ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruiting Thread

As long as it isn’t PSU I’m good with it. OhSt ha has trouble in developing their blue chippers IMO so I like it even more.
There is a definite disconnect with development there. They should manage some pretty good finishes with their current halls but sustainability seems to be an issue

Reactions: osu2082
There is a definite disconnect with development there. They should manage some pretty good finishes with their current halls but sustainability seems to be an issue
A weird concern of mine is OU’s current crop. I am a self declared “non-hater” of OU, especially when they have Oklahoma bred home athletes. I hope they can get the proper coaching there to develop all these studs they are bringing in. I would hate to have all that talent waisted.

A weird concern of mine is OU’s current crop. I am a self declared “non-hater” of OU, especially when they have Oklahoma bred home athletes. I hope they can get the proper coaching there to develop all these studs they are bringing in. I would hate to have all that talent waisted.
Spoiler alert: it will be wasted (unless they make a change).

Ohio St adds another commit for 2023, #17 overall Kilkeary. Their lineup will be stacked for the next 5 or 6 years.

Last edited:
Ohio St adds another commit for 2023, #17 overall Kilkeary. Their lineup will be stacked for the next 5 or 6 years.
Ohio state has a phenomenal new facility and they have a descent RTC. Those are definite draws to a program. I like the direction our program is trending. We’ve had a ton of success with a majority of in-state talent. That speaks quite well for Oklahoma’s youth programs and for the ability of the staff to prepare the athletes. I guess you can’t have everything, unless you’re PSU

Apparently RBY announced this will be his final season at PSU. That would make next year's team race even more interesting. PSU will probably target a high profile transfer at 133, but it'll be tough to match RBY's points.

Reactions: JAY45 and osu2082
Top 25 overall recruit in 2023 and has such a high ceiling. Another one of those kids who doesn’t fully focus on wrestling yet. Projects as a HWY and has a chance to be a multiple time NC contender IMO.

Big time athlete. These are the types of kids who usually choose football and wrestling loses. Glad to see he made this call.

Last edited:
The is probably no safer bet than Blankenship and Robb will still be playing football up to Thursday, Dec 2 which is 6A-II state championship. Ironman is the weekend of Dec 11. Can they get wrestling ready including weight in a week?

Another thing about the Ironman tourney is that Ohio adopted new weight classes. Robb would have to go either 190 or 215. Blankenship wouldn't be impacted.

263076911_4596202477101558_5204679213224170383_n.jpg

Reactions: DPJ and Ok_Longhorn
What class is he?
Class of 23'

Taking visits is a challenge given his football schedule, which sees him playing on most Saturdays. But a number of top national programs are after the talented (and out-going) Mullen and making a push for him.

“The hardest, I would say in wrestling are North Carolina, Michigan, Rutgers, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Arizona State, Virginia Tech,” Mullen said.

“In football: West Virginia, Cincinnati, Maryland, Temple, UConn, and Pitt.”

He skipped state last year if I read it correctly and went to world team trial with good friend P.J. Casale, who is now at Rutgers or committed to them.

This commitment could be another reason that Carter Young came out of redshirt. He could redshirt Daton's senior year and Carters junior year. Then maybe he could wrestle 133 his redshirt freshman year and then go to 141 his sophomore year. With this depth redshirting Carter makes less sense. I thought Cael should have gone to cadet worlds but he got beat in the last 30 seconds of a match he was dominating. It was painful to watch.

Another great pick-up in Hughes. Another stud in the room pushing to make themselves and everybody else better. Anybody know what Jimmy Mullen is ranked P4P in the 2023 class?

Reactions: osu2082
Another great pick-up in Hughes. Another stud in the room pushing to make themselves and everybody else better. Anybody know what Jimmy Mullen is ranked P4P in the 2023 class?
He is ranked #8 P4P in Flo's rankings and just a junior. Watched several of his matches and he will be outstanding.

Reactions: turfpoke
And here are the rankings based on Willie's 2023 Big Board...

Jimmy Mullen #5
Braedan Davis #7
Cael Hughes #18
Jersey Robb #22

Mullen is also a 3 star football prospect with offers from Temple & Rutgers. One of his HS wrestling coaches is Austin Schafer.

Braedan Davis commits to PSU. Not too surprised really. They jumped in late as they have some questions at 125/133 going forward.

Sophomore Christopher Kiser of Ponca City just won the Stampede @ 106. Could be an in-state answer for 125.

Saw an interview with Braedan Davis, seems like a good kid. Said he expects to wrestle 133 in college. That would've been crowded with Blankenship & Hughes around the same weight.

Jimmy Mullen would be a huge pickup at heavy. I don't know our odds, but I would add the scholly $ reserved for Davis & Balmeceda to Mullen's offer. He's wrestling in Powerade on Flo and could hit Feldman in the finals.

Saw an interview with Braedan Davis, seems like a good kid. Said he expects to wrestle 133 in college. That would've been crowded with Blankenship & Hughes around the same weight.

Jimmy Mullen would be a huge pickup at heavy. I don't know our odds, but I would add the scholly $ reserved for Davis & Balmeceda to Mullen's offer. He's wrestling in Powerade on Flo and could hit Feldman in the finals.
Mullen was here on a visit recently. And the other day I ventured onto the Iowa board 🤮 and someone on there said that we were the leader for him rn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT