ADVERTISEMENT

Putin speech.

Since @syskatine has demonstrated yet again that he, like the other progressives on this board, can't articulate what these vague terms like "hegemonic white power structures" and "income inequality" are. It's disturbing, but expected, especially after seeing the meat of the DNC strategies exposed this summer. "Uninformed and compliant" says it all.

In my world, if you can't articulate information, you don't know it. If you can't describe the stages of hemorrhagic shock and their corresponding clinical features, you don't know hemorrhagic shock. I think this is a fair and simplistic expectation for any information. It's how I approach my own knowledge. If I'm deficient, I seek information until I'm not.

A trait I recognized years ago that manifested in the religious right was the absence of the ability to articulate their position outside of Bible references. But how will a gay person actually affect you? The Bible condemns homosexuality. Ok, I get that, but how does someone other than you being gay affect you? Homosexuality is forbidden according to the Bible. Ok, is the gay guy forcing you to be gay? No. Ok, is his being gay affecting your ability to worship? No. Ok, is his being gay taking away your right to believe as you wish? No. Then I don't see where a gay guy being treated equally affects you at all. But it's not natural and it's a sin.

As painful as that was, the progressives have become that exact same thing. White privilege, whiteness, systemic racism, Islamophobia, misogyny, income inequality, etc are all made up philosophical bullshit that the left keeps using in political discourse, but yet they can't seem to articulate what any of that stuff is without referencing issues in 1900. They also can't articulate how any of that philosophical bullshit is manifested in modern day except by idiotic name calling. From davidallen, we had income inequality doesn't equal equal income, but he could only manage taxes as an example. When asked how taxes keep people from being successful, he bolted, not to be heard from again. Now we have syskatine claiming to want to discuss this whiteness bullshit, once again reaching well into the past as a comparison, but then burping up some idiot frat guys at OU as some sort of meaningful example.

Why are progressives afflicted with the same inability to articulate that the religious right is? I would hope that anyone voting should be asking questions and if they don't know and can't articulate, they should be seeking information to build their base of knowledge. Of course I've already formed my opinion, and that's that the progressives are nothing more than mouthpieces of a political movement who doesn't want them to question or gain knowledge. Just repeat and do as instructed. Just like the religious right.

Since @syskatine has demonstrated yet again that he, like the other progressives on this board, can't articulate what these vague terms like "hegemonic white power structures" and "income inequality" are. It's disturbing, but expected, especially after seeing the meat of the DNC strategies exposed this summer. "Uninformed and compliant" says it all.

In my world, if you can't articulate information, you don't know it. If you can't describe the stages of hemorrhagic shock and their corresponding clinical features, you don't know hemorrhagic shock. I think this is a fair and simplistic expectation for any information. It's how I approach my own knowledge. If I'm deficient, I seek information until I'm not.

A trait I recognized years ago that manifested in the religious right was the absence of the ability to articulate their position outside of Bible references. But how will a gay person actually affect you? The Bible condemns homosexuality. Ok, I get that, but how does someone other than you being gay affect you? Homosexuality is forbidden according to the Bible. Ok, is the gay guy forcing you to be gay? No. Ok, is his being gay affecting your ability to worship? No. Ok, is his being gay taking away your right to believe as you wish? No. Then I don't see where a gay guy being treated equally affects you at all. But it's not natural and it's a sin.

As painful as that was, the progressives have become that exact same thing. White privilege, whiteness, systemic racism, Islamophobia, misogyny, income inequality, etc are all made up philosophical bullshit that the left keeps using in political discourse, but yet they can't seem to articulate what any of that stuff is without referencing issues in 1900. They also can't articulate how any of that philosophical bullshit is manifested in modern day except by idiotic name calling. From davidallen, we had income inequality doesn't equal equal income, but he could only manage taxes as an example. When asked how taxes keep people from being successful, he bolted, not to be heard from again. Now we have syskatine claiming to want to discuss this whiteness bullshit, once again reaching well into the past as a comparison, but then burping up some idiot frat guys at OU as some sort of meaningful example.

Why are progressives afflicted with the same inability to articulate that the religious right is? I would hope that anyone voting should be asking questions and if they don't know and can't articulate, they should be seeking information to build their base of knowledge. Of course I've already formed my opinion, and that's that the progressives are nothing more than mouthpieces of a political movement who doesn't want them to question or gain knowledge. Just repeat and do as instructed. Just like the religious right.

sheldon-thats-how-its-done_650.gif

I think they are scared to acknowledge any point the perceived "opposition" makes because they feel like it is a crack in the wall that ultimately leads to ruin. This fear propels them to defend the bad with the good, never give up, never surrender.

It reveals about their thinking that they genuinely believe they have a Stranglehold on truth and reality.

It also reveals in them that power, not compromise, or accuracy in perceiving reality, or respecting a differing point of view, is the primary motivation.

@Medic007 you may be the most intellectually honest liberal thinker I've ever encountered, ever.
Sys certainly isn't. Nor others here. They are all afraid or misguided.

I can't name another liberal on TV, this board, anywhere that is secure enough in themselves to stand on the foundation of a well-thought-out philosophy and know that condemning the radical elements of their home party or challenging the festering bad ideas that have taken root is actually a strength, not a weakness. You do that.

You are someone that anybody like-minded or of a differing opinion can work with. People like you are the key to the path forward. Sys, et al, are anchors. Safe in their cocoon, they don't realize that they strive to defend an ever larger fortress of dead or destructive ideas.
I meant to respond to this earlier. I appreciate the comments sir.

I'm still a classical liberal. syskatine would argue otherwise for some reason, but I suspect that's just his binary thinking at fault. Find me another atheist, pro-choice, gay marriage supporting, gender choosing supporting, anti-war, anti-Wall Street, pro universal healthcare, who cares what bathroom, just pay for their freakin birth control (It's cheap), pro euthanasia/assisted suicide, pro drug legalization, and pro stem cell research conservative out there. I'd love to meet them.

Where I generally differ from other liberals is the size of government, welfare, climate change, and the Second Amendment. All of my positions on those are what I feel are common sense, not political party oriented.

I just can't get on board with the progressive bullshit that gained a bunch of traction starting during Obama's campaign. None of it passes the sniff test of being actual issues that affect individuals outside of fear mongering for votes.

I've posted before that I punched out when I was told that I was racist for not supporting Obama. Nope, not a racist at all. For me, Obama didn't represent anything more than an ideology based on pitting people against each other for political polarization and fear based political gain. It wasn't how I was raised, it didn't represent what I felt, and I felt strongly that it was moving backward against all of the gains liberals had made in the 90's and 2000's.

I don't give a shit if everyone accepts gay people for being gay. As long as gay people have equal rights across the entire system, I'm fine. I don't give a rat's ass if everyone accepts transgendered people as normal. I only care that they have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. But, I also feel the same way about public religious displays. I don't care if there is prayer in schools. I don't care if our money contains "In God we trust." I don't care if a building or park has a cross. All I care about is that I can't be excluded because I don't pray or participate in religious based stuff.

I'm all about respect for each other based on the right to individual freedoms. The government sometimes has to guarantee equality by law. I'm all for that because that's the right thing to do. The progressives have turned to suppression of free speech, suppression of individual rights, and the promotion of illogical ideals as the major part of their political platform. It's exactly what I've always detested in the religious right. Until the Democrats can get back to common sense, promotion of the working class people, and pursuit of actual equality, I'll keep voting against them because I'm fairly confident I won't actually be voting against my core values while voting against their lunatic bullshit.

Give Sissy a break. You're asking him/her to formulate and express an opinion on the weekend. It's a weekend...his/her talking points won't arrive in his/her inbox until sometime this morning.

Reactions: Medic007
So, not one example of this hegemonic white power structure? A couple of frat boys singing a song on a bus is all you've got? I'm surprised.

If you think there's only one progressive kook spewing whiteness and white privilege bullshit, you're either very sheltered and only eat what your lefty rags throw in your food hole, or you're being dishonest as usual. The left is littered with progressive dumbasses and their psycho babble white bullshit. White privilege. Systemic whiteness. Hegemonic white power structures. And you shit flinging retards eat that crap up. You flimsy wristed geeks can't muster the self dignity to stand up for yourselves. "Yes, I'm white and everything bad white is. I acknowledge my white privilege. Please forgive my whiteness."

Come on Chief Shitting Bullshys, don't bitch out like you always do. Bear down real hard, pop your little nuts out, and give us some hard hitting information about these white power structures.
So, not one example of this hegemonic white power structure? A couple of frat boys singing a song on a bus is all you've got? I'm surprised.

If you think there's only one progressive kook spewing whiteness and white privilege bullshit, you're either very sheltered and only eat what your lefty rags throw in your food hole, or you're being dishonest as usual. The left is littered with progressive dumbasses and their psycho babble white bullshit. White privilege. Systemic whiteness. Hegemonic white power structures. And you shit flinging retards eat that crap up. You flimsy wristed geeks can't muster the self dignity to stand up for yourselves. "Yes, I'm white and everything bad white is. I acknowledge my white privilege. Please forgive my whiteness."

Come on Chief Shitting Bullshys, don't bitch out like you always do. Bear down real hard, pop your little nuts out, and give us some hard hitting information about these white power structures.

What's in it for me? Can you read? I disagree with you both and the assistant philosophy professor at Fairliegh U (enrol. 4000) and you are symmetrical extremists imo. Paul George's contract pretty much blows up an argument of total hegemony. I don't know anyone that says there's total hegemony, or anyone that denies there is still racism that reflects opportunity (other than you, apparently). You and the assistant professor need to have a steel cage death match. I decline either of your binary narratives. Again.

I hear the assistant professor of gender studies at Portsmouth U just told someone in a committee meeting that women should receive reparations. You better alert Breitbart! To the keyboards!!

Reactions: CowboyJD

You're so full of shit. Thursday you'll be back to claiming to be a conservative. You parrot right wing crap all the time.

Last edited:
What's in it for me? Can you read? I disagree with you both and the assistant philosophy professor at Fairliegh U (enrol. 4000) and you are symmetrical extremists imo. Paul George's contract pretty much blows up an argument of total hegemony. I don't know anyone that says there's total hegemony, or anyone that denies there is still racism that reflects opportunity (other than you, apparently). You and the assistant professor need to have a steel cage death match. I decline either of your binary narratives. Again.
Are you really going to cling to "this is only the view of the assistant philosophy professor at Fairleigh U?" Laughable.

Hell, only two weeks ago, Dem Rep Cedric Richmond lost his mind when GOP Rep Steve King was citing statistics that compared the murder rates of El Salvador and New Orleans. Rep Richmond's response? It wasn't refuting the data. No, that would be too hard and civil. Instead he turned to "It’s not appropriate. It’s insensitive. And it’s nothing more than traditional white privilege of ‘let me criticize a minority city.” He even offered to "go in the back and have the conversation about New Orleans." That was after saying that comparing the murder rates of El Salvador and New Orleans would be like him comparing Rep King to someone is the Klan.

No, it's just that one kooky professor. None of your party's leaders spew that bullshit, ever. Not at all. Not ever. Nuh. The Democrats new mantra is that Trump is a white supremacist and literally a Nazi. Nope. Only that one crazy professor...

Are you really going to cling to "this is only the view of the assistant philosophy professor at Fairleigh U?" Laughable.

Hell, only two weeks ago, Dem Rep Cedric Richmond lost his mind when GOP Rep Steve King was citing statistics that compared the murder rates of El Salvador and New Orleans. Rep Richmond's response? It wasn't refuting the data. No, that would be too hard and civil. Instead he turned to "It’s not appropriate. It’s insensitive. And it’s nothing more than traditional white privilege of ‘let me criticize a minority city.” He even offered to "go in the back and have the conversation about New Orleans." That was after saying that comparing the murder rates of El Salvador and New Orleans would be like him comparing Rep King to someone is the Klan.

No, it's just that one kooky professor. None of your party's leaders spew that bullshit, ever. Not at all. Not ever. Nuh. The Democrats new mantra is that Trump is a white supremacist and literally a Nazi. Nope. Only that one crazy professor...

There you go again -- more of the extreme vs. the extreme. Why would Steve King say that stuff? Because it's true? You just don't see black people saying bad stuff like that about white people.

Kidding! Oh, there's nothing to get the juices flowing like a black woman criticizing whitey!

I think the country has done pretty good at race since the country developed a conscience in the 50's and 60's. There's been substantial progress in Oklahoma. Lord knows there was room for progress after Greenwood, the Klan, segregation, etc. Your kindred ideological warriors have been resisting all the way (and pointing out black crime every step of the way). But the vast swathe of non-booger eating Americans have moved forward despite your enthusiastic bigotry. The 90% of the country would let you, your assistant professor of philosophy at Fairleigh U (enroll. 4000) and Steve King lock up in a room and duke it out while the rest of the country keeps moving forward. I think those are fair odds: Her against you and Steve King.

So what's the point of the NOLA crime statistic? What do we do with that?

There you go again -- more of the extreme vs. the extreme. Why would Steve King say that stuff? Because it's true? You just don't see black people saying bad stuff like that about white people.

Kidding! Oh, there's nothing to get the juices flowing like a black woman criticizing whitey!

I think the country has done pretty good at race since the country developed a conscience in the 50's and 60's. There's been substantial progress in Oklahoma. Lord knows there was room for progress after Greenwood, the Klan, segregation, etc. Your kindred ideological warriors have been resisting all the way (and pointing out black crime every step of the way). But the vast swathe of non-booger eating Americans have moved forward despite your enthusiastic bigotry. The 90% of the country would let you, your assistant professor of philosophy at Fairleigh U (enroll. 4000) and Steve King lock up in a room and duke it out while the rest of the country keeps moving forward. I think those are fair odds: Her against you and Steve King.

You improve it, dipshit.

Reactions: Medic007
Apparently nothing, because as you've demonstrated yourself, that would be racist. Because discussing a statistic is racist.

But that's what happens when you lose the ability to have any intelligent debate. Just throw a tantrum and toss out words that end in "phobe" and "ist" to make sure nobody can have any intelligent discussion. That's the way of your failed party. Not many individual thinkers in it any more. You dopes just guzzle the regurgitations from your momma birds. It's all you need. It's all you want.

There's no issue at all with murder rates in Baltimore, Chicago, New Orleans, etc. Those numbers are something to be proud of.

You just don't see black people saying bad stuff like that about white people.
Black people don't cite statistics? Because that's all Rep. King offered up. Statistics. You actually pulled an "assistant professor of philosophy at Fairleigh" right there AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE IT.

Now that's damn funny. Uninformed and compliant at its finest.

Apparently nothing, because as you've demonstrated yourself, that would be racist. Because discussing a statistic is racist.

But that's what happens when you lose the ability to have any intelligent debate. Just throw a tantrum and toss out words that end in "phobe" and "ist" to make sure nobody can have any intelligent discussion. That's the way of your failed party. Not many individual thinkers in it any more. You dopes just guzzle the regurgitations from your momma birds. It's all you need. It's all you want.

There's no issue at all with murder rates in Baltimore, Chicago, New Orleans, etc. Those numbers are something to be proud of.

The obvious solution in any city is more dem admins; it's working well their current "clusters". :rolleyes:
Holy hell! I was looking at the staffing issues of New Orleans PD and came across the complete circus that city has been in regards to finances. Wondering where that never-ending shit show came from, I discovered that New Orleans has had a Democratic Mayor since 1872. Not 1972. 1872.

Holy hell! I was looking at the staffing issues of New Orleans PD and came across the complete circus that city has been in regards to finances. Wondering where that never-ending shit show came from, I discovered that New Orleans has had a Democratic Mayor since 1872. Not 1972. 1872.

Damn, that's older than karma.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT