ADVERTISEMENT

Ok open

Brock giving harding a takedown clinic in second 10-4, Brock wins 10-4. Pull his shirt now! Klimara isn't in season form but Picininni is going to work his butt off on this last match.

If this is the year that OSU is supposed to win it, they need to pull Kaid Brock's redshirt.

Im wondering if we will have 3 true freshman in the lineup come February.
197 Marsden is coming on. Might be the answer if the other two don't step up. Exciting to watch wrestler. Brock is almost ready now and by season end more points at Nationals. Will talk about Joe after his last match against Blees, and also Piccininni.

Pull Joe Smith shirt now, he is the best we have.8-2 win by Joe! As John has said we will put the best wrestlers out there. No discussion then, now is the time!

Marsteller came back and wrestled hard to finish third. That is what we are looking for, tough cut no other options.

Klimara, Brock, Heil, Collica, Jo Jo, AD, Crutch, , Rogers, Marsden are the winners.
Schaefer finished 2nd. Marsteller 3rd, Boyd 2nd, Piccinnini 2nd, Harding 2nd, T Moran 2nd, Blees 2nd. C Rogers 2nd

Congrats to the winners. Harding looked better this wee

Eddie came back and won his match against Picininni 9-7. Eddie has had a infection all week and haven't wrestled. Good showing for Eddie. Jordan Rogers shows he should be the starter after another win over Nolan 11-7. I'm sure this will play out later this season at 184, but right now Jordan has showed he should be the starter.

Klimara, Brock, Heil, Collica, Jo Jo, AD, Crutch, , Rogers, Marsden are the winners.
Schaefer finished 2nd. Marsteller 3rd, Boyd 2nd, Piccinnini 2nd, Harding 2nd, T Moran 2nd, Blees 2nd. C Rogers 2nd

Congrats to the winners. Harding looked better this wee
I did forget to mention about the upset that Alex won at 165. I don't know why I missed that! lol

Marsteller is really good on the mat. Against Joe he didn't attempt and offense and gave his legs up too easily. Joe chose neutral in the third, which makes me think he knows how good CM is on the mat. Joe is for real, he looked great, neither match was ever in question and I was really impressed that he rode them so well.
Klimara got a TD as time expired and you could see Nick P was frustrated he lost. It was a good frustration that shoes a lot of fire, he will be good. EK not being well makes a lot of sense. He was in a dogfight with Christian Moody, which really surprised me.
J Rogers looked great, I left when that match was on the third, but he controlled what I saw. I think it has all come together for him.
I had heard that Andrew Marsden would some day be a 285 and I just don't see it. He is a few inches shorter than his brother and has a smaller frame. He looked good today though.
Schafer looked gassed in the second against Johnson, hope it is just a training through thing.

Overall everyone looked good.

Marsteller is really good on the mat. Against Joe he didn't attempt and offense and gave his legs up too easily. Joe chose neutral in the third, which makes me think he knows how good CM is on the mat. Joe is for real, he looked great, neither match was ever in question and I was really impressed that he rode them so well.
Klimara got a TD as time expired and you could see Nick P was frustrated he lost. It was a good frustration that shoes a lot of fire, he will be good. EK not being well makes a lot of sense. He was in a dogfight with Christian Moody, which really surprised me.
J Rogers looked great, I left when that match was on the third, but he controlled what I saw. I think it has all come together for him.
I had heard that Andrew Marsden would some day be a 285 and I just don't see it. He is a few inches shorter than his brother and has a smaller frame. He looked good today though.
Schafer looked gassed in the second against Johnson, hope it is just a training through thing.

Overall everyone looked good.

Happy for Jordan. Its going to be a big year for him. I think we should go with Harding at 133. Doubtful Brock is ready to put up team points in the finals anyway. Smith on the other hand is a different story. He should start against Iowa.

Second weekend of wrestling
133 - I am sure coach would love to redshirt Kaid but it is looking less likely. I bet GW still starts at Iowa
157 - kind of same here except we have two options in Blees and Marsteller hopefully allowing J Smith to redshirt. Thinking Chance starts at Iowa.
184 - J Rogers looks to have earned the nod here
197 - Still a question mark but I bet Schafer starts at Iowa

125 - We look good for the next few years
133 - We look good for the next few years
141 - Assuming Heil doesn't grow we are set for two years with good options redshirting
149 - Not sure who is following Collica here. Can Blees drop?
157 - We look good for the next few years
165 - Should be fine here for a few years
174 - Two good years
184 - Depends on Rogers
197 - still looking. Maybe its Marsden
HWT - Maybe the kid committed for 2016?

If it was my call I would send Crutchmer out at 133. That way you can preserve both GWH and Brocks red shirts. See how things settle out and give one a chance to really solidify their spot. I also think it will be CM at Iowa. Other than not being offensive v Smith he looked good today. Schafer looks to be the best option at 97. Also it looks as if Rogers has locked down 84.

I think you go with CM at 157 the whole first semester and see if he can get his cut and has tank in line as if he can he is easily in the AA discussion.

If not then you look to Blees or the intriguing option of pulling Smith. It will depend where the coaches see the best potential for points in March.

If Smith is handling Marsteller and Blees that comfortably, Brock also, I say pull them out...this is the year to win it.

Even though it did not result in a title today, as a NYer, I am very happy to see Piccininni regaining that offensive firepower that made him one of the best ever to compete in the Empire State.

Last year, for whatever reason, he was not pouring it on the way we had become accustomed to seeing. Thus far, early into his collegiate career, he is showing signs of getting back to that "no mercy" style of attack.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Glad I saw this thread...totally had no idea this tournament existed, and I probably would have never found it were it not for this thread!

Happy for Jordan. Its going to be a big year for him. I think we should go with Harding at 133. Doubtful Brock is ready to put up team points in the finals anyway. Smith on the other hand is a different story. He should start against Iowa.
Why would Brock not be able to put up team points in March. GWH went 3 and 2 at Nationals last year and Kaid handled him yesterday? Kaid has been in the room only a few months with our coaches full time and look how much he has improved. A month ago he was taking a beating by those same wrestlers, the young man has made major strides in a short time, by March watch out. I will agree give coach until SS to make a decision, but why wait if he (Joe, Kaid) is already the best in our room. We have little leeway come March for a title.

Reactions: osu2082
It is hard to curb my excitement so I wont. We have an incredibly deep team right now with many great options at multiple weights. The young men on this team all have the goal of starting and are working hard to that end. Whomever Coach Smith goes with this year, it would appear number 35 is within reach and this team will be fun to watch. Many of you have have heard me say that Collica is going to shock the world this year but if anyone picks against the pokes winning it all than I am afraid the pokes will shock the world as a team. Congrats to the coaches on assembling so many high quality individuals on our team because they are truly a pleasure to be around off the mat and hungry to produce while on it. Cant wait for the first dual of the year........Go Pokes

I think this team is a contender. I do not feel good about the Iowa match as the question marks we have will be exploited. We may suffer some early season losses, but in the end this is a very good and deep team.

Dean Heil wins 141 with a 11-2 over T Moran
Willie and CP on the flo podcast are saying OSU ought to take Joe out of redshirt this year but both advocate waiting until the open tournaments are over to do that. This is a very hard decision for Coach to make but he has said that this should be our year and the best wrestler will be in the lineup at each weight. I lean towards redshirting Joe, remembering the decision we made with Clayton Foster but it is a slight lean. If we can win it all then Joe would have to be my choice as I believe he can score points for us at Nationals. Kaid Brock I believe is a different story. He is probably our best 133 pounder but it is a stretch (IMO) to think he will be a points grabber at nationals as this is a very tough weight. Itwioll be interesting to see how this plays out but do not expect either to be in the lineup in Iowa IMHO.

I'm a little late but the Boys looked good.... Nothing to get over excited about though since the toughest comp was themselves. Good tourney to get the rust off.....somebody mentioned OU and their team.... It really looks that bad.... I'm almost sad for them.......nah I'm not. They gotta dump Mark Cody!!!! About to go nuts waiting on this weekend!!!! Cowboy up!!!!

We ll Im sad for OU. Even when they are good they can't beat us. They did grab some good Oklahoma kids though so help is on the way. They all cant go to OSU. Im ok either way with Joe coming out. I think CM will get his act together though and be the guy everyone including himself thinks he can be. Kaid and Nick should wait a year for sure because they would not score team points in March. Super excited to see the new Jordan Rogers taking it to his opponents for a full 7 minutes. I think Iowa is in for a shock at a couple of weights they were expecting to win. Could get lopsided real quick. Especially if they cant stay away from giving up bonus. Could be like the TCU football game. Safe travels to all of you attending. I ll be watching on BTN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT