ADVERTISEMENT

Session 2

Look on the bright side. If we only lose one match per championship round we should win this easily.

Now I'm a little scared that we had Coach Smith give a pep talk to the basketball team.

Austin getting worked over. 6-0 after 1 and about 2:30 minutes of riding time.

3 stalling calls, not good. The other guy is just bigger, Austin had him early on the shot but couldn't finish against the bigger guy.

Simply isn't strong enough. Oh well maybe next year we can just pull up another undersized kid to wrestle at HWT for us.

That's what you get when you have a HWT that was 197 last year. Can't compete with the 260-285 lb guys. They get you down and just lay on you and you can't do anything.

Our seniors have really messed up so far at Nationals. We have 0 upsets and been upset 3 times. I don't consider Rogers win an upset. I hope tomorrow is better, but I think too many of our wrestlers are wrestling poorly to stick with Penn. St.

Southern… Sometimes you are just an ass… And I have a few friends that are just like you that I love very much… Maybe we can meet at extreme camp! … By the way… Who would you replace in place of Smith?

Southern, you can put smith on notice all you want. Who are you going to get that is better? Also, Oklahoma doesn't have a lot of high end wrestlers to recruit in state so we use up quite a bit of money out of state. Pennsylvania is the hotbed of wrestling right now and they can recruit in state kids cheaper. Put the Oklahoma high school coaches on notice if you need to put someone on notice.

Did Boyd looked gassed to anyone else...basically from the opening whistle.

I really don't know what to think right now.

We have multiple wrestlers, year after year that lose early, that have no business losing early.

Exactly.
Southern… Sometimes you are just an ass… And I have a few friends that are just like you that I love very much… Maybe we can meet at extreme camp! … By the way… Who would you replace in place of Smith?
Hey Skinny Pig......maybe he is comfortable. It has been over 10 years since we won a title. I understand there are more wrestlers in PA, but our guys underperform year after year. 2 seeds losing to 15 seeds. 22-1 wrestler destroyed by a guy who was 17-14. I love John and I'm not ready to replace him (agree there is no one to replace him with), but we need to do a better job.....period.

He was on the hot seat once before and then ran off four straight. Guys just don't show up at Nationals for some reason. Not being as strong on the HS front in OK does have an impact but that's a cop out really. The cost of instate tuition at PSU is 36K, cost of out of state tuition at OSU is 32K so our scholarship money goes further. I still hate that all they allow is 9.9 ships per school. It would help to have more instate talent (especially at the higher weights) but we just arent ready to wrestle in March. I feel like J. Smith supporters are like Jerry Jones always say "you like those three Super Bowls?" yeah but they were so long ago no one really cares anymore.

Not advocating replacing John, but the list of high caliber coaches that would crawl across a mile of broken glass for this job is long and distinguished.

To think otherwise is simple insanity.

Just disappointing.....PSU wrestlers are out for blood. They EXPECT to destroy. We HOPE to win. Just seems to be a totally different attitude at PSU. Much like Gable when he was at Iowa.

Southern, I actually agree with that. We just hope to win instead of mentally destroying the opponent.

Exactly.

Hey Skinny Pig......maybe he is comfortable. It has been over 10 years since we won a title. I understand there are more wrestlers in PA, but our guys underperform year after year. 2 seeds losing to 15 seeds. 22-1 wrestler destroyed by a guy who was 17-14. I love John and I'm not ready to replace him (agree there is no one to replace him with), but we need to do a better job.....period.
Who's going to replace him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT