ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Lineup

I like it that you've come around a little on him. When I spoke to him at Tulsa, I couldn't believe how big he was! At 65, I bet he eats a steak and baked potato and immediately weighs 185.
I got a little lazy on Dean tbh because I've had a busy work week. I remember his efforts but when I looked back at the performance pattern in tournaments, it screamed weight problem. I agree that Dean is primed for a huge season now that he is at a better weight. Still not sure top 2. I'd like to see him at 174 first and against good competition.

It may also look like

149 - SVN
157 - Kasak
165 - MM
174 - Haines

Haines isn't making 157 again. Kasak may RS so take that potential lineup for what it's worth.
Not sure if this was mentioned but in Flo's rankings, I seen that they had Haines at 174. How do you think he does there if that is where he ends up?

It may also look like

149 - SVN
157 - Kasak
165 - MM
174 - Haines

Haines isn't making 157 again. Kasak may RS so take that potential lineup for what it's worth.
Here is what Flo says:

Davis #5 Figueroa #1
Nagao #7 Crookham #1
Beau #3 Alirez #1
Van Ness #2 Henson #1
Kasak #4 Teemer #1
MM #1
Haines #2 O’Toole #1
Barr #24 Keckeisen #1
Cstar #1
Kerk #1

I have heard Davis may RS and true freshman Lillendahl may slot into 125. Then Davis takes Nagao slot in 2025-26 as a RSSO. At 184, you have Barr/Ryder/Facundo possibly vying for that slot.

Reactions: AtownPoke
If you watched Facundo kick the snot out of his PSU teammates at the Trials, it's extremely difficult to imagine the PSU lineup without him in it, unless Cael has stopped caring about winning.
This is where freestyle doesn't necessarily predict future success in folkstyle. Facundo was impressive at OTT. No doubt. How is he going to do under different takedown rules? No pushout rule? In top position? In down position? He is a great wrestler but I'd like to see more.

This is where freestyle doesn't necessarily predict future success in folkstyle. Facundo was impressive at OTT. No doubt. How is he going to do under different takedown rules? No pushout rule? In top position? In down position? He is a great wrestler but I'd like to see more.
Probably about like he did dominating folkstyle his whole life. Weird flex trying to downplay a guy's dominance over 2 different national champions.

Oklahoma State's Projected 2024-25 Lineup:​

125: #9 Troy Spratley

133: Cael Hughes
He will go through growing pains

141: #11 Tagen Jamison/ can we try him up a weight and move Carter down

149: #18 Jordan Williams/Carter Young/
I know the consensus is he (Williams)has upside but I’m not sure his mental is strong enough to be great.

157: #12 Teague Travis/Cam Amine/Caleb Fish

165: #6 Cam Amine/#11 Caleb Fish

174: #5 Dean Hamiti

184: #2 Dustin Plott

197: #21 Luke Surber/Christian Carroll

285: #2 Wyatt Hendrickson

Probably about like he did dominating folkstyle his whole life. Weird flex trying to downplay a guy's dominance over 2 different national champions.
Last I saw Alex in folkstyle, he went 19-6 for the season but was 0-2 at nationals. He has made great strides during his year off, but I think I have the right to ask for more proof on his folkstyle skill set before selecting him over a current NCAA champ. No?

I hope we are all being honest here. I bleed blue but I'm a realist too.

Reactions: vhsalum and hlstone
Then you haven't been paying attention.

Facundo is a MUCH better freestyler than folk. If you watched his matches - he still struggles to get to legs. In freestyle that's not as big of a deal because of pushouts and his ability to get tips/exposures.

None of that matters in folk.

Orange colored glasses

Imagine this in '26
125- Spratley (Looking for AA or Podium)

133- Rin or McComas (who knows)

141- Cael Hughes (looking for AA or podium)

149- Tagen (looking to Podium)

157-JWill / Dee (looking for AA or Podium)

165-Dee / Fish (looking for AA or podium)

174-Hamiti (looking to Podium)

184-Plott (Going for Gold)

197-CC (looking for Podium)

285- Hendrickson (Going for Gold)

I wonder is Hendrickson is allowed to redshirt. Like permission from the Air Force and stuff. Also if they are redshirting they should be all in for U23’s

I wonder is Hendrickson is allowed to redshirt. Like permission from the Air Force and stuff. Also if they are redshirting they should be all in for U23’s
I think he has the ability to RS but not positive. He is one of those COVID guys without having taken a prior RS.

Last edited:
Reactions: bwel9339
Also if they are redshirting they should be all in for U23’s
Hendrickson is 2nd in line for U23 worlds if Kerk doesn’t take I believe. No need to wrestle the event.

Also, he mentioned on his announcement pod cast he had a summer trip planned with buddies and while he will be finding rooms to scrap in along the way it didn’t sound like he has plans for any events.

Reactions: AtownPoke
I might be in the minority here but I would prefer to not do a mass redshirt. Go out and get second this year. Bring in a stud class and fill gaps again with portal. Establish we are back NOW.
Versus a shot of WINNING IT?! Come on dude.

Keep in mind how well I think DT will develop these guys. You’re going to want to have them in the room for 2 years.

The rest of the world loses:

Kerk
Starocci
Plott
KOT

that puts you with 2 guys who start the season at #1, Hamiti likely #2.

3 finalists puts you in the conversation.

And with the focus on culture and year over year improvement and discipline- you’re not going to lose guys mentally during redshirt years.

I might be in the minority here but I would prefer to not do a mass redshirt. Go out and get second this year. Bring in a stud class and fill gaps again with portal. Establish we are back NOW.
I’d rather win a NC in the first two years.

There is no winning next year. We’d be wasting the last year of a lot of high end guys when they could take a year and truly have a chance at winning a Gold

Last edited:
I will tell you what I've said to AtownPoke. Trust the process and trust DT. You may not like everything that is done, but there is always a reason for it. It's all about perception. Which is better. 95 point next year, and 95 point in 2026 (made up numbers), or 60 next year and 120 in 2026. Which is more exciting for recruits? It's about sustainability and growth. It's about marketing the program. Trust the process.

Last edited:
No need to horde talent moving forward as people are going to be pushing people out of the way to come to OSU.

It’s go time, time to start winning.

OSU will, at minimum, be getting all the top guys who don’t go to PSU. There will be more head to head recruiting matchups and OSU will begin to pick off guys that are on an entirely different level.

Alabama/Georgia

Oklahoma State's Projected 2024-25 Lineup:​

125: #9 Troy Spratley

133: Cael Hughes
He will go through growing pains

141: #11 Tagen Jamison/ can we try him up a weight and move Carter down

149: #18 Jordan Williams/Carter Young/
I know the consensus is he (Williams)has upside but I’m not sure his mental is strong enough to be great.

157: #12 Teague Travis/Cam Amine/Caleb Fish

165: #6 Cam Amine/#11 Caleb Fish

174: #5 Dean Hamiti

184: #2 Dustin Plott

197: #21 Luke Surber/Christian Carroll

285: #2 Wyatt Hendrickson
For reference, Jordan Williams beat Carter Young 15-2.

Additionally, although Young looked like a 133 when he showed up, that ship seems to have said. He’s walking around in the low 160s.

I guess I'll be the headwind here. There is a great upside to punting next year and hitting the sport very hard in 2026. Cael did it, and I expect DT to do it as well. It's about momentum. It's about recruiting. It's about long term. TRUST your new coach whatever he decides. He's no dummy. Every time I doubted Cael I was wrong.

I guess I'll be the headwind here. There is a great upside to punting next year and hitting the sport very hard in 2026. Cael did it, and I expect DT to do it as well. It's about momentum. It's about recruiting. It's about long term. TRUST your new coach whatever he decides. He's no dummy. Every time I doubted Cael I was wrong.
I want golds and championships. D!ck measuring in recruiting doesn’t matter to me at this point. I want Plott to get one BADDD!!! He’s just not doing that with Keck out there. I love Wyatt. He’s been my favorite non OSU wrestler over the last couple years. I want him to get a gold. I want to run the block where in matters… on the mat at NCAAs. That’s not happening this year and neither are golds. Both can legit happen next year. And the chances aren’t as good with new recruits and transfers next year

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT