ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Team Trials

Had Lee Kemp started college when he won the olympics? Also was Yojo in college when he won?

Jden about to leave his shoes out there? Explains why he didn’t look very good today…

Being honest lol but also great career for him. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: CowboyTanker
Kinda your typical big Daton match. Just had nothing to show for. Really thought he would whoop his ass after seeing him wrestle earlier today. These are tough brackets though man, sheesh.

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Seems like Fix peaked early in his career.

Anyone know why a recruit like Mesenbrink went to Cal Baptist out of high school?

PSU has so many current and former wrestlers in the Trials.

Anyone know why a recruit like Mesenbrink went to Cal Baptist out of high school?

The finals shows you the difference between OSU and PSU right now, that room is on a different level and I can see why recruits want all those wrestlers with them in the off season.

Has a high schooler or true freshman ever made the Olympic team?

Wrestling in the Olympics needs more weights.
Kyle Snyder won a world championship in his freshman season and Olympic gold the following.

Amit Elor won a world title while in HS and another one after. Going for her first Olympics this weekend.

Reactions: Rdcldad
As much as I want Fix at the CRTC, I think he needs to get away and be with different coaches and teammates for a bit. Not a dig at our program honestly but after so many “all mosts” I think he needs a change.

it’s like he needs to make a pilgrimage to some guru in the caucasus

john low single
jb blast double

fix needs a move and the mental freedom to execute it

and with you that’s no dig on anyone involved in his career, kid is everything you want and like to see in a young man

to that end what the hell is jax forrest doing
goodness he was getting to gillmam just gave up the mindless push outs early in the match

Jden about to leave his shoes out there? Explains why he didn’t look very good today…

Being honest lol but also great career for him. Best of luck.

also explains the officiating against carrol

jyden deserved the walkoff last night

no better ceremony in sport than a great one leaving shoes on the mat

and jb wasn’t about to do that in
state college lol

Consis

Ringer pins Wick.

Lockett runs out of time against Berger lose 4-6.

Carroll just got taught a lesson by Nate Jackson. Tech in like 30ish sec. Without a leg lace haha. Second 4 point was just a nasty bull rush double.

Daton always has problems against taller guys. He can’t get score with space bc he doesn’t have an ankle pick or double leg go to move. I don’t really understand his struggles at this point. He just doesn’t seem to be getting into the positions he wants and getting good angles on guys. Is this mental or training, has he peaked and just on the decline from a 7 year college grind? All I know is that he wrestled Gilman 3-4 years ago with much more physicality and confidence. He just seemed to be much more motivated then.

I will also add that it seems like since he got beat by Gross back in 2022 his freestyle success has been slim. Not sure if that was the turning point mentally.

PSU RTC is Different level. We need a lot of new blood in ours and new set of eyes
Haven't seen it mentioned here, but yesterday Facundo absolutely worked Levi Haines, it wasn't close. The same Haines that just breezed at 157 3 weeks ago.

Not sure where Facundo projects to with Haines and Mesenbrink stacked right on top of him in their lineup, but I'm not sure he isn't the best of those 3.

The number of PSU guys facing off in this tournament that spend all year training together is truly stunning. Especially when you add in the Dake's and Gilman's, who aren't even PSU guys but are in the room.

Olympic is a whole new level. Nolf was a menace in college but so far is only mildly competitive with the Olympic guys. I know that weight classes are broader but still.
Uh, mildly competitive? Nolf has hung right with Dake for 3 or 4 years now, he's pretty clearly a top 5 guy in the world at that weight if Dake is top 2.

Haven't seen it mentioned here, but yesterday Facundo absolutely worked Levi Haines, it wasn't close. The same Haines that just breezed at 157 3 weeks ago.

Not sure where Facundo projects to with Haines and Mesenbrink stacked right on top of him in their lineup, but I'm not sure he isn't the best of those 3.

The number of PSU guys facing off in this tournament that spend all year training together is truly stunning. Especially when you add in the Dake's and Gilman's, who aren't even PSU guys but are in the room.
The thought is MM at 157, Haines at 165, and Facundo at 174. Hints of CStar coming back for his 5th and taking over 197. Yes, 197.

• Wow
Reactions: Chasingthirty-five

Regarding MM, he committed to Cal Baptist as a junior but didn't jump levels until his senior year. So he wasn't heavily recruited before his commitment. Because of his faith and upbringing, he chose to honor his commitment to the coach. When his coach moved on, he felt his commitment was null and void, and that's when he transferred.

Reactions: biocowboy
to that end what the hell is jax forrest doing
goodness he was getting to gillmam just gave up the mindless push outs early in the match
Youth versus experience in freestyle. Simple as that. Jax will be a great addition to the Cowboy program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT