ADVERTISEMENT

Pool liner suggestions?

Adman513

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Yukon
We have a 23,000 gallon below ground pool with a vinyl liner. I took the cover off last weekend, and in addition to lovely algae, I noticed it's starting to peel away from the side near the top. The water is WAY too acidic to apply the "green to clean" stuff to get rid of the algae, so I drained the pool even more with the intention to add water to help dilute the water and decrease the acid (per the advice of the manager at Leslie's and some cursory internet searching).

Well, as It's almost 2 feet down, I see the damn liner is pulling away even more and just looks like crap. We knew it was getting toward its end but were hoping to squeeze out one more season with it. Alas...it looks like I'll probably need to replace it. We live in Yukon, and we bought this house from the previous owners back in 2017. We know the previous owners, and they took very good care of the house, yard, and pool. That being said, we're hoping there's not any additional concerns to worry about once we replace it.

Do any of you have any recommendations when it comes to searching for a company to remove and replace it? We've gone to Cardinal Pools in Bethany before when I've had pool filter and pump issues, and they seem to be trustworthy. However, I don't know if they're a "go to" when it comes to replacing liners.

Thanks for any advice you all can offer!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT