ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton

TheJimReaper

Starter
Aug 23, 2018
Oklahoma
Next up are the Princeton Tigers.

125: Pat Glory FR - Glory comes to Princeton as a blue-chipper, being ranked 13th by Intermat and 17th by Flo. Glory is also a 2 time New Jersey State Champion, a Super 32 Champion, a Who's Number 1 Champ, a three time Beast of the East Champ, a two time Escape the Rock Champ, and had a 157-17 overall high school record. Glory starting probably means that incumbent starter Matteo DeVincenzo is the odd man out.

133: Ty Agaisse RSSO - It looks like Agaisse's season was cut short due to injury as he only wrestled one match. However it appears he started as a true freshman where he went 12-6 and did not qualify for Nationals.

141: Pat D'Arcy SR - D'Arcy went 11-14 last season and did not qualify for Nationals. He did qualify in 2017 where he went 1-2 and had a win over Earl Hall formerly of Iowa State.

149: Matt Kolodzik JR - Kolodzik went 29-6 last season and is a 2 time All-American taking 7th and 3rd respectively. He beat Troy Heilmann formerly of North Carolina to finish 3rd.

157: Leonard Merkin JR - I found out that Mike D'Angelo is going to defer this year so I'm editing this. Merkin went 18-8 last season as a backup.

165: Dale Tiongson SO - Tiongson went 25-11 competing primarily as a backup.

174: Travis Stefanik FR - Was rated 21st overall by Intermat in the Class of 2017. Stefanik is a Pennsylvania State Champion, FloNats Champ, Ironman Runner-up, 3 and a time Beast of the East place winner. Stefanik went 4-3 competing for the Princeton Wrestling Club.

184: Kevin Parker JR - Parker went 9-17 and did not qualify for Nationals.

197: Pat Brucki SO - Brucki went 27-10 and qualified for Nationals where he went 1-2 with a win over Christian Brunner (Purdue).

HWT: Christian Araneo JR - Araneo went 11-10 and did not qualify for Nationals.

Last edited:
Didn't Quincy Monday sign with Princeton? Don't know what weight, but do you think he has a chance to break in?

Didn't Quincy Monday sign with Princeton? Don't know what weight, but do you think he has a chance to break in?

I think he's listed as a 141. So he'd have to beat out D'Arcy. I'd guess he will probably start next year. But I don't have inside info or anything I'm just deducing and making somewhat educated guesses.

I think he's listed as a 141. So he'd have to beat out D'Arcy. I'd guess he will probably start next year. But I don't have inside info or anything I'm just deducing and making somewhat educated guesses.
Got time to look-he is listed at 157 on their roster, 141 on wrestlestat. Dont know which he is closer too. Was at 152 last season. Has a chance at 157, since Ivy's don't redshirt-although I noticed several had rs tags on wrestlestat.

Probably the same as Okie State living up to expectations.... i.e. not gonna happen =)

True because OSU has such a history of doing so..... I'm pretty sure he was joking in predicting Boo to pin both those guys.

That weight is going to be wide open this year. Be interesting to see Jordan down at 149 and if Berge can be consistent with the cut down to 149. Five or six guys on paper can be discussed as potential finalists.

True because OSU has such a history of doing so..... I'm pretty sure he was joking in predicting Boo to pin both those guys.

That weight is going to be wide open this year. Be interesting to see Jordan down at 149 and if Berge can be consistent with the cut down to 149. Five or six guys on paper can be discussed as potential finalists.

Yes I was kidding about Boo winning both by fall. That wasn't a serious prediction.

Reactions: osu2082
Yes I was kidding about Boo winning both by fall. That wasn't a serious prediction.

I figured, but that's why I offered 3-1 on a low stakes charity bet.

I think Boo is the best guy at the weight not in the Big 10 (yes, I think he is better than Kolodzik and Leeth).

For the record, check out my posts about Ashnault on the rutgers board. I am not a fan of the fake jersey tough guy antics. Street fights belong in the street, not in an organized wrestling match. I said as much to Goodale to his face at a fundraising event. That event + rutgers antics at the PSU match were really an embarrassment. No scarlet bias here.

I think Boo is the best guy at the weight not in the Big 10 (yes, I think he is better than Kolodzik and Leeth).

For the record, check out my posts about Ashnault on the rutgers board. I am not a fan of the fake jersey tough guy antics. Street fights belong in the street, not in an organized wrestling match. I said as much to Goodale to his face at a fundraising event. That event + rutgers antics at the PSU match were really an embarrassment. No scarlet bias here.

Well...crap. I was ready to fire off a sarcastic reply to your previous post, but then you followed it up with this reasonable one.

I'm not a fan of those last second head slaps, but Ashnault generally comes across as a good guy in his interviews. I actually want to see Rutgers and the other NY/NJ schools do well, including the new D1 program at LIU. That area has produced a lot of talent and it will be good for wrestling if that continues.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof

What is the name of the Rutgers board?

What is the name of the Rutgers board?

It’s just in the “other section” on the main rivals board sadly.

Rutgers is becoming a competitive program. Jersey has a lot of good wrestlers historically. I mentioned one of my friends won a couple of AA’s under John Smith.

I think Okie State has a big hurdle in the $ Dept to over come and I hope it does. The more teams with legit trophy shots, the better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT