ADVERTISEMENT

Scuffle Brackets

The guy who schafer went against is a really good wrestler. He just like schaferbut a little bigger an maybe more athletic.

Lizak is the real deal...not surprised he beat picc but did not expect that. I can't help myself looking towards March and we really gonna need him then. I think he can AA but that's gonna be a tough call. Still think he is wrestling well but can't really figure him out.

197 Weigel wins dec. Scott 4-0
197 White wins dec. Mattiace 3-1
They will wrestle each other for 3rd

It is very weird, in that we are dominating a tournament and I feel our chances to be National Champions slipping away. It could be watching Hall wrestle and knowing they could take him out of redshirt and Penn.St. would jump way ahead of us. Also could be watching the quarterfinals and semifinals and see so many of our wrestlers instead of dominating or even thinking about dominating they are thinking of holding on and getting boo"d out of the arena. It is still early but we will need to jump levels to beat Penn. St. this year. For next year I don't think we will be in the ball park and we should red shirt Smith and he will likely have to move to 65. We must hope that Sheets, Moore and Anderson really develop in the room. I've questioned that happening but they are young. They have wrestled so little I don't have a clue how they are developing? I hope we come out and wrestle in the finals especially Crutchmer. Those that think that we are doing fine I think are off base if they want to get 35. I really disliked Piccinini's matches today, Heil's match, and Crutchmers match today.

I just don't see the panic. Some guys have had I grind out wins and when you look across the country each year I am glad we are winning those.

PSU is the bully in the room currently in college wreslting and will be very tough when Hall comes out of RS but I still see us with a great shot at 10 AA's with a chance for 3-4 finalists. That would at the least makes things very interesting.

Work to be done for sure but we have already broken the team scoring record at the Scuffle by putting all 10 in the semis and 7 in the finals.

Last edited:
It is very weird, in that we are dominating a tournament and I feel our chances to be National Champions slipping away. It could be watching Hall wrestle and knowing they could take him out of redshirt and Penn.St. would jump way ahead of us. Also could be watching the quarterfinals and semifinals and see so many of our wrestlers instead of dominating or even thinking about dominating they are thinking of holding on and getting boo"d out of the arena. It is still early but we will need to jump levels to beat Penn. St. this year. For next year I don't think we will be in the ball park and we should red shirt Smith and he will likely have to move to 65. We must hope that Sheets, Moore and Anderson really develop in the room. I've questioned that happening but they are young. They have wrestled so little I don't have a clue how they are developing? I hope we come out and wrestle in the finals especially Crutchmer. Those that think that we are doing fine I think are off base if they want to get 35. I really disliked Piccinini's matches today, Heil's match, and Crutchmers match today.

i respect your opinion but don't know that much has happened that hasn't been expected

pic needs to get better

heil is heil i think we all wish he dominated like ringer but he's a tight control freak of a wrestler who just wins

crutch is gonna have to get a good draw and on a roll at national

Those are my thoughts almost exactly. Not meaning to put any wrestler down by no means. Just as a fan and wanting a title this is just my opinion. I feel like we are soooo close just 1-2 weight classes away. Of course, a lot of programs would love to have this issue.

i respect your opinion but don't know that much has happened that hasn't been expected

pic needs to get better

heil is heil i think we all wish he dominated like ringer but he's a tight control freak of a wrestler who just wins

crutch is gonna have to get a good draw and on a roll at national
Don't know if it's necessarily nick needing to get better per say. In his 3 losses 2 of them have come to guys who could scramble where he was the aggressor. I think that's something he needs to work on. Regarding the Russell loss, on top of just coming off a loss I think Russell might've already been in his head. He's never beaten Russell in HS and now that's continued to college.

Reactions: osu2082
I'm going to ask, again, how psu can afford all these out of state kids. I hope someday NCAA will care enough to go look.

We better peak in march ... we aren't wrestling like the best team in the country right now.

Is the white Weigel bout a ranking match?

IMO we are just fine. We look terribly out of shape but that can improve as the season goes along, turning 3-2 dec to 8-3 or better. It would be a lot worse being out of shape and still not finding ways to win. If we peak at the right time in March, with the talent we have we will be a force to reckon with.
Schedule-wise we have started out with a lot tougher schedule than most. This can help us develop in tougher situations.

Reactions: osu2082
Russell beat him twice at S32. I think the style match up is bad for picc. Russell is great in the front head. But to be an AA you gotta beat guys like him. It's not march yet so there is still time.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Again I don't see where much concern is coming from at this stage. Going into the season the big question was did we even have a HWT on campus who could qualify for nationals and so far Schafer has exceed that and looks like a strong AA candadite.

The other question marks were at 125, 165 and 197 and if they could develop into serious AA candadites and nothin they have done so far has precluded them from that goal.

If you are frustrated at Heil and Crurch I would just say you haven't followed those two guys through their career. They are defensive, strong wrestlers who are in a bunch of close matches. Good think for us is they win a bunch of them and in Heils case all of them.

Brock, Collica and Boyd have all been very good. It's hard to judge Smith right now as he is not far removed from being out with injury.

125 Picc loses dec. Townsell 4-3
Kid had a great double leg that Picc didn't figure out til it was too late

Kaid Brock vs. Scott Parker for 1st
Brock takedown 2-0
Parker escape 2-1
Brock takedown 4-1
49 sec riding
End of 1st

3rd Period
Brock chose down
Parker 2 near fall 4-4
Parker injury time
Brock wins by Injury def

It was a very quick 2 count that they would have looked at prior to Brock hitting a reversal on which the kid was injured on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT