ADVERTISEMENT

PrO-LiFe

Fox Tv GIF by Rosewood

Reactions: OUSOONER67
If anyone is confused or baffled by why many Americans are outraged by the Republican position on abortion, all one has to do is read this thread. It appears that some right-wingers haven't learned one lesson from this past election cycle as it relates to abortion.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
If anyone is confused or baffled by why many Americans are outraged by the Republican position on abortion, all one has to do is read this thread. It appears that some right-wingers haven't learned one lesson from this past election cycle as it relates to abortion.
Feels like a teaching moment.

Versus the abortion up to birth position Democrats hold?

As I stated, some right-wingers haven't learned one lesson from this past election cycle. Just doubling down with the same craziness and misrepresentations that are firmly being rejected by a majority of Americans.
Just goes to show how easily manipulated people are. Both sides have extreme positions on abortion where the majority of the poeple support a common sense solution.

Just goes to show how easily manipulated people are. Both sides have extreme positions on abortion where the majority of the poeple support a common sense solution.
As has been pointed out to you many times, we had a common sense solution in place that a majority of the American people supported. And still do support. Republicans decided to do away with that solution and are now paying the price for it. They will continue to pay the price for it the longer they double down with their misrepresentations and extreme opposition to a woman's right to choose.

As has been pointed out to you many times, we had a common sense solution in place that a majority of the American people supported. And still do support. Republicans decided to do away with that solution and are now paying the price for it. They will continue to pay the price for it the longer they double down with their misrepresentations and extreme opposition to a woman's right to choose.
The majority of the people support abortion up to birth? That's news to me, everything I've seen says the American people overwhelmingly reject abortion up to birth, yet that is exactly what Democrats tried to push through Congress. Democrats are not seen as extremist because the MSM puts out the one sided narrative Republicans have extreme views on abortion. Sad you can not see how you are being manipulated.
Maybe we have a different view of what a common sense solution would be. In my view a common sense solution would allow abortion for specific reasons like rape, incest, health of the mother and even for mistakes up to a period of time say 16 to weeks weeks. 4 to 5 months is plenty of time for a woman to figure out she is pregnant and make a decision. I would also like to see women become more respsonible for their reproductive health, as in protecting themselves against unwanted pregnancies. Abortion up to birth is in no way a common sense solution in my view.

The majority of the people support abortion up to birth? That's news to me, everything I've seen says the American people overwhelmingly reject abortion up to birth, yet that is exactly what Democrats tried to push through Congress.
I never stated this misrepresentation you keep repeating is what a majority of Americans support or what the common solution was. You are doing nothing but repeating misleading/false right-wing talking points, talking points that didn't work for Republicans in the last election cycle. They didn't work, btw, because Americans are smarter than you apparently think they are.

Democrats are not seen as extremist because the MSM puts out the one sided narrative Republicans have extreme views on abortion. Sad you can not see how you are being manipulated.
Not everything is the media's fault.

As for who is being manipulated, as always, take a look in the mirror. You are the one who is currently repeating misleading/false talking points.

In my view a common sense solution would allow abortion for specific reasons like rape, incest, health of the mother and even for mistakes up to a period of time say 16 to weeks weeks.
What about the health/life of the mother after 16 weeks, as was the case for the woman referenced in the article shared at the start of this thread?

• Haha
I never stated this misrepresentation you keep repeating is what a majority of Americans support or what the common solution was. You are doing nothing but repeating misleading/false right-wing talking points, talking points that didn't work for Republicans in the last election cycle. They didn't work, btw, because Americans are smarter than you apparently think they are.
Of course you never bring up abortion up to birth, it would prove how extreme Democrats are on abortion. It's what you do, ignore anything that doesn't support your narrative.

Not everything is the media's fault.
Do you hear the MSM talking about Democrat's supporting abortion up to birth? I don't but I do hear them blasting what ever the medium is with Republicans are extremist.
As for who is being manipulated, as always, take a look in the mirror. You are the one who is currently repeating misleading/false talking points.
See above.
What about the health/life of the mother after 16 weeks, as was the case for the woman referenced in the article shared at the start of this thread?
My apologies for not making it clear, I thought even the biggest moron would assume the health of the mother would be throughout the pregnancy. My mistake.

Nope, but I would make an exception only if the health of the mother was severely at risk.
Interesting how you just added the terms "severely at risk." When originally, you simply stated "would assume the health of the mother would be throughout the pregnancy."

With that said, according to the right-wing talking point you keep repeating, you now could be accused of supporting abortion up to birth. You now have an "extreme" position.🙄

• Haha
Interesting how you just added the terms "severely at risk." When originally, you simply stated "would assume the health of the mother would be throughout the pregnancy."

With that said, according to the right-wing talking point you keep repeating, you now could be accused of supporting abortion up to birth. You now have an "extreme" position.🙄
Yea I understand leftist, they lie and would say their life was at risk no matter what, hence the addition of "severely at risk".

Sure I could be accused of supporting abortion up to birth by those with extreme views but they have no credibility with me. Why you are so enamored with the extremist is beyond me.

Was it not right?

I don’t personally see the moral virtue in making a woman wait to abort a nonviable pregnancy until there’s a vaguely-enumerated-at-best risk to the mother’s life in the eyes of politicians, resulting in this woman suffering severely and potentially ruining her chances of getting pregnant again.

Seems pretty cruel to me, but you do you if you disagree. The willful, evil ignorance is not going to change here anytime soon…don’t expect it to now.

“mUrDEr”

carry on

I don’t personally see the moral virtue in making a woman wait to abort a nonviable pregnancy until there’s a vaguely-enumerated-at-best risk to the mother’s life in the eyes of politicians, resulting in this woman suffering severely and potentially ruining her chances of getting pregnant again.

Seems pretty cruel to me, but you do you if you disagree. The willful, evil ignorance is not going to change here anytime soon…don’t expect it to now.

“mUrDEr”

carry on
Moral virtue? Yeah. Cruel? Might ask yer admin. Think about it junior. 👍

Sure I could be accused of supporting abortion up to birth by those with extreme views but they have no credibility with me.
But this is exactly what you are doing! You are accusing others of supporting abortion up to birth when they simply agree with what you now claim to support.

• Haha
I don't give a rip about "learning lessons."

What's right is right.
So what happened to this woman was right? Telling other women you know better than they do as it relates to their health care decisions is right? Telling rape victims (including children) they must proceed with a pregnancy resulting from their rape is right? Setting up rape panels for rape victims is right?

Last edited:
But this is exactly what you are doing! You are accusing others of supporting abortion up to birth when they simply agree with what you now claim to support.
Is this the new leftist dishonest talking point? In the bill Democrats tried to cram up our ass the verbiage allowed for abortion up to birth without prohibition. If you do not think that is extreme you just might be an extremist.
Instead of trying to play your games why don't you join the rest of the sane, non extremist in the nation by joining us in common sense measures that solve the problem once and for all.

• Haha
Reactions: davidallen
Is this the new leftist dishonest talking point? In the bill Democrats tried to cram up our ass the verbiage allowed for abortion up to birth without prohibition. If you do not think that is extreme you just might be an extremist.
Instead of trying to play your games why don't you join the rest of the sane, non extremist in the nation by joining us in common sense measures that solve the problem once and for all.

Republicans chose totalitarianism and idoicy, not common sense…and you know it lol

carry on

Which bill are you referencing?
Are you that misinformed of your Party's actions? I'm not surprised you are not aware of the Abortion Bill Democrats tried to shove up our ass after Roe v Wade was rightfully overturned. Maybe you should look it up and inform yourself, then you can get back to us instead of pushing your misinformed viewpoints. DaNang Dick was especially telling.

• Haha
Are you that misinformed of your Party's actions? I'm not surprised you are not aware of the Abortion Bill Democrats tried to shove up our ass after Roe v Wade was rightfully overturned. Maybe you should look it up and inform yourself, then you can get back to us instead of pushing your misinformed viewpoints.
Oh, I'm very aware of the two bills (the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 and the Ensuring Access to Abortion Act of 2022) that were passed in the House after the disastrous Dobbs decision.

Please cite for us the language in either of those bills where Democrats tried to make all abortions legal up to birth.

• Haha
Oh, I'm very aware of the two bills (the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 and the Ensuring Access to Abortion Act of 2022) that were passed in the House after the disastrous Dobbs decision.

Please cite for us the language in either of those bills where Democrats tried to make all abortions legal up to birth.
I'm not your research assistant, you can read it for yourself and if you find where the bill forbids abortion up to birth you can cite it for us. Knowing you can't, I will not hold my breath.

I find it interesting you think following the Constitution is disastrous. While I understand you may disagree, the SCOTUS ruling prevails over your opinion.

• Haha
I'm not your research assistant, you can read it for yourself and if you find where the bill forbids abortion up to birth you can cite it for us. Knowing you can't, I will not hold my breath.
I have read them. Have you? Apparently not.

Let's look at the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022:

SEC. 4. PERMITTED SERVICES.
(a) General Rule.--A health care provider has a statutory right under this Act to provide abortion services, and may provide abortion
services, and that provider's patient has a corresponding right to receive such services, without any of the following limitations or
requirements:

(8) A prohibition on abortion at any point or points in time prior to fetal viability, including a prohibition or restriction on a particular abortion procedure.
(9) A prohibition on abortion after fetal viability when, I
n the good-faith medical judgment of the treating health care provider, continuation of the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant patient's life or health.
(10) A limitation on a health care provider's ability to provide immediate abortion services when that health care p
rovider believes, based on the good-faith medical judgment of the provider, that delay would pose a risk to the patient's health.

That is from the bill. Here is what you stated yesterday:
My apologies for not making it clear, I thought even the biggest moron would assume the health of the mother would be throughout the pregnancy. My mistake.

So this bill does exactly what you claim to support. It allows abortion after fetal viability only when the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant patient's life or health. It does not restrict states from regulating elective abortion after fetal viability apart from when the mother's life and health are at risk. It cearly does not attempt to make all abortions legal up to birth.

So why do you continue to repeat the misleading/false right-wing talking point about this bill and Democrats?

H.R.8296 - Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022

Now that you have been given the text @2012Bearcat, here is more that easily explains how the talking point you keep repeating is misleading/false.

"Marianette Miller-Meeks: The Democrats’ Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 “would permit abortion up until delivery.

PolitiFact's ruling: Mostly False"

"The bill, H.R. 8296, titled "Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022" and proposed by Rep. Judy Chu, D-Calif., says states would not be able to keep health care providers from offering abortions before fetal viability, which generally is around 24 weeks into pregnancy. It adds that states could restrict health care providers from providing abortions after fetal viability, but only "when, in the good-faith medical judgment of the treating health care provider, continuation of the pregnancy would pose a risk to the pregnant patient’s life or health."

"A reading of the bill shows that H.R. 8296 permits abortion up until delivery, but only if it is deemed necessary to protect the life of the patient. It does not explicitly require states to keep the procedure legal in all cases past the point of fetal viability.

"Mariannette Miller-Meeks said the Democrats’ Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 "would permit abortion up until delivery."

"The bill, which passed the U.S. House but is considered unlikely to win approval in the Senate, would permit abortion up to delivery, but only in limited cases — when medical professionals determine that an abortion is necessary to save the life or the health of the mother. Such situations account for a tiny fraction of all abortions, federal data shows. Ignoring this qualifier is misleading."

"The statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression, so we rate it Mostly False."

Fact-check: Would Democratic bill allow abortion up until delivery?

• Haha
So what happened to this woman was right? Telling other women you know better than they do as it relates to their health care decisions is right? Telling rape victims (including children) they must proceed with a pregnancy resulting from their rape is right? Setting up rape panels for rape victims is right?
You're on the wrong side of history dude.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT