ADVERTISEMENT

Sha'Carri Richardson suspension

I was with you all the way until “she deserves no sympathy.” I feel very badly for her that she could be so stupid. It’s almost as if it was driven by a subconscious fear of failure at the Olympics. This will be a scar she’ll have to carry the rest of her life. I have sympathy for her.
Regardless, she made her own bed. Just like the OU football players who were suspended year before last. With all the lifting, running, push-ups, burpees, time spent in film room, time spent in study hall, etc. etc. could you not sacrifice the weed for just 4-5 freakin’ months?

She owned it. People be mad at calling out the stupidity.
The IOC says MJ is a performance enhancing drug and has it banned for competition use. There's no way someone working towards the Olympics doesn't know that.
Is it a performance enhancer? Dunno. I suppose it would help with pain management and allow someone to press through a painful situation.

Reactions: okcpokefan12
Regardless, she made her own bed. Just like the OU football players who were suspended year before last. With all the lifting, running, push-ups, burpees, time spent in film room, time spent in study hall, etc. etc. could you not sacrifice the weed for just 4-5 freakin’ months?
Obviously she couldn’t. Pretty stupid of her if you ask me.

She said she only did it to overcome the pain of losing her mom. You know, the mom that she was so close to that she didn’t even know that she dies until a reporter informed her.

Last edited:
The IOC says MJ is a performance enhancing drug and has it banned for competition use. There's no way someone working towards the Olympics doesn't know that.
Is it a performance enhancer? Dunno. I suppose it would help with pain management and allow someone to press through a painful situation.
Still a stupid rule…period.

Why? Simply because you contend that MJ isn't a performance enhancing drug? In Oklahoma it is considered medicine. So it must have positive effects on the body.
Find me one study stating it enhances athletic performance, or one study that states Pepto is a performance enhancing drug because it’s “medicine”.

Find me one study stating it enhances athletic performance, or one study that states Pepto is a performance enhancing drug because it’s “medicine”.
I'll go straight to the source.

For something to be added to the WADA Prohibited List, it must meet two of the three inclusion criteria: a) it poses a health risk to athletes b) it has the potential to enhance performance and c) it violates the spirit of sport.

In 2011, WADA published a paper in Sports Medicine discussing the reasons marijuana and cannabinoids meet the criteria. Below are excerpts from this publication that address the three criteria:

1. “Athletes who smoke cannabis or Spice in-competition potentially endanger themselves and others because of increased risk taking, slower reaction times and poor executive function or decision making.”
  2. “Based on current animal and human studies as well as on interviews with athletes and information from the field, cannabis can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sports disciplines.”
  3. “Use of illicit drugs that are harmful to health and that may have performance-enhancing properties is not consistent with the athlete as a role model for young people around the world”.
In 2019, WADA exempted cannabidiol (CBD) from this category. However, all other cannabinoids, whether natural or synthetic, are prohibited in-competition. Even though CBD is permitted at all times, this article explains the legal and anti-doping issues that continue to make these products risky for athletes.

I'll go straight to the source.

For something to be added to the WADA Prohibited List, it must meet two of the three inclusion criteria: a) it poses a health risk to athletes b) it has the potential to enhance performance and c) it violates the spirit of sport.

In 2011, WADA published a paper in Sports Medicine discussing the reasons marijuana and cannabinoids meet the criteria. Below are excerpts from this publication that address the three criteria:

1. “Athletes who smoke cannabis or Spice in-competition potentially endanger themselves and others because of increased risk taking, slower reaction times and poor executive function or decision making.”
  2. “Based on current animal and human studies as well as on interviews with athletes and information from the field, cannabis can be performance enhancing for some athletes and sports disciplines.”
  3. “Use of illicit drugs that are harmful to health and that may have performance-enhancing properties is not consistent with the athlete as a role model for young people around the world”.
In 2019, WADA exempted cannabidiol (CBD) from this category. However, all other cannabinoids, whether natural or synthetic, are prohibited in-competition. Even though CBD is permitted at all times, this article explains the legal and anti-doping issues that continue to make these products risky for athletes.
These talk about risk and show no study of enhancement other than “talking to some athletes”. It’s just more boomer nonsense.

These talk about risk and show no study of enhancement other than “talking to some athletes”. It’s just more boomer nonsense.
Based on current animal and human studies...

I don't know what studies they are citing. But apparently they exist.

You know Ol George was a toker right?
Hemp.

Besides, it was legal then.

Don't like the law? Get it changed.

Of course the IOC and USOC are self governing bodies, so if you want to compete in their organizations, you have to abide by their laws.

Hemp.

Besides, it was legal then.

Don't like the law? Get it changed.

Of course the IOC and USOC are self governing bodies, so if you want to compete in their organizations, you have to abide by their laws.
Yeah, rule is still stupid.

They don’t need a study. Their event, their rules. Take it or leave it. FWIW, I’m personally “leaving it”. Sports just aren’t important enough to me to watch anymore. I’d rather spend time trimming ground covering with a pressure washer.

Reactions: iasooner2000
They don’t need a study. Their event, their rules. Take it or leave it. FWIW, I’m personally “leaving it”. Spirts just aren’t important enough to me to watch anymore. I’d rather spend time trimming ground covering with a pressure washer.
Still stupid.

The Duponts are a fun rabbit hole because they lead to the Payseurs which own everything.

But weed was Hurst not wanting to change over to hemp pulp for his papers.
DuPont owned the cotton as well and didn’t want to complete with hemp. Perfect bed fellows.

As a side, the Hurst Castle is a must visit.

There are two groups of people in this country. This is as basic as I can make it. People who think you are responsible for your actions and those who don’t. Oddly, one aligns with children and eventually enough people grow out of it to keep things going, but I think we are to the point where less people are growing out of that childish mindset in a post modern world.

So you. Cluck about accountability for her, but not for the leadership that imposed this gratuitous demand for conformity. Their job isn't to be anti-cannabis evangelists, their job is to bring home gold.

In America, on this 4th of effin' July, in this conversation, there are 2 kinds of people: 1) the fastest, and 2) everyone else.

I am also inclined to err on the side of personal freedom. She isn't the smartest person and has already damaged her marketability. But we're supposed to send our fastest, not our smartest.

The rulemakers should answer why we are not sending our fastest. This is a failure of leadership, imo. This isn't the 1950's. You know what OSU's athletic history looks like if you cancelled every win from an athlete that got high?

Authoritarianism trumping meritocracy is how you get that ass kicked. This is how an old world, authoritarian, protect-the-top, culture of incompetence develops. For every platitude about following rules, I offer one about liberty and merit and talent and winning. The rulemakers should explain this and probably resign uness there's a heluva explanation. If she's out then whoever legislated this mess is damned sure out. THAT is the real scandal, to me. Leadership should show cause for setting this shit up.

So you. Cluck about accountability for her, but not for the leadership that imposed this gratuitous demand for conformity. Their job isn't to be anti-cannabis evangelists, their job is to bring home gold.

In America, on this 4th of effin' July, in this conversation, there are 2 kinds of people: 1) the fastest, and 2) everyone else.

I am also inclined to err on the side of personal freedom. She isn't the smartest person and has already damaged her marketability. But we're supposed to send our fastest, not our smartest.

The rulemakers should answer why we are not sending our fastest. This is a failure of leadership, imo. This isn't the 1950's. You know what OSU's athletic history looks like if you cancelled every win from an athlete that got high?

Authoritarianism trumping meritocracy is how you get that ass kicked. This is how an old world, authoritarian, protect-the-top, culture of incompetence develops. For every platitude about following rules, I offer one about liberty and merit and talent and winning. The rulemakers should explain this and probably resign uness there's a heluva explanation. If she's out then whoever legislated this mess is damned sure out. THAT is the real scandal, to me. Leadership should show cause for setting this shit up.

Yes, if there’s an opportunity to cancel someone, get your scalp then by all means let’s get a lynch mob because rules are too hard for this lady. Like I said, what you just wrote about her is exactly what Columbus wrote about people of color.

Last edited:
And strangely enough, they have to abide by the rules. Maybe you dimwitted mouth breathers should have been screeching holy hell BEFORE she popped positive. That would have provided some credibility to this dipshittery.

There are two groups of people in this country. This is as basic as I can make it. People who think you are responsible for your actions and those who don’t. Oddly, one aligns with children and eventually enough people grow out of it to keep things going, but I think we are to the point where less people are growing out of that childish mindset in a post modern world.
Now do Alan Weiselberg.

“Authoritarianism trumping meritocracy is how you get that ass kicked. This is how an old world, authoritarian, protect-the-top, culture of incompetence develops. For every platitude about following rules, I offer one about liberty and merit and talent and winning. The rulemakers should explain this and probably resign uness there's a heluva explanation. If she's out then whoever legislated this mess is damned sure out. THAT is the real scandal, to me. Leadership should show cause for setting this shit up.”

Does he realize he’s agreeing with HSH?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT