wrong. The distinction is not a comparison between a governmental law and a rule instituted by a sporting organization. My argument is not about government vs private enterprise. It is about the damage caused by edicts from an overseer.

Only a few years ago mere possession of a tiny amount of weed could get a rule (law) breaker a prison sentence doing hard time. Now we know those laws were arcane and needlessly tyrannical, they ruined the lives of countless victims of those rules (laws), and the laws have been withdrawn to the point possession is legal
in many states. But of course those governments that instituted the ill gotten laws will never admit they were in error or apologize to those whose lives they ruined. Their “redcoat” mentality insists the rule breakers should have obeyed, by disobeying they deserved the punishment they received. I think they would have a little more moral standing if they admitted they were wrong and apologize to those they victimized.

I think the same thing will eventually happen with the Olympic rule makers. They will quietly abandon the mj rule and go on about their business, blithely uncaring that their law was wrong and caused suffering.

The young woman should have followed the rules. She obviously is not the brightest bulb in the socket. And if it’s true she is claiming racism then more shame on her. But I wish the rule makers would show they are the adults in the room, discontinue the rule and let her back in the competition.

The same “science” we’re following with covid? Not buying it.

Its ironic, isn't it. When the CDC makes absurd rulings (such as wearing masks) and we're told to "follow the science" even when it defies common sense. But a lib gets caught in rules made by a similar bureaucratic org, and suddenly we should ignore those bureaucrats and apply common sense.

Its ironic, isn't it. When the CDC makes absurd rulings (such as wearing masks) and we're told to "follow the science" even when it defies common sense. But a lib gets caught in rules made by a similar bureaucratic org, and suddenly we should ignore those bureaucrats and apply common sense.
You forgot it defies common sense AND science.

Weed rules are stupid. having said that, would she choose to go get knocked up before the Olympics? My guess is no so don’t be a dumbass with weed either and have a little self restraint.

Or not beholden to archaic laws.
If she was trying to make a statement regarding these archaic laws or had some other legitimate reason, she has my support. If not, it was idiotic on her part and I have no sympathy even though the rules are a joke. I don’t know which bucket she really falls in.

If she was trying to make a statement regarding these archaic laws or had some other legitimate reason, she has my support. If not, it was idiotic on her part and I have no sympathy even though the rules are a joke. I don’t know which bucket she really falls in.
She owned it. People be mad at calling out the stupidity.

• Haha
I guess my point is, if I had a shot at merely competing in the Olympics, much less a shot at winning a gold medal, I sure as hell wouldn’t jeopardize that for a recreational drug, and anyone who does is a fvcking idiot, who deserves no sympathy.
I was with you all the way until “she deserves no sympathy.” I feel very badly for her that she could be so stupid. It’s almost as if it was driven by a subconscious fear of failure at the Olympics. This will be a scar she’ll have to carry the rest of her life. I have sympathy for her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT