ADVERTISEMENT

OK State Vs. Cornell

Marsden gets the quick TD v Sweeney a freshman. Marsden getting 4 swipes. 6-0

Marsden putting on a tough ride . reaching for the wrist. Getting a roll and 2 more swipes 8-0. 50 seconds to go p 1.

P2 Marsden choose neutral. Sweeney shoots and misses. Marsden just goes around for the TD 10-0
Stalling Sweeney restart. End of p2.
p3 Sweeney chooses neutral. Sweeney close to a TD on the edge. Sweeney pulls him back in, jumps on Marsden and gets the 2. wow. escape Marsden. Sweeney attacks. Marsden plants the head and goes around for the TD. Lets him up 13-3 and Marsden gets another td. with RT 16-3
32-12 Cowboys.
Congrats to BOYD!!!

Last edited:
The learning experience loss for Joe was worth it with the tradeoff wins (& what they learned) for Boyd & Weigel.

Agreed. Great dual. Not worried at all about Joe's loss. Palacio is funky and hard to predict. Joe will come back stronger. I think we can put the brief discussion about Crutchmer v Rodgers to bed too.

Hopefully Kyle is not hurt as badly as it appeared on Friday as without a doubt he is our best shot at a high finish at nationals. Chandler has some funk and will be a player at some point but he is not ready for prime time yet.

Very good win for Nolan's confidence. I think the last time he lost was at the Scuffle, and he has had some nice wins. Dean was not 100%, but this is the path for Nolan to make the podium. He will have a tough match if we wrestle Penn State, but that one is winnable for him. He could have a good run up through Nationals.

Colica is looking great. It appears he is back from the injury that hampered his style early in the season. This team is looking good. I agree that Joe Smith will learn from this. Palacio is very strong.

Actually Dean got 3 takedowns. 2 in the first period early. Then the light came on for Boyd at the start of Period 2. A quick escape, a takedown and 2 sets of backpoints and Boyd coasted to the win holding his own in the 3rd until Dean got a very late td and had Boyd on his back at the buzzer but no back points awarded. That's a 9 point 2nd period for Boyd but Dean won the first and third period.
Going to be a nice trip home for Nolan!!! Lets see where he ends up in the rankings this week. Definitely going to make him a seeded wrestler in the finals as the big 12 champion. 3 plus years of hard work in the room now paying off big. again he made zero mistakes. You saw the potential but he kept shooting himself at key moments. Now he doesn't make those mistakes> His reaction time on his shots is much quicker when he gets to a leg giving his opponent precious little time to set up a defense and moves quickly to secure the TD. Something he didn't use to do. He is showing enormous strength on his lift and returns which is the key to his rides and tilts. It showed again today. If I was a top 6 guy at 184 I wouldn't want him on my side of the bracket. He may not be sneaking up on anyone this March with this win.

Actually Dean got 3 takedowns. 2 in the first period early. Then the light came on for Boyd at the start of Period 2. A quick escape, a takedown and 2 sets of backpoints and Boyd coasted to the win holding his own in the 3rd until Dean got a very late td and had Boyd on his back at the buzzer but no back points awarded. That's a 9 point 2nd period for Boyd but Dean won the first and third period.
Going to be a nice trip home for Nolan!!! Lets see where he ends up in the rankings this week. Definitely going to make him a seeded wrestler in the finals as the big 12 champion. 3 plus years of hard work in the room now paying off big. again he made zero mistakes. You saw the potential but he kept shooting himself at key moments. Now he doesn't make those mistakes> His reaction time on his shots is much quicker when he gets to a leg giving his opponent precious little time to set up a defense and moves quickly to secure the TD. Something he didn't use to do. He is showing enormous strength on his lift and returns which is the key to his rides and tilts. It showed again today. If I was a top 6 guy at 184 I wouldn't want him on my side of the bracket. He may not be sneaking up on anyone this March with this win.
I'm not sure I woukd give the third to Dean, even with a big lead Boyd was still aggressive and got the first TD of the period. The first was Deans, but once again both tds came off of Boyd's shots.

Clearly Nolan has a lot of confidence in his attacks. You gotta love his agressiveness going after the #1 guy coming in with a 52 match winning streak. watch the replay on ESPN3. Its sorta like watching a young jedi knight trusting his newly found force and letting it fly.

Reactions: tradetools
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT