ADVERTISEMENT

Political correctness in Wrestling

Obe, I don't believe anyone is suggesting you HAVE to like women's wrestling or Greco. You're free to watch whatever you want and have whatever opinion you want. But if you're aware there's a world outside of Oklahoma and the US and, in that world, are people with opinions and affinities that are just as valid as yours, then why is it so hard to accept that there are many who enjoy women's wrestling. Because you haven't personally seen it? I know women's wrestling has opened up a fan base the sport of wrestling didn't previously have. I've seen it. Is it huge? No. Is it growing? Yes.

If you feel guilty about not supporting women in their efforts to have equal opportunities in all aspects of life (to include the opportunity to wrestle at all levels), then good....you should feel bad about that and recognize why you feel bad about it. It's because you have a conscience and it's telling you that women should have the same opportunities men have. I absolutely hate it when people play the "We've been doing this forever, so we should keep doing it" card. Things change, it's natural and it's ok.

In the end....it seems pretty simple and I think JB summed it up nicely. All three styles or none. Easy choice.The world of wrestling has changed. We can change with it, or we can fuss over how much "better" it used to be.

Also....I'm with April....let's keep innocent vegetables out of this.
NEcowboy I am putting this to rest as far as I am concerned. As far as "innocent vegetables" I totally disagree. Beets are not innocent in any way shape or form. They are vile and taste exactly like the dirt they are grown in. They are GUILTY of making me ill even to think about. You can not change my mind on this issue (beets) even if you enlist the help of all of the cooks on the food channel including Rachel Ray.

Fair enough Obe. I feel the same way about onions....revolting creations that have been ruining salsa and guacamole for centuries.

A potato is a root vegetable and so is a carrot. I do not think it is politically correct to lump all root vegetables into one category. Maybe it is just white and red ones they do not like.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
To sum this thread up, Okies don't like roots veggies.
It is perfectly normal to hate beets but NEcowboy obviously is suffering from mental illness to hate onions. Why can't everyone be perfect like me? It is obviously not the color as I like my steaks rare smothered in ONIONS. Now if he tells me he doesn't like garlic I will look both ways before entering GIA because a sociopath might be behind me. This would place him in a class with Micco.:(

It pains me to think about how many perfectly good steaks obe has ruined...so wasteful. You're safe in GIA....garlic is a staple at my house.

I put minced onions on my onions. And I love garlic. And coffee.

I have the breath of a middle linebacker's shoe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT