ADVERTISEMENT

Edmond North Tournament

liljordan082006

Feb 8, 2012
Tulsa
Over the weekend, Coach Roller and I took 14 of our kids from Union to the Edmond North JH Tournament. If any of you’ll have been you know it’s arguably the best JR High tournament in the state. I personally think Oklahoma has some studs coming up through the ranks right now.

Bixby, Broken Arrow, Stillwater and a few others have built some really nice youth talent.

A few kids that stuck out to me was

Revin Fipps of Stillwater 98# gave A kid from Allen his first loss of the season on a 11-0 MD.

Justice Heeg from Stillwater 112# had a MD over a kid from Tuttle. Hit a super duck with like 20 seconds left to get the MD.

Kaden Pope of Sand Springs #119 and Colton Barlow of Broken Arrow at #119 as well

Isiah Jones of Bixby at #126, had a fall in 4:36 off Brody Moore of Sand Springs. Brody has a hard nosed kid, he beat our JR High State Champion at 126 and got under his skin and ended making out kid take a DQ because of his attitude.

Garrison Sartain at 132# I think has a chance to be elite. He pinned Ethan Applebees of Piedmont and Ethan is one of the best leg riders I saw at the tournament. Gabe Blankenship of Bixby took 3rd.

Jacoby Petree of Stillwater at 155# is a tank.

Destry Lujin of Yukon took 3rd at 195# but it’s his first or second year wrestling. He is a full grown man, talked to Coach Schneider and he is very high on him. Still very raw but personally I think he could be another one to keep a very close eye on.

Believe me I know I missed more but those are some kids that stuck out the most. Was a really good tournament with a lot of really good Oklahoma Talent: Allen Texas was the only out of state team.

We didn’t do as well as we wanted, our two best wrestlers got absolutely brutal draws since we didn’t get to attend the seeding meeting due to our dual with Owasso the same night as the meeting.

Last edited:
Over the weekend, Coach Roller and I took 14 of our kids from Union to the Edmond North JH Tournament. If any of you’ll have been you know it’s arguably the best JR High tournament in the state. I personally think Oklahoma has some studs coming up through the ranks right now.

Bixby, Broken Arrow, Stillwater and a few others have built some really nice youth talent.

Revin Fipps of Stillwater 98# gave A kid from Allen his first loss of the season on a 11-0 MD.

Justice Heeg from Stillwater 112# had a MD over a kid from Tuttle. Hit a super duck with like 20 seconds left to get the MD.

Kaden Pope of Sand Springs #119 and Colton Barlow of Broken Arrow at #119 as well

Isiah Jones of Bixby at #126, had a fall in 4:36 off Brody Moore of Sand Springs. Brody has a hard nosed kid, he beat our JR High State Champion at 126 and got under his skin and ended making out kid take a DQ because of his attitude.

Garrison Sartain at 132# I think has a chance to be elite. He pinned Ethan Applebees of Piedmont and Ethan is one of the best leg riders I saw at the tournament. Gabe Blankenship of Bixby took 3rd.

Destry Lujin of Yukon took 3rd but it’s his first or second year wrestling. He is a full grown man, talked to Coach Schneider and he is very high on him. Still very raw but personally I think he could be another one to keep a very close eye on.

Believe me I know I missed more but those are some kids that stuck out the most. Was a really good tournament with a lot of really good Oklahoma Talent: Allen Texas was the only out of state team.

We didn’t do as well as we wanted, our two best wrestlers got absolutely brutal draws since we didn’t get to attend the seeding meeting due to our dual with Owasso the same night as the meeting.
Like the analysis. Thanks. Are you going to JH next weekend? If so, we expect the same write-up. 😆

Reactions: PoOsKuE
Like the analysis. Thanks. Are you going to JH next weekend? If so, we expect the same write-up. 😆
Yes we are going. Taking 46 kids so it’ll be all hands on deck. We have 4 or 5 coaches going to state. We believe we have 3 or 4 kids who can podium but they have to do better than they did this weekend.

Our 112 kid who is one of our best got pinned for the first time in 3 years. He needs to look in the mirror and have a big talk with himself. He doesn’t enjoy wrestling anymore and wants to quit, same with our 106 which is very frustrating because they both have a ton of potential.

Our 155 kid wrestled really well he just lacks a motor, that is his biggest down fall.

We have a HWT going in the 6th and 7th grade division who could win it all.

Reactions: proud2bpokes

Destry Lujin of Yukon took 3rd at 195# but it’s his first or second year wrestling. He is a full grown man, talked to Coach Schneider and he is very high on him. Still very raw but personally I think he could be another one to keep a very close eye on.

Nice write up.

I’ve won that tournament twice, and didn’t make weight once.

The only time I didn’t make weight ever. I missed 82lbs and lucky got bumped to 89lbs and took 4th. Our 89lber lucky made weight for 82lbs with the allowance.

Reactions: osu2082 and JAY45
Nice write up.

I’ve won that tournament twice, and didn’t make weight once.

The only time I didn’t make weight ever. I missed 82lbs and lucky got bumped to 89lbs and took 4th. Our 89lber lucky made weight for 82lbs with the allowance.
It’s a very tough tournament. JR High State tournament is this weekend so I’m excited to see how the above kids do there.

Reactions: Dobsie and osu2082

Watched replays of these guys mentioned by Liljordan and Revin Fipps, Justin Heeg, and Jacoby Petree each won Jr. High State Championships for Stillwater. Lujin took 3rd and yes he is big and strong but very green. Sartain took 2nd and seemed to tire in the 3rd and lost in overtime. I saw Levi Smith took 2nd in 6th and 7th grade state but got pinned in the finals. Heeg is a scraper and every match I saw he seemed much smaller especially shorter. He must be 1 of those guys who is heavier than he looks. Petree had a tough opponent and pulled out a 6 to 4 decision.

Reactions: soccer8352
Watched replays of these guys mentioned by Liljordan and Revin Fipps, Justin Heeg, and Jacoby Petree each won Jr. High State Championships for Stillwater. Lujin took 3rd and yes he is big and strong but very green. Sartain took 2nd and seemed to tire in the 3rd and lost in overtime. I saw Levi Smith took 2nd in 6th and 7th grade state but got pinned in the finals. Heeg is a scraper and every match I saw he seemed much smaller especially shorter. He must be 1 of those guys who is heavier than he looks. Petree had a tough opponent and pulled out a 6 to 4 decision.
Yeah it was a tough weekend. We ended up taking 46 kids and I really thought we had a chance to have 6 place. our 112 kid who is arguably one of our best has been checked out the past 3 weeks. He got pinned last weekend at Edmond for the first time in 4 years. He was one match away from the 5th place match. Our 7th grade HWT who we thought would win it all got 3rd. And we had a 7th grader bump up to the 8th/9th at 126 and got 5th. So overall we didn’t do as well as we wanted but it was a good weekend

Well after a long weekend, I come to say my youngest left OKC with a medal. He was seeded #8 in the same bracket as Petree, and ended up 5th.

Coweta is going to Enid next weekend where we face Piedmont first round Friday, both my boys will be wrestling. Should be a long an interesting weekend as we contend for a championship.

Well after a long weekend, I come to say my youngest left OKC with a medal. He was seeded #8 in the same bracket as Petree, and ended up 5th.

Coweta is going to Enid next weekend where we face Piedmont first round Friday, both my boys will be wrestling. Should be a long an interesting weekend as we contend for a championship.
congratulations. It was a very long weekend. And good luck next weekend.

I transition to baseball now so I’m excited to get back on field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT