ADVERTISEMENT

Osu/mizzou PBP?

Wrassler223

Recruit
Nov 22, 2015
My damn Flo account is messing up so I can't watch it live. Would someone mind helping a fellow fan out and posting some results?

All decisions:

125 - OSU
133 - OSU
141 - OSU
149 - Mizzou
157 - OSU
165 - OSU (but Ringer was ridden entire 2nd & 3rd periods)
174 - Mizzou (Crutchmer lost in SV)
184 - Boyd has 2 early takedowns, 4-1 w/1:40+ RT at the end of 1st period

Kilmara wins 2-1 OT
GWH wins 5-2
heil wins 3-1
Collica loses 5--2
Jo wins 10-4
AD wins 4-3 despite spending second and third on the mat
Crutch loses 3-1 in OT

Deringer got ridden like a Sophomore on Prom Night...Hope he doesn't give up a takedown to that guy at Nationals. Game over.

Reactions: Wrassler223
Marsden with a quick 17-0 Tech Fall.

oSu 23
Miz 9

Marsden with a quick 17-0 Tech Fall.

oSu 23
Miz 9
Mixed results and overall we sure had a lot of guys struggle getting takedowns. Harding, Marsden and Boyd were most impressive. I always talk bad about Boyd but he was our most impressive wrestler tonight. Joe Smith and Heil were okay. Dieringer match was shocking in a bad way. Crutchmer must have been hoping Butler would pass out or something because that would be the only way he could of won wrestling as passive as he did. Young Marsden did not get majored and so that was not bad. Whoever our weight coach is, he needs to work all off season with Andrew. Dieringer needs some explosiveness from the bottom position I would think it was embarrassing for him to basically spend 4 minutes on his stomach. Klimara toughed out his match but I do not remember him ever being close to a takedown. We did break their match streak but we need to get more aggressive than this.

Can we be any more proud of Gary Wayne and especially Nolan Boyd? Talk about getting ridden over 4 minutes of riding time against. #4 Willie Miklus who was beaten at every phase of the match. That was Nolan Boyd finest match of his career. Every move he made was the right one. Just put a tough ride on him and didn't go for big moves. He got in deep on a leg, keep his feet covered, lifted and took him down. And it just got better from there. GWH has nt lost since coming back after Brocks injury and looked great taking out #11 Synon. It looked like Synon was gassed in the 2nd period trying to keep up with GWH escape efforts. The cowboys looked fresh and hungry to put an end to Mizzou 's 37 match win streak. And it was an impressive win streak beating some very good teams but not tonite. Even little Marsden make a good accounting for himself in a match against a beast. Big Marsden got the nights only bonus points making quick work of an inexperienced opponent. Crutcher and somewhat Alex were the only downers on the night. Id like to hear Alex's thoughts on that match. We knew Lewis was a good rider and dangerous on top but that's more riding time than Alex has given up in the last 3 years COMBINED.
Lewis went off the match acting like he won. LOL. Dean Heil again converts his only opportunity a big win. That's why he is number 1.

Harley is pretty accurate on the team. GWH, Boyd, and little Marsden did a great job with Boyd being close to fantastic in dominating a ranked opponent. I can't believe big Marsden TF a guy in the first period, that was the most movement and aggression that I have ever seen out of him. Heil and Smith were in control but they couldn't figure out mizzou's style. Collica was badly out-muscled and the better wrestler won. Klimera was the aggressor but he was never close to a TD. I don't know what was wrong with Ringer and Crutchmer. Neither one had any fire or acted like they gave a crap tonight. Maybe it was weight pull or being sick but both matches were shocking.
mizzou has some of the most impressive looking wrestlers that have wrestled in GIA. It is a shame that the mizzou style keeps them from using their strength and quickness to their offensive advantage.

when they are getting ridden like that there isn't much all of their strength and quickness can do for them. Cowboys have posted a lot of riding time in their last few matches. It certainly made a difference tonite. When Boyd gets the first takedown and uses his riding skills he can be as tough as anyone. Missouri looked really flat. Maybe Eddie wasn't in on many shots but he controlled the match and got that important first win of the dual. Barlo is dangerous and a win to set the tone was more important than Eddie getting 5 takedowns. Then Hardings and Deans wins just took the wind out of their sails. We saw more fire out of Pitt last Sunday than the Tigers showed.

I watched the match as a fan and offer congrats to young Marsden, very good showing again a national champ. Harding impressed me two ranked wrestlers In a row and Boyd looked the best I've ever seen him. I love parity. Still plan on collecting the bet in March Mike.

I watched the match as a fan and offer congrats to young Marsden, very good showing again a national champ. Harding impressed me two ranked wrestlers In a row and Boyd looked the best I've ever seen him. I love parity. Still plan on collecting the bet in March Mike.
My most sincere apologies to Messrs. Harding, Boyd and Andrew Marsden. Gary Wayne Harding was outstanding in his win over a much bigger and highly ranked opponent. He have up an early takedown but after a hard fought escape the match belonged to him and he continues to impress since coming back from injury. Nolan Boyd was the aggressor from the getgo and never let up against #4 ranked Willie Miklus who suffered his first loss at Nolan's hand. Never, ever doubted his grit but he had jtwo solid takedowns and was dominant on the mat. Andrew Marsden is the owner of "Funk & spunk". I thought he was be completely dominated by Cox and he was not and showed fight throughout the match. I think he fired up his brother who looked like a world beater tonight. Never mind that Romero was ranked 63rd in the country he turned him every way but loose and showed what an athlete he is when he turns it on. Eddie had a tough match but when your opponent makes no moves and back up a lot it is hard to score. The only thing I could fault Eddie on is not keeping the pressure on and getting a stalling point or a takedown in the 2nd and third period. John kept yelling at him to keep up the pressure and he did come close to a takedown in the 2nd period. Dean Heil was never in danger and persisted with a takedown where he never hurried and never made a wrong move. He is technically better than anyone he wrestles. John was upset with his letting the opponent escape early as I think he could have ridden him for ten minutes if needed.
Anthony Collica was not out-classed but Mayes is extremely strong and quick and while he did not take many shots he was efficient when he did and finished his two takedowns with relative ease. Still think Anthony could beat him but it will take a supreme effort. Joe Smith made his GIA debut and it was shades of his father with three low single takedowns. I thought he spent too much time on top in the 3rd as he was clearly superior on his feet and should have had a major but great effort for his inaugural match. Alex wrestled who I believe will be a national champion in the future and had two takedowns in the first period. He took down which I believe was an error. Daniel Lewis is very good on top and maybe the best cradler in the sport. Alex was worn down early either from a tough weight cut or expending too much energy on his first two takedowns. It was apparent Lewis was just waiting for Alex to tripod up so he could slap in the cradle and after the 2nd period it was apparent Alex was not going to get up. Closest match he has had in two years. Kyle Crutchmer did wrestle well tonight and made no real shots. When you do not shoot and you are not a great top man you are leaving it up to one move and unfortunately this time it was Butler that made it. All in all, a great match, probably a little closer than the score but I was greatly heartened by Harding, Andrew Marsden and Nolan Boyd.

Hey Flo your link to the Boyd match isn't working. thanks.

I cant stop thinking about that match. Its killing me that the replay isnt working. The force was clearly with Nolan last night. To me Nolan looks bigger and stronger. How the heck he ever lost to Miklus in the past just doesn't jive with what we witnessed last night. Maybe this is a new Nolan Boyd. The product of 3.5 years of hard work in the room.. Taking his lumps but never giving up and always believing in himself. Using that big gas tank to wear down his opponent. Maybe its podium time. Maybe he is the difference maker we ve been looking for in March. He should be immensely proud of himself and walk a little taller to class on Monday. He should roll through the rest of his schedule until Big 12s where he will get a shot at #6 Zilmer whom he lost to last March by a 3-4 score. A win there will get him seeded for the finals.

Alex wasn't Alex last night but maybe that's not a bad thing. It allowed Boyd and Harding to be in the spotlight and sent a message to all that they can be counted upon. This team took a big step forward last night. There are no weak spots in this lineup. Its the best and most exciting team we have had in nearly 10 years.

Reactions: cactusjackosu
I think it is tough to classify last night as "mixed results" unless you are looking with a negative slant.

OSU wrestled a team who was ranked higher, who hadn't lost a dual in like two years and against a team known for their defensive style.

Against that team OSU blew the doors off on the team score with GWH and Boyd nothing major wins. Boyd has turned the corner bigtime the past month and if consistency can be achieved he is very much in the AA discussion come March. GWH is slowly gaining confidence and any points from him will be massive come March.

Other than that I saw the others wrestle a really strong and confident team and more times than not came out with the win which a is ALL that matters.

Great win for the Cowboys. Was surprised ringer was ridden but I sat next the father of a Mizzou lightweight starter and he actually turned to me and said "do you think your kid is willing to go down?" I looked at him like he was crazy but sure enough, lewis was awesome on top (reminded me of Ohio state kid he wrestled in semis last year). Come tournament time, ringer will go neutral and will will take him down 4 times and win comfortably. The guy also mentioned their 157 actually won preseason wrestle off against manley but had to be the one to move up 2 weights to start. Very impressed with Boyd and his movement. Crutchmer will have an opportunity for big wins before seeding time when he has North Carolina kid and possibly penn state kid come February (not sure who we will wrestle in that event but hopefully penn state) but man he needs to find some offense.

One more point, I would say this is best team since JO was a senior. That team was stacked and if our heavyweight doesn't slip in semi finals against Nelson, we win it bc he would have won in the finals.

I'll give my two pennies worth...

125...it's clear that guys can keep him from scoring if that is their sole mission. He picks up wins though. I'm holding pat at 5-7 without some major breaks in March.

133...he's got my hopes up! 133 is very tough, but we just need some points here and as long as he makes some noise before elimination, that puts us in good shape.

141...novacain...always works

149...man I want him to AA, I hope I'm not Orange drunk, but I think he can.

157...I'm very excited to watch him in March. I think he beats Nolf

165...Wrestled out of character, but smart.

174...does he share an apartment with big Marsden?

184...was that a coming out party? Nope, but if he wrestles like that in March, everybody is happy.

197...Wrestled hard against a beast. He needs some weight room time where he actually moves some weights!

285...who was That?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT