ADVERTISEMENT

Rotation review

Been Jammin

Jun 27, 2003
Enough games under our belt to revisit discussion of MB's rotation. Donovan Williams is clearly out, which makes it stranger that he was starting early in the season. Kouma also out of the picture, even with Kalib glued to the bench. Woody hasn't gotten much of a chance all season and doesn't look like he will. Chris Harris hasn't played at all. I assume that he is still rehabbing from injury. If so, doesn't look promising for him ever to make a full recovery.

That leaves us with the following:
BW
BT
Ice
AA
RW
MAM
TS
KB
KB (benched for now)
MC

Ten guys (nine without Kalib) is really about the maximum that you can play and expect to have some consistent success. I think we all agree that MB should have pared things down sooner, but he has been slow to do that in the past. In addition, he had 4 experienced transfers that he needed to see in action to get a sense of, and I believe that the post-season ban likely played a part in how he handled things this season.

It will be interesting to see how he handles things for the rest of this season. Here are five questions that I think will be interesting if/when answered.
1). What's the deal with Kalib? What will it take to get him involved and back to being a key contributor?
2). Will BT emerge as something of a savior for this team? I acknowledge that this may be a knee jerk reaction after 1 good game. But, can he step into something of a PG role, shoulder a bigger load, and significantly reduce the silly turnovers that were afflicting this team prior to the BU game?
3). Will Smith continue to get significant minutes if/when Kalib returns (IMO he should get all of MAM's minutes).
4). Can AA return to what we saw of him last season? Right now, he looks like he did as a true freshman. Maybe worse. He's still getting plenty of chances to break out of this slump. If he can, it will significantly improve this team's prospects.
5). Is there a way to get Keylan more minutes? I think he is our best overall player, but increasing his minutes would probably require significantly decreasing Ice's minutes or putting AA on an even shorter leash.

Reactions: CentralPoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News