ADVERTISEMENT

Obamagate

EYLPTCNWkAMTYlb
EYLtr3qWoAUEO39

That’s a guy merely repeating Powell’s brief and arguments. That’s a brief advocating for a position, an exercise in persuasive argument....not a neutral evaluation of the law. Very literally just an echo in the echo chamber.

He and the brief say “only” exception....right there in his quote, right before his underlining....it says “usually”.

You don’t really need 100s of retweets of Powell’s brief presented as if it is some new thought or source to make a decision or know what arguments are being repeated. Read the brief. Read the replies when filed.

I don’t know what the ultimate result will be, but this illustrates quite strikingly why I strongly prefer original source documents over AltMedia or MSM characterizations of....anything.

Also....random Arkansas guy running for Senate is your “source” now? C’mon now. I probably could have just “who the fook is that guy” gif-ed it and called it a day.

Last edited:
So me not taking your/Trump's side....actually not taking any side....speaks volumes.

Yeah, okay.....sure thing Boog. o_O

you promote yourself is an evidence based unbiased observer

in reality you’re a cherry picker

when presidents
weaponize gubmit
spy on their opposition,

build files

the possibilities are endless

that’s lost on your commentary

and it’s not trumps side

it’s the republics side

Other language from that case he mentions and selectively cites....
----------
But as a general rule, our system “is designed around the premise that [parties represented by competent counsel] know what is best for them, and are responsible for advancing the facts and argument entitling them to relief.”...….

The party presentation principle is supple, not ironclad. There are no doubt circumstances in which a modest initiating role for a court is appropriate......

As earlier observed, see supra, at 4, a court is not hidebound by the precise arguments of counsel, but the Ninth Circuit’s radical transformation of this case goes well beyond the pale.....

We have appointed amicus curiae: to present argument in support of the judgment below when a prevailing party has declined to defend the lower court’s decision or an aspect of it, Seila Law LLC v. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 589 U. S. ___ (2019); Holguin-Hernandez v. United States, 588 U. S. ___ (2019); Culbertson v. Berryhill, 584 U. S. ___ (2018); Lucia v. SEC, 583 U. S. ___ (2018); Beckles v. United States, 579 U. S. ___ (2016); Welch v. United States, 577 U. S. 1098 (2016); McLane Co. v. EEOC, 580 U. S. ___ (2016); Green v. Brennan, 576 U. S. 1087 (2015); Reyes Mata v. Lynch, reported sub nom. Reyes Mata v. Holder, 574 U. S. 1118 (2015); and to address the Court’s jurisdiction to decide the question presented, Montgomery v. Louisiana, 575 U. S. 933 (2015).
-------------------
(emphasis added by me)

So that decision by the Supreme Court (US v. SINENENG-SMITH) is not as directly on point nor absolute in it's holding as suggested that Sullivan is nothing more than a rubber stamp of the dismissal.

Reactions: MegaPoke
you promote yourself is an evidence based unbiased observer

in reality you’re a cherry picker

when presidents
weaponize gubmit
spy on their opposition,

build files

the possibilities are endless

that’s lost on your commentary

and it’s not trumps side

it’s the republics side

Sure thing, Boog. :rolleyes:

When and if Barr and the Boys have and present that evidence, I'll be all ears and eyes.

Investigate them, prosecute them, present your evidence in court, convict them. Put up or shut up. Let's get it on. Let's see what they got.

Until then, you're the one that is adhering strictly to the script you've been given.

I'm the one waiting to see the evidence be presented out in the open courts from original source instead of evaluated and interpreted for me through either the Altmedia or MSM biased lens.

Reactions: davidallen
“As to President Obama and Vice President Biden, whatever their level of involvement, based on the information I have today, I don’t expect Mr. Durham’s work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man," Barr said at an unrelated press conference, referring to John Durham, the U.S. attorney handpicked by the AG to review the FBI probe.

this is what you brought to the thread

never mind the central piece of evidence
that the gubmit ruined a guys career over and destroyed his finances

is “missing”

replaced with an “edited” version

then we ramble off into the legal word salad
not the basis of where this case is today

i harken back to the day when you explained how investigators and prosecutors operate with no personal accountability

that’s a real problem when they’re
dirty

when they abuse their power to operate with impunity

then get to resign

Reactions: okcpokefan12

When and if Barr and the Boys have and present that evidence, I'll be all ears and eyes.

Investigate them, prosecute them, present your evidence in court, convict them. Put up or shut up. Let's get it on. Let's see what they got.

Until then, you're the one that is adhering strictly to the script you've been given.

I'm the one waiting to see the evidence be presented out in the open courts from original source instead of evaluated and interpreted for me through either the Altmedia or MSM biased lens.

i don’t think fisa abuse is any big secret

can’t wait to see your thread

Yeah, it really is the judges job to ferret out corruption by the prosecutor. It's part of ensuring a fair trial. Hell, Flynn's attorney had explicitly asked for relief based upon alleged corruption by the prosecutor. Particularly when Flynn plead guilty, made recitations of guilty, and reaffirmed his guilty. Particularly when the government is not entitled as a matter of law to a dismissal at this point under Rule 48(a). Additionally, it appears to me that Sullivan is also looking at the possibility of contempt citations or possible perjury issues arising from Flynn's statements to the court.

Amicus briefs are incredibly common on appeal. They are less common, but not unheard of at the trial level. SCOTUS has even appointed amicus counsel to argue in replacement of prosecutors who decline to defend a conviction or prosecution.

So this is not unprecedented behavior. And at the same time, it's not the usual, everyday, run of the mill procedure. This isn't exactly the usual, everyday, run of the mill case either. Some choose to see corruption in Sullivan's order. Others choose to see corruption in the dismissal. I'm just watching the show with interest. What happens, happens.

Thank you. I'm a tech guy and not a lawyer, but I try to apply common sense. While I lean towards Flynn's position that he's been railroaded for political reasons, I am also just watching the show with interest. I certainly don't pretend that I have any influence in this.

Reactions: iasooner1
Here is a key point even speaking as someone that hates all “#xxxxxxGate”

“Bears all the breadcrumbs and evidence that RussiaGate never did”

Last edited:
Some posters don’t care that General Flynn is totally innocent! They only care about looking smart and act like they are better than others, including Sidney Powell. It’s hilarious! She’s seen the documents but they keep posting like they know more about this case than her. Totally partisan but hide behind carefully crafted words.

Some posters don’t care that General Flynn is totally innocent! They only care about looking smart and act like they are better than others, including Sidney Powell. It’s hilarious! She’s seen the documents but they keep posting like they know more about this case than her. Totally partisan but hide behind carefully crafted words.

I can present no plausible argument.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT