ADVERTISEMENT

HS Recruiting News

My somewhat educated guess, Bo will be at PSU, follow same type of path Taylor followed post collegiate career...train at NLWC for Olympic and Word medals, and create the regions next M2 with his Pops and Uncle who in my opinion does great things with the johnstown youth on the strength and conditioning side of things. A somewhat short shot to tOSU gives them a chance but slight.

I still like Blaze to PSU as well. This is gut feeling more than the not so reliable chatter I hear. As for Jax, I believe if Blaze ends up somewhere other than PSU, he won't be the lock to OSU like everyone says he is.
You think we (OSU) will even have a team in 2 years?

I think we have a chance and if Merrill works out you could still technically get 3 years of starting for mocco since he already will qualify for an Olympic RS I believe since he made the world team this year.

25- Hendrickson
26- Merrill
27- Merrill / RS Mocco
28- Merrill / ORS Mocco
29- Merrill / FR Mocco
30-33 Mocco

hopefully by the time 27 rolls around you have a packed room of great wrestlers getting recruited over or waiting their turn

Willie and Fellers talked about Dee on the lastest show. Fellers pushed it but Willie agreed that Dee was the OW of the U20. Fellers said he’s matured so much in this last year and then he dropped this nugget “He’s matured so much, he has so much composure and he’s hard to rattle…. HE’S GOING TO BE A MOTHERFVCKER!!!!” Love it.

If that trend continues, so will the title route. DT has to start flipping kids and flipping them soon.
I just don’t see it. They are entrenched. All of them have drank the cool aid and just want to get better. They’re not worried about what weight they’ll be at or any log jams. They want to get in the room with each other and get better.

That said, that’ll all wear off before long and they’ll start losing guys. There are just too many of them.

He needs to focus on building a foundation of his own right now with Blaze, Jax, Bo etc and then be ready when some guys start looking.

Just my opinion

I just don’t see it. They are entrenched. All of them have drank the cool aid and just want to get better. They’re not worried about what weight they’ll be at or any log jams. They want to get in the room with each other and get better.

That said, that’ll all wear off before long and they’ll start losing guys. There are just too many of them.

He needs to focus on building a foundation of his own right now with Blaze, Jax, Bo etc and then be ready when some guys start looking.

Just my opinion
I am saying flipping kids from PSU. Recruits, transfers and guys in the room that won't see the NCAAs but are good enough to start almost everywhere else.

So yes, we agree. He needs to get some of those hammers that are percieved PSU locks and produce with them. He also needs guys like Spratley, Jamison, Williams and Travis to jump into the AA lock realm. If those two things happen, watch out.

I am saying flipping kids from PSU. Recruits, transfers and guys in the room that won't see the NCAAs but are good enough to start almost everywhere else.

So yes, we agree. He needs to get some of those hammers that are percieved PSU locks and produce with them. He also needs guys like Spratley, Jamison, Williams and Travis to jump into the AA lock realm. If those two things happen, watch out.
My point was that it won’t happen soon. The 24 and 25 classes are still going to PSU. We have to swing 26 and then pick up the castaway ‘23, ‘24 and ‘25 kids as it shakes out. It just won’t be soon imo

If that trend continues, so will the title route. DT has to start flipping kids and flipping them soon.
Penn state lost a ton of kids when Cael took over. I was somewhat concerned for them back then. The culture at Penn state then to the culture at OSU now, is night and day. We have a culture and expectation of winning, theirs was not. We have a foundation, they did not. Now, we do have a Goliath to slay, but they had a bigger mountain to climb

Penn state lost a ton of kids when Cael took over. I was somewhat concerned for them back then. The culture at Penn state then to the culture at OSU now, is night and day. We have a culture and expectation of winning, theirs was not. We have a foundation, they did not. Now, we do have a Goliath to slay, but they had a bigger mountain to climb
I understand all of that, and I am not arguing that point.

I am saying that if we don't get some of the talent they are getting, instead of them, 2nd place is the outlook until that changes.

Reactions: gyppoke and tom_v31
I’m not sure enough props is being given for the pickup of Routledge. Dude took 2nd to PJ Duke at U20 in probably the hardest field U20 has ever had. He has serious wins and he seems to be peeking at the right time. I would rather have a wrestler start hitting his stride right before college than hit it in middle school or early high school. It seems to me like there is still some growth and passion in him. Good get

I’m not sure enough props is being given for the pickup of Routledge. Dude took 2nd to PJ Duke at U20 in probably the hardest field U20 has ever had. He has serious wins and he seems to be peeking at the right time. I would rather have a wrestler start hitting his stride right before college than hit it in middle school or early high school. It seems to me like there is still some growth and passion in him. Good get
I watched Routledge twice last winter and really wanted him to go here. I see him having a big up-side with proper coaching and his development should open up the Edmond North wrestling room for us. I did not want Nebraska getting first pick on any studs coming out of that program.

I'm very excited. He was one of my first thoughts when we hired DT. I was hoping that we could get back in on him.

I watched Routledge twice last winter and really wanted him to go here. I see him having a big up-side with proper coaching and his development should open up the Edmond North wrestling room for us. I did not want Nebraska getting first pick on any studs coming out of that program.
The fact that Routledge changed commitment so that he could be a part of this culture speaks volumes about where he wants his career to go and he is all-in on OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT