141 Dean Heil vs. Chris Deloza
149 Boo Lewallen vs. Kristian Olivas
157 Jonce Blaylock vs. Greg Gaxiola
165 Chandler Rogers vs. Isiah Hokit
174 Jacobe Smith vs. Dominic Kincaid
184 Keegan Moore vs. Angel Solis
197 Preston Weigel vs. Josh Hokit
285 Derek White vs. A. J. Nevils
On paper this looks to be a shut out win in our last dual match.

125 Nick Piccinnini vs. Sean Williams
133 Kaid Brock vs. Trevor Williams
141 Dean Heil vs. Chris Deloza
149 Boo Lewallen vs. Kristian Olivas
157 Jonce Blaylock vs. Greg Gaxiola
165 Chandler Rogers vs. Isiah Hokit
174 Jacobe Smith vs. Dominic Kincaid
184 Keegan Moore vs. Angel Solis
197 Preston Weigel vs. Josh Hokit
285 Derek White vs. A. J. Nevils
On paper this looks to be a shut out win in our last dual match.
20-2 Pic

Lewallen 9-4 over Olivas who is their highest ranked wrestler in and out of the top 20. 20-0
Tristan Moran with a 6-2 dec. against Gaxiola. Gaxiola was in on his legs for over 2 periods and did score a takedown against Moran. Gaxiola was the aggressor throughout but gave up a reverse and cradle late. Not an improvement over Blalock IMO.

Tristan Moran with a 6-2 dec. against Gaxiola. Gaxiola was in on his legs for over 2 periods and did score a takedown against Moran. Gaxiola was the aggressor throughout but gave up a reverse and cradle late. Not an improvement over Blalock IMO.
Probably not meant to be an improvement but just giving a wrestler who has been in the room 3 years a chance to wrestle in the dual. I hope that Jesse Vasquez is at the dual the 3rd rated sophomore in the country and he was mentioned by the Pistol Pete wrestling writer with potential recruits. We have gotten some real good wrestlers from California like Munoz and Guearro. Also Morgan who was very good on takedowns.

Probably not meant to be an improvement but just giving a wrestler who has been in the room 3 years a chance to wrestle in the dual. I hope that Jesse Vasquez is at the dual the 3rd rated sophomore in the country and he was mentioned by the Pistol Pete wrestling writer with potential recruits. We have gotten some real good wrestlers from California like Munoz and Guearro. Also Morgan who was very good on takedowns.
Double forfeit at 165 and Rogers bumps up to 174 and gets his patented "asassin" move on Kincade for the fall. Harley I agree and was glad Tristan got the start. He is too small for 157.

Double forfeit at 165 and Rogers bumps up to 174 and gets his patented "asassin" move on Kincade for the fall. Harley I agree and was glad Tristan got the start. He is too small for 157.
Keegan Moore 14-5 major with six takedowns, three in the first period, one in the second and two in the third period.

Me and lots of other pokes there, Really good crowd and Fresno St did a good job with setting the basketball court up as an effective wrestling venue. Noisy crowd, loud music, lots of freebies. All good.

Reactions: Rdcldad
How concerned do we need to be that 3 starters are still out with 2 weeks before post season begins? Are all expected back?
only two starters are out. boo seems to have settled into the spot and he has the head to heads over geo. jacobe's injury worries me a little because of the way the knee was bent during the mizzou match. preston's injury seems to be a reoccurring nagging injury but i expect him back as well.

only two starters are out. boo seems to have settled into the spot and he has the head to heads over geo. jacobe's injury worries me a little because of the way the knee was bent during the mizzou match. preston's injury seems to be a reoccurring nagging injury but i expect him back as well.
I agree that Boo is the starter and has earned it. He has wrestled well lately and he had the toughest opponent yesterday. I did not mean to sound critical of Moran yesterday. It is what it is and he is just small as a 157 pounder. It is a tribute to Boo in a way that we have both Moran and Geo at this weight either of which could start at many programs.
I am not privy to any injury reports on Jacobe and Preston but I believe John is just being cautious in not wrestling them when there is no need.I fully expect to see both at the Big 12 and ready to go. One more thing that has occurred to me is the back and forth between Derek and I on the strength of Lehigh. He may well be right however it is a reality check on this season that we are ranked 7th and Lehigh 8th. I am going to Cleveland to cheer on the Pokes and hoping for a top five finish. John always has our squad prepped for Nationals and hopefully this is not an unrealistic quest.

Three injuries in Blaylock, Smtih and Preston. Preston and Smith both could have wrestled Sunday at some level close to 100% but there was no need to risk it.

Not sure what happened to Blaylock.

It looked like Blaylock tweaked his knee early in his last match. I don't know any specifics about his injury, just an observation.

Last edited:
Thank you. The third starter I was referring too was 157 not boo.

Thank you. The third starter I was referring too was 157 not boo.
ok. i saw earlier someone referred to tristan getting the start because he has worked hard in the room so they gave blaylock off. i didn't know blaylock was hurt so i assumed u were talking about boo

Tristan looked tough early in the year. Had some really good close matches with Boo. He scraps and has a good attitude. Really glad to see him get in a dual even though against a larger opponent. I really wish we could have scheduled Lehigh this year. A win for Picc against Cruz would have been great for seeding. I believe Cruz's best win this season was against Milhof and it's likely he'll snatch the top seed at NCAAs

Reactions: osu2082
Yes, but the All-Star matches are unofficial. They don't count for seeding purposes.
Well they’re not supposed to but I believe due to the coaches ranking playing a part in seeding that in certain instances the all star results will play apart in certain seeding like 174 for instance (depending on how the big ten shapes out anyway)

Reactions: osu2082
Well they’re not supposed to but I believe due to the coaches ranking playing a part in seeding that in certain instances the all star results will play apart in certain seeding like 174 for instance (depending on how the big ten shapes out anyway)

Cruz is ranked #1 at 125 in the CR. Zahid is ahead of Hall because he has more (and better) quality wins at this point according to the NCAA definition. I agree that coaches can pretty well do whatever they like in that regard, but it appears they are following protocol in these two instances.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Cruz is ranked #1 at 125 in the CR. Zahid is ahead of Hall because he has more (and better) quality wins at this point according to the NCAA definition. I agree that coaches can pretty well do whatever they like in that regard, but it appears they are following protocol in these two instances.

The coaches can do what they want (factor in the all-star loss or not) in the coaches ranking, but believe its still only 15% of the overall at large and seeding criteria:

Reactions: OkieSpladle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT