ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting News?

Not much of this is factual…sorry.

He delivered 2 titles as a competitor, that’s delivering.

He got talented guys to the school, that’s delivering.

He got guys hooked up with the right people to utilize NIL, he wasn’t the FedEx there.

Why would he corner Fix? He didn’t work with him.

Plott wasn’t portal chasing due to Perry, it was lack of appreciation regarding NIL.
I didn’t say anything about him not delivering as an athlete.

As a recruiter he will say or do anything to get a kid to commit. Hence over promising and under delivering. Many of the “talented” guys he got here never panned out.

He has zero to do with NIL.

He did corner Fix for 2 years. Shows how much you know.

Perry’s coaching style frustrated Plott.

These are all facts lol

I didn’t say anything about him not delivering as an athlete. So that delivery is worthless in your eyes, got it.

As a recruiter he will say or do anything to get a kid to commit. Hence over promising and under delivering. Many of the “talented” guys he got here never panned out. I fully believe that getting talent on campus is a huge part of the winning recipe, I also believe you don't know anything about the promises he made, hence you cannot comment on the delivery. *I do agree on development being a weak spot, but that is on the entire staff, not one guy.

He has zero to do with NIL. Wrong again! You truly believe that a guy goes into the living room of a kid and shrugs his shoulders when the NIL discussion comes up? The recruiting staff has plenty to do with NIL and its use.

He did corner Fix for 2 years. Shows how much you know. He cornered Fix some, but my point stands. You don't have a 200 pound guy rolling around with a 135 pound guy honing technique. What is he supposed to talk about while he's in the corner? "Daton, do you remember that time DC was in the room and we worked on that slick slide by? I know you were on the other side of the room, but do you remember what he told me and I told him?" Give me a break dude.

Perry’s coaching style frustrated Plott. I think Plott proved this year that 174 frustrated Plott moreso than Perry's coaching style. *I will say the entire "style" of the entire staff frustrated many of our Wrestlers...but not Perry on his own.

These are all facts lol
I understand you may be upset with him, but they guy doesn't do a bad job and he gave alot of his life to OSU.

I didn’t say anything about him not delivering as an athlete.

As a recruiter he will say or do anything to get a kid to commit. Hence over promising and under delivering. Many of the “talented” guys he got here never panned out.

He has zero to do with NIL.

He did corner Fix for 2 years. Shows how much you know.

Perry’s coaching style frustrated Plott.

These are all facts lol
mood GIF

Reactions: Cowboysforlife
Lockett is extremely smart for getting in all the training that he can with top level talent wherever it may be. I am sure he will be training with the OK State crew also to get ready for the U20 World Championships. This kid is setting himself up for success. He was one of the first to do a video when DT was hired and if I remember correctly, he was 100% onboard and excited about it. He did not have to say anything about the rumors, but he did address it. I think some of you should either go have a drink or not have so many drinks before going into panic mode! haha

Lockett is extremely smart for getting in all the training that he can with top level talent wherever it may be. I am sure he will be training with the OK State crew also to get ready for the U20 World Championships. This kid is setting himself up for success. He was one of the first to do a video when DT was hired and if I remember correctly, he was 100% onboard and excited about it. He did not have to say anything about the rumors, but he did address it. I think some of you should either go have a drink or not have so many drinks before going into panic mode! haha
It should also be of note that DT, upon his arrival, stopped what he was doing and spoke to Dee's father. It appeared to make a great impression.

Probably because I actually know what I’m talking about. I promise I’m not just BSing everyone for fun. I know what has gone on over the past 8 years lol
So jump in there and disparage people?

Even though you are incorrect in your statements of absolute. Correct in part, but not absolute…there’s no reason to talk about it.

Perry is the past, the current and future doesn’t involve him much right now…so just squash it?

Probably because I actually know what I’m talking about. I promise I’m not just BSing everyone for fun. I know what has gone on over the past 8 years lol

So jump in there and disparage people?

Even though you are incorrect in your statements of absolute. Correct in part, but not absolute…there’s no reason to talk about it.

Perry is the past, the current and future doesn’t involve him much right now…so just squash it?
Kermit The Frog Meme GIF by Identity

Tell us more…

Chris Perry has always over promised and under delivered with recruits and incoming guys. In his time being a coach notice how many guys start out their careers with him being their personal coach but almost never ends up that way. Young kids gravitate towards him but as they mature they realize he is all talk. He didn’t corner Fix at all the past 3 seasons & I heard Plott could have been heading to the portal if he was on staff next season.
lol

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Chris Perry has always over promised and under delivered with recruits and incoming guys. In his time being a coach notice how many guys start out their careers with him being their personal coach but almost never ends up that way. Young kids gravitate towards him but as they mature they realize he is all talk. He didn’t corner Fix at all the past 3 seasons & I heard Plott could have been heading to the portal if he was on staff next season.
among the dumbust sh!t ever.

I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................And DT's insane competitiveness which will lead to complete scorched earth at somepoint.

The people of Ames best not look back lest they be turned to salt.

Poor soul... he's just too high strung.

I'm afraid the strain is more than he can bear.
I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................And DT's insane competitiveness which will lead to complete scorched earth at somepoint.

The people of Ames best not look back lest they be turned to salt.
Tombstone mixed in with some biblical references lmao.

How’d JR Nationals go this weekend?
It didn't look like OK was able to put together a real good team this year. By my count, only five on the team have ever won a state championship. Years past had a state champ at about every weight. The first team placed 8th. The bright spots for OK:

106-Cason Craft went 6-1 with his only loss by criteria. He was just a freshman wrestling up an age group
113-Eric Casula (a sophomore at Westmoore) went 5-0
120-Colt Collett went 4-2. Colt is a junior from Checotah with 3 state championships so far. HS record of 110-5. Had a win over Canon Acklin this season.
138-Thomas Verrette went 3-3 but all losses to ranked wrestlers. Just finished sophomore year in Colorado and now in Edmond.

Others results I found interesting:

157-Gus Smith of Arkansas went 3-2
215-Michael Mocco of Florida went 7-1 with lone loss to Cole Mirasola
126-Caio Aron of Texas went 7-0. A rising senior but already committed to Cal Baptist

It didn't look like OK was able to put together a real good team this year. By my count, only five on the team have ever won a state championship. Years past had a state champ at about every weight. The first team placed 8th. The bright spots for OK:

106-Cason Craft went 6-1 with his only loss by criteria. He was just a freshman wrestling up an age group
120-Colt Collett went 4-2. Colt is a junior from Checotah with 3 state championships so far. HS record of 110-5. Had a win over Canon Acklin this season.
138-Thomas Verrette went 3-3 but all losses to ranked wrestlers. Just finished sophomore year in Colorado and now in Edmond.

126-Caio Aron of Texas went 7-0. A rising senior but already committed to Cal Baptist
What was the score of the Mocco and Mirasola match?

"Dee Lockett is an Askren kid"

and i'm the one drinking?
No Willie, I asked "Is Dee Lockett an Askren Kid?" That question mark isn't a statement but a question. Normal people just answer the question and not get high and mighty. Forums are where you give opinions and share information and learn. I was trying to learn. Thanks for laughing about a question. I'm glad you are all knowing. Carry on.

Any great prospects we are taking a hard look at? Thanks for the response.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT