ADVERTISEMENT

Saul w/spoilers

ctdub

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2003
Wow. Episode 2 tonight was great. So intense yet hilarious with Tuco and the leg breaks. Love all the little montages they do. Brings me back to bb. Can't wait until next week.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not really huge spoiler, but it seemed like no one wanted to talk about what actually happened in other thread.

Yep
Loved seeng Tuco in the first episode. Didn't want to spoil it for anyone. Episode 2 was great!

Loved the throw back in episode 1 to Saul working in a Cinnabon. Last thing he said in BB was he would probably be managing a Cinnabon in Omaha if he was lucky.

Loved episode 2 as well. I was a bit afraid after episode one that it would take 4 or 5 episodes to get into it like BB.

BTW, I was trying to remember, did Saul introduce WW to Gustavo?

I think Mike and Saul were both working for Gus before Walt and Jesse entered the picture.

Originally posted by Been Jammin:
I think Mike and Saul were both working for Gus before Walt and Jesse entered the picture.
I was thinking so, but I couldn't remember if Saul was working with them them prior to WW being involved or if he was introduced to them because of WW.

This show is alreadynso good. They could make tv shows for the next 100 years and I would watch + love all of them

What his Bros deal with no lights and cell usage? Just the craziness talking?

He was using electricity for an iron though wasn't he?

Fred
The iron he was using was not an electr iron. It was the old fashioned kind you heat on a stove or on a fire.
His illness is his paranoia concerning electricity.

Originally posted by nathajw:
Thought last night's episode was pretty predictable. Still good though.

I thought it was (once again) the best episode to date. The ending was predictable. I don't think Mike taking Jimmy's side or the fact that Nacho wasn't really involved were too predictable.

I love that Mike is going to be a decently big part of this show. He was my favorite character on BB.

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:

Another strong episode last night.
Yep. I'm not ready to declare it better than BB, but I think the first season is better so far.

I'm wondering if the brother dies or something and that releases him to "break bad". Seems like he is the only thing keeping him from going back to the scam artist he was ... or sleazy lawyer we saw in bb.

Originally posted by Marshal Jim Duncan:

The dude looking to pay Jimmy with his own legal tender was classic!
You knew it was going to be too good to be true. The look of pride on that guys face when he was bringing over the money was hilarious.

The funny thing is, that scene (own printed currency) is actually based on reality.

A bunch of these "sovereign citizen" types have bonds and notes printed and attempt to purchase items with them all the time. "Sight Drafts" and "Bills of Exchange" are common ones they attempt to deploy, often these notes are printed as if they are from the US Treasury.

If you ever come into contact with any of these "cult" members, beware of any financial dealings with them. Although it differed slightly, I was certain this guy was going to offer Jimmy something other than legit currency.

Thanks for that link Mega.

I gotta be honest, I'm enjoying it, but it's not knocking my socks off by any means.

I keep waiting for something to drop to kick things in gear and wondering how long they're gonna take setting this up.

The half million cash was awesome.

I guess I'll be the dissenter here. While the moments and scenes cited in this thread have been good or even very good, the series as a whole just isn't going anywhere for me. Jimmy isn't as strong a character as Walt, the supporting cast isn't as good, I don't know.

It's not like I won't watch it, it just isn't anywhere in the same realm quality-wise as Breaking Bad. It's bound to be compared to it because of their creators, but it's not panning out to be as good in my view.

I actually think to this point in the series that its quite a bit better than Breaking Bad was at the same point in its series. And I was on here trying to get you guys to watch Breaking Bad 1/2 way through the first season.

I think in some ways it's a lot different than Breaking Bad's later years, and if you came into it kind of expecting that same pitch, you're probably more disappointed.

I was about to post the same. BB was a snoozefest at this point.

I though tonight was the best one so far, at least from a BB fan perspective. You never got the full details of Mike's back story or saw him crack in BB. The actor Jonathan Banks showed some major range. The scene where he set up the dirty cops from the MacGyver lock pick to the shooting was pretty great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT