ADVERTISEMENT

OCU open

Thanks for the information and results. What is the reason for being unattached?

You just need to limit the number of attached wrestlers or else it counts as an official competition for the team. Doesn't really matter who is attached or unattached.

Montalvo lost to Heath Gray a former Oklahoma State Champ who wrestles for Central Oklahoma. Not a good start. Whitlake has won twice easily. Just saw where Montalvo won his first consolation match by pin in 23 seconds
Whitlake won by tech fall in the quarters. Whitlake has Jaryn Curry in the semi's. Montalvo won his next consolation match by pin in 44 seconds.

Last edited:
Whitlake won by tech fall in the quarters. Whitlake has Jaryn Curry in the semi's. Montalvo won his next consolation match by pin in 44 seconds.
Whitlake beat Curry 6 to 1 in the semi's. At 165 2 cowboys wrestled for the title. Colten Denney beat Gavin Stika 5 to 2 for 1st.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
Noticed that K Monday got 2nd at the Hokie & Q Monday 4th at the Princeton Opens today, both at 157. Perhaps the Pokes couldve use some double Monday help at the middle weight this year.

Heath Gray was class of 2015. He would be a RS Jr if he were on schedule. I am not sure his backstory but he started for Newman ‘15-16, did not wrestle in ‘16-17, and redshirted at UCO in ‘17-18. He is expected to start for UCO this year. Not sure why he was entered in the Fr-Soph and not the Open. What I like is Montalvo came back with 4 first period pins.

NEO took their starters to a tournament in KS this weekend. Andrade wrestled 285 and weighed in at 236. He won the tournament.

NEO took their starters to a tournament in KS this weekend. Andrade wrestled 285 and weighed in at 236. He won the tournament.
This is the first OCU Open I have missed in many years as KC Scott was celebrating his 50th anniversary in KC this weekend. Looks like I picked the right one to miss with the lack of competition.

Heath Gray was class of 2015. He would be a RS Jr if he were on schedule. I am not sure his backstory but he started for Newman ‘15-16, did not wrestle in ‘16-17, and redshirted at UCO in ‘17-18. He is expected to start for UCO this year. Not sure why he was entered in the Fr-Soph and not the Open. What I like is Montalvo came back with 4 first period pins.

Gray is a healthy ghost thought of guy for his division. He has also been in a college room for three years. Not a terrible loss for Montalvo and as you say great way to come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT