ADVERTISEMENT

Ostatedchi, poker

Yeah. I saw it live since I watch HCL as well as LATB most nights.

My take is that she's very novice and got caught up in the moment and made an absolutely unconscionable call because she got emotional and just decided not to fold. Garret isn't used to playing with that horrible of a player and was stunned.

Here's the fundamental problem with poker. Participation isn't based on skill or merit. The barrier to entry is only if you have enough money to buy in. The pros want rich, inexperienced, and gambling players in their games because in the long run the recreational player will lose. But, sometimes when you dance through a mine field you get your leg blown off.

The whole cheating thing seems really absurd to me. First off - how? Technically I just don't see a way for her to have hacked the RFID reader. Absent that, someone would have had to have seen Garett's cards and then signaled her. But anyone doing that would pick a better spot to cheat. It's difficult for me to think someone has the sophistication to hack the system but then the gross incompetence to chose that hand in which to apply the info.

Then to compound the issue, Garret asked for his money back and in an attempt to not get accused of cheating she gave it back. Then got accused regardless. I think Garret should give the money to HCL in escrow pending the outcome of an investigation. I really like Garett but he really injured his reputation with this whole crap.

She gave it back, wow.

Seems like an ridiculous move that goes against everything you are supposed to do should be the thing to do at times.

Have you seen the big chess cheating controversy? Top player in the world got beat by a mid level player who played a perfect game. He is being accused of using anal beads and getting the right moves via Morse code.

LOL. Yeah I saw that too. Now that's totally bizarre. No words.

There's even a tiny chance that she misread her hand and thought she had a 3 that paired the turn card. But she looked back at her cards before calling. So that's hard to swallow.

Wild ride indeed

Was the graphics guy taking his cut for feeding her info or was she just doubly a victim?

Wild ride indeed

Was the graphics guy taking his cut for feeding her info or was she just doubly a victim?

As you stated earlier, that would be hard to square. The two of them are smart enough to cheat, and choose to do it on that ridiculous hand. It is the same line of thinking as the two of them are smart enough to cheat, and her accomplice is dumb enough to sneak over and take his cut off of her stack.

Occam's razor tells me that she is a bad player, with enough money, that she played extremely poorly. She got lucky and won a big pot. The dude who sniped some of her chips is a dumb ass who thought he could get away with it, but he didn't.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
As you stated earlier, that would be hard to square. The two of them are smart enough to cheat, and choose to do it on that ridiculous hand. It is the same line of thinking as the two of them are smart enough to cheat, and her accomplice is dumb enough to sneak over and take his cut off of her stack.

Occam's razor tells me that she is a bad player, with enough money, that she played extremely poorly. She got lucky and won a big pot. The dude who sniped some of her chips is a dumb ass who thought he could get away with it, but he didn't.
That’s where I lean as well… for now. We’ll see what more info comes out. Absent a confession it still is going to be difficult to prove. And now, there’s no reason at all for him to confess.

This has been a wild ride that hopefully leads to better security protocols for all streaming shows.

Reactions: Been Jammin
I have read several things and was in the camp she thought she had J3 thus a pair and misread her cards, but some dude took 15k and she was just cool with it seems odd. I don't know what to make of this mess and one reason I loved the WSOP being delayed because you then had great edits IMO. This live stream opens the game up to this IMO.

I have read several things and was in the camp she thought she had J3 thus a pair and misread her cards, but some dude took 15k and she was just cool with it seems odd. I don't know what to make of this mess and one reason I loved the WSOP being delayed because you then had great edits IMO. This live stream opens the game up to this IMO.
So the guy that touched her chips took 15k? I thought it was odd he would touch them like that. Dudes a con artist.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
So the guy that touched her chips took 15k? I thought it was odd he would touch them like that. Dudes a con artist.
I meant the guy in Dchi post about the employee who went over and removed 15k in chips and she didn't press charges. That could have just been an idiot though trying to take advantage of a chaotic situation though.

Not pressing charges for the theft??? Maybe she misread her stack too!

i was on the fence before and was like “ok, maybe she is just the worst player ever and got a seat in a cash game with the GOAT” but after that, something is sure fishy about the whole situation.

That long stare down makes sense now. He knows he was cheated. Albeit a really stupid cheat since he had odds on 5th street. The illogical nature of the call gave it away though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT