ADVERTISEMENT

NWCA all star match

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
Three Cowboys will be participating in Atlanta on Nov 1st. Heil, AD, and Crutchmer will be in action. Crutchmer will face Epperly; neither Heil or AD have opponents yet.
So far:
125: Moisey v Tomasello
133: Beckman v Bruno
141: Heil v Brewer
149: Clagon v Richardson
157: Minotti v Pack
165: Roshkopf v Glass
174: Crutchmer v Epperly
184: Brown v Stauffer
197: Hartmann v Huntley
285: coon v Walz

Last edited:
It seems like John hasn't always supported this so it is good to see the three wrestlers. This should be really good for Heil and Crutchmer.

Three Cowboys will be participating in Atlanta on Nov 1st. Heil, AD, and Crutchmer will be in action. Crutchmer will face Epperly; neither Heil or AD have opponents yet.
So far:
125: Moisey v ?
133: Beckman v ?
141: Heil v ?
149: Clagon v ?
157: brascetta v martinez
165: AD V ?
174: Crutchmer v Epperly
184: Brown v Avery
197: Hartmann v ?
285: coon v Walz

174 will have Flo's top two ranked wrestlers. Crutchmer and Epperly. Should be a great match if both wrestlers are in shape.

Is this confirmed, or just hoping?
I was wondering the same thing, I can't find anything on it, plus they are going different weights. At least that's the word on the street, but maybe Brewer is starting at 141 and going down later. It might clarify how they got to Beckman before the guys before him.

Reactions: andegre
Glad to see Heil in the All Star Match. I wonder if Brewer is going to use this as a barometer as to whether stays at 133 or moves to 141?

My gut feeling is that Cowboy Alum was just hoping Heil and Brewer would wrestle, but got his way. Too far in advance of the announcement.

Last edited:
Really????? No one would guess that match up.....they are not even in same weight class. Something tells me you will be paying attention to my posts!

I will be paying attention. I just thought it was wishful thinking. My thoughts are Heil got snubbed in the rankings, but who really cares it will all wash out in March. If Heil handles Brewer do you think Brewer will stay at 141?

I'm just playing with you. That's a great question. I gotta think It might be Brewers choice due to the fact that OU really is not competing for a national title. The word was there were times he struggled last year with weight. I think if he handles Heil that might help where he goes. Good luck handling Heil though. That's gonna be a great one! Can't wait!!!!

I'm just playing with you. That's a great question. I gotta think It might be Brewers choice due to the fact that OU really is not competing for a national title. The word was there were times he struggled last year with weight. I think if he handles Heil that might help where he goes. Good luck handling Heil though. That's gonna be a great one! Can't wait!!!!

No question he struggled with the cut last year.

I missed his struggle in St. Louis though. He may belong at 141 and I think his match with Heil will reflect where he belongs. I thought he had a bunch of injuries and I would imagine that makes it much harder to pull weight. Obviously he would not be wrestling 141 if 133 was an easy weight for him to maintain.

Outside of our guys the matchups at 125 and 184 seem to be the key bouts. Will be interested to see how Heil fares against who at the end of season may have been on as a good of a run as anyone and also how Crutch looks early on.

He was posting some "downer" quotes on twitter the other day. I wondered then if he got hurt or if something happened to someone close to him.

Looks like AD scratched for personal reasons and I wouldn't be surprised if Ramos then scratched, because he wasn't getting to go against AD.

Crazy deal... I'm guessing drugs are involved.

No idea, but that would be my assumption. If you listen to Alex's interview, he's asked about his brothers. I thought his response regarding Jordan was interesting then ... Now we learn of this.

Reactions: osu2082
No idea, but that would be my assumption. If you listen to Alex's interview, he's asked about his brothers. I thought his response regarding Jordan was interesting then ... Now we learn of this.
I was thinking the same thing in the interview, hope he sorts everything out.

He will likely spend some decent time behind bars.
Not trying to get on to anybody, Jordan is not on the wrestling team and I feel like this is a family matter not to be aired out on this board. My heart goes out to the Dieringer family and wish them strength through these trouble times.

Reactions: driad
Not trying to get on to anybody, Jordan is not on the wrestling team and I feel like this is a family matter not to be aired out on this board. My heart goes out to the Dieringer family and wish them strength through these trouble times.

Absolutely agree. However he is the brother of our top wrestler and one who was at one time going to also be a member of our team. Everything discussed here was in the news.

Absolutely agree. However he is the brother of our top wrestler and one who was at one time going to also be a member of our team. Everything discussed here was in the news.
I'm sure the Dieringer family appreciate your view on this matter.

I don't see anyone airing out anything. The situation is the reason Alex isn't going. It's as simple as that. Hope it all sorts out for everyone.

I'm sure the Dieringer family appreciate your view on this matter.

Again nothing being discussed here is anything that isn't public record or hasn't been written about via a news outlet.

I hope for the kid, AD and his family that good comes from the situation but this is a public message board where situations exactly like this are discussed.

That was some awesome scrambling great match but man Heil needs to work on his gas tank you could see he was very tired after that last takedown he got

I wouldn't worry about his gas tank at this point of the season. Coach Smith I'm sure has been really pushing these guys and was not real concerned about this dual from a individual preperation standpoint.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT