ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Dual

I think checking your phone for messages, taking a bathroom break, and going for snacks are very appropriate for a Austin Marsden match. Why not a few words about the score by Rex?
Wheeling, if your looking for a high scoring and a lot of takedown from a heavy weight you should probably be watch WWA wrestling. Austin is a top 5 wrestler in the nation and I'm happy to have him. All the teams running for the title would love to have Austin right now. Andrew is a freshman, with all freshman they make mistakes, part of learning under fire. He sucked it up and won in OT (that away Andrew). Let him get his feet wet and find out what works and what doesn't in D1. Happy to have those Illinois boys (including Klimara) on our team. The team is coming on a little earlier then the last few years.

Reactions: osu2082
He is ranked Top 5, but he is honestly two takedowns from failing to AA, again.

MIke....remember Gelogaev? There was a heavy with some offensive firepower. Probably the funnest to watch since...ever. Ever watched the kid at NC State? He's got some offense. Being a heavy doesn't mean you can't attack on your feet. I think Wheeling's frustration, which mirrors mine, is that we've seen Austin execute some outstanding offensive attacks from his feet, but all too often it seems as if he chooses not to....which is frustrating....but it doesn't mean we're not thrilled to have him on the team. Just that it seems he could separate himself a bit.

Reactions: gyppoke
When Austin decides to get offensive he does it very well. He just does not do it often enough and seems satisfied to rest on his laurels. As NEcowboy indicates he is playing with fire when he keeps the matches close. Even in the match today Solomon shot at the end for a takedown. I would just like to see him get more aggressive so he does not have to worry about a takedown at the end of a match causing him to lose. As far as Andrew goes he is on the other end of the spectrum and his style will allow him to win matches when he would be considered the under dog. He sounds like he wrestled a good match today against a veteran wrestler who has been ranked in the past.
He kept the pressure on upper body thus preventing Bonnaccorsi from setting up an offense of his own. No problem with Illinois wrestlers including Eddie. They are all three good wrestlers just wish the biggest of them would distance himself from his opponents more.

Im glad he is on our side too. He just keeps winning. Nice having that hammer at the end and when you wrestle a good team you know hes gonna make the difference. Were gonna miss him next year Im afraid.

From what we've been privileged to see from him, we have a possible finalist. The problem is that he has shown that he's not going to compete that way very often.

I'm worried he's going to give it up in March instead of take it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT