ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Lineup

So there’s not many rankings out yet and I don’t love wrestlestat, but it does kinda seem like an RPI type ranking. Anyways here it is right now.

125 - Spratley 13
133 - Hughes 70
141 - Jamison 17
149 - Williams 13
157 - Travis 11
165 - Fish 10
174 - Hamiti 2
184 - Plott 2
197 - Carroll 224
285 - Hendrickson 2

Ignore Hughes and Carroll. No matches to base it off of. Surprised to see Hamiti at 2 but I sure hope so!

Again wrestlestat is not my preferred rankings but it’s available. I do use them a lot to see wins/losses type stuff.

That's pretty unbiased. Thank you.

I love Carroll, but I remember true freshman Zain Retherford at 141. Beat Logan in regular season but it's hard to deny veteran experience. I think he is a definite AA but not top 4 for that reason. 197 is tougher to AA as a frosh than 141 imo.

Agree with heavy. Wyatt is top 3. Don't think he wins but will place 2nd or 3rd based on bracket. Never know wIth DT as coach.

184: Plott is really good. He is definitely top 4, if not top 2. Carter is likely 197 so not concerned here.

174: I can see Hamiti AA'ing here but he has to jump a level next year. He only scored 5 points at nationals last year, going 2-2. Low AA is my call.

165: I agree. Fish is a blood round guy. 2-3 points.

I don't know enough about the rest of the lineup to give an opinion. That said, I can see 165-heavy providing around 50-55 points.

Unfortunately, I don't see you getting to 100 next year. I can see 80-90 though and a fight for 2nd/3rd.
I’ll jump in here.

I think you are selling Hamiti way short. Right now, the weight is pretty top heavy with studs and I think Hamiti is in there…5 guys. He’s in a room with arguably, still the best Wrestler in the world banging with him.

I’ll put 100 to your NIL if you’ll do the same to ours that Hamiti is an AA, barring injury. I’ll do another 50 that he’s Top 5.

Other than that, I’ll give you my best shot with another bet or two. You don’t have to take the bets…just thought it makes it more fun.

25 - Spratley, another 100 that he is an AA. He was so competitive (equal) to everyone on the podium that his level jump doesn’t have to big to AA. TG and Fix make this guy a title contender in my opinion. Again, barring injury.

33 - this one will be tough for the youngster. Decent cut and a stout weight class. If he makes the bloods, I’ll be satisfied.

41 - who knows? Jamison is a stud, but the cut was tough and he flamed out. Again, im satisfied with a blood round.

49 - His buy in and commitment will be paramount for him. If he’s what he could be, he’s going to be fun. Again, until that’s realized, blood round.

57 - I love this guy! Straight up grit and determination with decent talent. I honestly expect him to AA.

65 - I know nothing about this guy.

74 - I’ve covered this one.

84 - I expect the same 20 points from him.

97 - I honestly see this young man make some noise. I predict he’s an AA and scores some points!

HW - yeah, my favorite the last few years. Depending on seed, he’s a finalist and scores over 20 points.

I’ll put another 50 that we bust 95.

I think Troy is gonna make a level jump with Gilman. I’m really hopeful he can AA. He has wins over a couple returning AAs and his only bad loss was still a top 20 opponent where he got stuck. The bad thing for him at this weight is not a lot of graduates after last year.
Why do we always gloss over him beating Figs (majored him)

Why do we always gloss over him beating Figs (majored him)
Not to derail the thread…

This is a great point. Shows you the top end potential. Spratley has the “want to”. The next level for him is to learn to be consistent.

Reactions: AtownPoke
I’ll jump in here.

I think you are selling Hamiti way short. Right now, the weight is pretty top heavy with studs and I think Hamiti is in there…5 guys. He’s in a room with arguably, still the best Wrestler in the world banging with him.

I’ll put 100 to your NIL if you’ll do the same to ours that Hamiti is an AA, barring injury. I’ll do another 50 that he’s Top 5.

Other than that, I’ll give you my best shot with another bet or two. You don’t have to take the bets…just thought it makes it more fun.

25 - Spratley, another 100 that he is an AA. He was so competitive (equal) to everyone on the podium that his level jump doesn’t have to big to AA. TG and Fix make this guy a title contender in my opinion. Again, barring injury.

33 - this one will be tough for the youngster. Decent cut and a stout weight class. If he makes the bloods, I’ll be satisfied.

41 - who knows? Jamison is a stud, but the cut was tough and he flamed out. Again, im satisfied with a blood round.

49 - His buy in and commitment will be paramount for him. If he’s what he could be, he’s going to be fun. Again, until that’s realized, blood round.

57 - I love this guy! Straight up grit and determination with decent talent. I honestly expect him to AA.

65 - I know nothing about this guy.

74 - I’ve covered this one.

84 - I expect the same 20 points from him.

97 - I honestly see this young man make some noise. I predict he’s an AA and scores some points!

HW - yeah, my favorite the last few years. Depending on seed, he’s a finalist and scores over 20 points.

I’ll put another 50 that we bust 95.
I'm rooting for Hamiti to jump in the OSU room. I think he can, but top 4 will be a challenge. If he does, that will show DT's value as a coach. I think he is an AA next year so not taking that bet. Not that I am against bets.

Come back to me early next year with a bet on nationals. I'd like to see the guys in action first. I hope you guys go to the Southern Scuffle. I'd like to see them in person.

That's pretty unbiased. Thank you.

I love Carroll, but I remember true freshman Zain Retherford at 141. Beat Logan in regular season but it's hard to deny veteran experience. I think he is a definite AA but not top 4 for that reason. 197 is tougher to AA as a frosh than 141 imo.

Agree with heavy. Wyatt is top 3. Don't think he wins but will place 2nd or 3rd based on bracket. Never know wIth DT as coach.

184: Plott is really good. He is definitely top 4, if not top 2. Carter is likely 197 so not concerned here.

174: I can see Hamiti AA'ing here but he has to jump a level next year. He only scored 5 points at nationals last year, going 2-2. Low AA is my call.

165: I agree. Fish is a blood round guy. 2-3 points.

I don't know enough about the rest of the lineup to give an opinion. That said, I can see 165-heavy providing around 50-55 points.

Unfortunately, I don't see you getting to 100 next year. I can see 80-90 though and a fight for 2nd/3rd.
I think the goal next year will to beat Iowa. They will have a tough team. Even though we have a tough team and I feel better than last year, plus with the new staff, Iowa is tough and will be hard to beat. I feel we can do it.

I think the goal next year will to beat Iowa. They will have a tough team. Even though we have a tough team and I feel better than last year, plus with the new staff, Iowa is tough and will be hard to beat. I feel we can do it.
It will be a good battle. I can see it go 5-5. I think Ayala goes 133, so Spratley has a good shot to win at 125, and you guys will be favored to win or be very competitive from 174-heavy. Iowa is good in the middle but where they shake out is anybody's guess.

Exactly. Long view. I don't see hamiti at #2 either. He went 2-2 last year. He may jump this year but 2 seems like a stretch to me.
Hamiti will get better coaching at OSU than he got at Whiskey. To my eye, he’s made only minor adjustments since his freshman year. After a couple of seasons we think we know what he is (exciting guy with sub par tactics in big tilts), but David will make sure he gets needed help with Mat awareness.

Hamiti will get better coaching at OSU than he got at Whiskey. To my eye, he’s made only minor adjustments since his freshman year. After a couple of seasons we think we know what he is (exciting guy with sub par tactics in big tilts), but David will make sure he gets needed help with Mat awareness.
No doubt he will improve, but to go from 2-2 to top 2 in a season seems like too much to expect at this point. I'd like to re-visit after the holiday tournaments. A bunch of guys will be sticking around for the summer. It will be interesting what the team looks like on the mat come Nov/Dec.

No doubt he will improve, but to go from 2-2 to top 2 in a season seems like too much to expect at this point. I'd like to re-visit after the holiday tournaments. A bunch of guys will be sticking around for the summer. It will be interesting what the team looks like on the mat come Nov/Dec.
Flo ranking has him at 5 which based on who left the weight seems more reasonable.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Willie's crystal ball has Spratley and Hughes and CC in the blood round. Jamison, Williams, Travis in the R16. These weights are still really deep boys. CC for instance will need to beat a Salazar (whos moving up) or an Allred which I think he can. I do think we have more than 4 AAs.

Yep - he looked the part at the trials. I watched all his matches and he displayed man strength and great mat awareness.
Really interested to see Carroll in orange as well, but am curious whether the cut to 197 is too much. Heard that it was tough for him to make 214 at the Trials. Not gospel by any means, just heard it, so no knowledge of its accuracy. Anyone here know??

Really interested to see Carroll in orange as well, but am curious whether the cut to 197 is too much. Heard that it was tough for him to make 214 at the Trials. Not gospel by any means, just heard it, so no knowledge of its accuracy. Anyone here know??
I did not hear it was difficult, but the time frame for it v next season might’ve been shorter I guess.

I think there is a solid chance that we see some surprising stuff with the weights. DT doesn’t like people cutting too much. It’s something I’ve seen him talk about many times. I could honestly see everyone from 133 to 149 going up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT