ADVERTISEMENT

Not political car question

driad

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
@2012Bearcat my daughter just got her license and 16 yr old. I got 20,000 to spend, safety if my #1 concern. Should I get Subaru, Mazda, Toyota ? Do you recommend 2 wheel or all wheel drive. Thanks .

@2012Bearcat my daughter just got her license and 16 yr old. I got 20,000 to spend, safety if my #1 concern. Should I get Subaru, Mazda, Toyota ? Do you recommend 2 wheel or all wheel drive. Thanks .
I'm assuming you want her to have a car? You can't go wrong with Toyota but they maybe a little pricey. If I were you I would consider a KIA. My wife is on her 7th Optima (Now K5). She drives 30K to 40K miles a year and we've never had a problem. Inexpensive, reliable, cheap maintenance cost and they hold their resale as good as any vehicle out there.
I can't stand Subarus, decent car but repairs are a pain in the ass. Mazda is a decent car but not on the level of Toyota or KIA especially when considering resale. Hyundai is another one I would consider.

I'm assuming you want her to have a car? You can't go wrong with Toyota but they maybe a little pricey. If I were you I would consider a KIA. My wife is on her 7th Optima (Now K5). She drives 30K to 40K miles a year and we've never had a problem. Inexpensive, reliable, cheap maintenance cost and they hold their resale as good as any vehicle out there.
I can't stand Subarus, decent car but repairs are a pain in the ass. Mazda is a decent car but not on the level of Toyota or KIA especially when considering resale. Hyundai is another one I would consider.
I was debating Toyota Rav 4, Mazda CX5, to Subaru Crosstreck Forester or Ascent. Not buying anything from the Tulsa Kia or Fowler Toyota locations, they are Sooner donors

Reactions: EZ Reyes
I was debating Toyota Rav 4, Mazda CX5, to Subaru Crosstreck Forester or Ascent. Not buying anything from the Tulsa Kia or Fowler Toyota locations, they are Sooner donors
I don't buy used cars from dealers. Either I buy from individuals or I have contacts to buy from the different auctions. With all the online service available to research vehicles by VIN# you can be assured you are not buying a car that has been wrecked or has a lengthy service record, Yes it requires a little more than walking on a lot and finding a car but it can also save you thousands,

ryan win GIF

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT