ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor Has It A Devastating Jobs Report Is Coming Out Wendsday

I-35 is the only Interstate that splits and does it twice. I-35W and I-35E Dallas-Fort Worth and again in Minneapolis-St. Paul. I've never been on the very north end of I-35. The last mile post in Texas going north on I-35 is 504.

There was a I-10 N and S split at Baton Rouge plan talked about but I-12 was born.
Yep. I-12 is actually an “intrastate” — begins, ends, and never leaves Louisiana.

I like to cook. Now, all the new recipes measure in grams. WTF! I don’t cook anymore since I’m not going to spend my time on my phone converting cups to grams. When did we vote on this shit?
Congress is responsible for weights and measures. The people have no vote in the matter.

It takes me a couple weeks to teach second graders the metric system. A liter of water weighs 1000 grams. A liter of water volumn is 1000 milliters. Distance in a liter of water is 1000 cubic centimeters. I'm one of a handful of people in the world who knows the numerically, dysfunctional and idiotic imperial system of measure. I can ask questions till the sun comes up tommorrow about the imperial system no one here can answer. It takes a life time of learning and memorizing.

1. Tell us the difference between the international foot and the US foot.
2. What year did the US Congress mandate the use of the international foot?
I could go on and on and on.

My company was big in export. I once oversaw the Tyson Chicken loading of a Russian cargo ship at Gulfport.

28 semi trucks had mislabeled boxes. 200 semis were scheduled. The USDA guy sent the 28 trucks back to Gadsden, AL to get the labels right. Russia doesn't buy chicken by the pound.

Tyson is big into export. They know how to exort. They made a mistake. If Tyson meaured like the rest of the world, Tyson would not have made this very costly mistake.

I got to listen to angry Russkies talk about stupid Amerikans. The Russkies were homesick and told the USDA guy they would accept the mislabeled boxes. The USDA guy told the Russkies he had to adhere to Federal Law.

6723885ab74a87aa.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT