ADVERTISEMENT

NEO & SDSU on 11/16

oberebo

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Oct 30, 2005
Shawnee,OK
It will be interesting to see who will compete at this double dual. 125,141,157,174 are weights that are not fully decided and will not be after these two duals. We may not have starters at a lot of the weights but I do not know the thinking of the coaches on whether to start any or all of the top wrestlers. I have heard that the coaches want to have the starting lineup determined by the end of the Lindenwood tournament. Does that mean, for instance, that Jordan Rogers will wrestle one of the two duals and Crutchmer wrestle the other dual? Do Koo and Marsteller do the same or Davey Dolan and Joe Schumacher? At 125 Eddie is back on the team but does he wrestle prior to the 2nd semester or start after Jan. 1? It would appear that Austin Miller might be the starter at 125 but I think that the replacement for Eddie this semester will be determined in ranking matches this week. Miller had a strong showing at OCU and looked good but we have not seen Cline or Gentzler this year.

At the present time the weights that on paper appear to be settled are Dean Heil at 133, Josh Kindig at 149, Alex Dierenger at 165, Nolan Boyd at 184, Austin Schafer at 197 and Austin Marsden at Heavyweight.

One other question that just struck me is do we start this season with three AUSTINS in the lineup at 125,197 and heavyweight? I plan to be in Miami to find out answers to these questions and also to see if a certain SDSU Jack Rabbit alumni makes the trip from Sioux City. Will you be there Goose?

Just curious, why do you say the 133 spot is settled for Dean Heil? He lost 2 ranking matches to Harding and Krutchmer.

I know there are other variables besides ranking matches, but why do you think Heil has the 133 spot?

Obe's post was prior to the ranking matches which put 133 up in the air. I am glad the coaches are trying to nail down the lineup earlier this year. IN the past IMO we have let some weights drag out way to long to the detriment of both guys. Now some of the FR with very high ceilings could always come off RS at semester but I like we are targeting the tourney in a few weeks to settle things.

I'm not a Jackrabbit alum, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. I will be there, along with the Captain.

Looking forward to the road trip and hopefully better weather than what we have,and of course some good wrestling and meeting up with you great OSU fans.

OK, done sucking up. :)

Dean Heil had a bad day Saturday and most probably due to the weight cutting. I am not sure who will be in the lineup Sunday but any of the three, Harding, Crutchmer or Heil could be in the mix. I do still think that by Lindenwood that Heil will be the starter but he has to prove it on the mat and at that weight. It is easier to defeat Harding and Cruitchmer in practice when you weight probably 10 pounds more than either but more difficult when you have to make scratch weight. I understand that the coaches insisted on the wrestlers making the actual weight with no allowance on Saturday.

What are the rules for redshirting in wrestling? I would hate to burn any of the true freshman shirts or collicas if they don't end up as the starter for the season. I should also throw Klimara in that list.

if any wrestler wrestles in a dual or tournament attached to OSU will lose their RS. So who ever you see at these two duals will have lost there RS but if they are egurable for a RS they can always use it in another year.

Originally posted by mike tognetti:
if any wrestler wrestles in a dual or tournament attached to OSU will lose their RS. So who ever you see at these two duals will have lost there RS but if they are egurable for a RS they can always use it in another year.
EGURABLE- This is a technical term used by red shirt experts or just another example of spell check going Texan.
However, we get the gist of the conversation.

I seem to have a problem with my spell check all the time!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I assume these duals are at the NEO field house? We plan to be there, weather permitting.

Unless they are sure Anthony can go at 157, I would not expect to see him this weekend, since this is egurably the best year for him to redshirt. Same with Chance. There should be some pretty good match-ups, regardless of who we send out there. Looking forward to the season.

It is at the field house. It is a small field house so I would get there early. That may just be me being optimistic but with the fans in Miami wanting to see their team and with Northeast Cowboy fans it could be crowded-I hope.

Oberebo, where in Mimia will the match be held? My son wants to attend and needs directions. I am not planning on attending. Thanks

In google maps enter 36.878° N, 94.865° W and you get NEO university. Where is the field house from there?

NEO campus map. According to their site, the fieldhouse seats approximately 1200. It is in the upper left corner of the map.

I noticed there is also a building labelled "Wrestling" on the right side of the map, opposite end of the campus. It looks bigger than the fieldhouse.

From the NEO Wrestling web site:
"The Golden Norsemen open the season on Sunday, October 26th at 2:00 PM with the annual Blue and Gold Intra-Squad match in the Student Activities Center. The marquee matchup for November will have the defending National Champion Norsemen wrestling program raising the bar with a home dual meet against NCAA Division 1 perennial power Oklahoma State on Sunday, November 16, at 4:00 PM. This is an exciting challenge for the second year program. Oklahoma State finished third at the 2014 NCAA Division 1 Championships and is currently a pre-season 2015 top ten team. Also on November 16th Oklahoma State will wrestle South Dakota State at 6:00 PM. Oklahoma State is coached by two time Olympic Gold Medal winner John Smith. These matches will be held in the NEO Field House and will include an opportunity for purchasing reserved seating in advance."
This post was edited on 11/14 9:38 AM by cachap5327

NEO Campus Map

http://www.gojacks.com/pdf9/2971939.pdf

went to sdsu wrestling page and saw probable line up for this weekend. they had collica slated as the only 57 pounder.... hoping for collica to red shirt and to see what torres can bring to the table.

I compared Google Maps with the campus map on the link above and they don't match exactly. Google shows one, long building where the map show one, or possibly two, smaller buildings.

Enter 36.8805° N, 94.8644° W in Google Maps for the building that is in the same place as the one marked "Fieldhouse" on the map. Id this the right building?

One hour and 15 minutes from my house in Broken Arrow
This post was edited on 11/14 10:06 AM by Old Number Nine

Just got off the phone with Lisa (I believe) at NEO (918-540-6327) where I bought two tickets (general admission) for $10 each which are good for both matches. She told me that she did not anticipate that there would be any tickets sold at the door as she thought there wouldn't be any left. Just FYI.

I also asked her where the field house was and she gave me directions that where so convoluted that I'd probably end up in Talequah if I tried to use them.

Originally posted by Old Number Nine:

Just got off the phone with Lisa (I believe) at NEO (918-540-6327) where I bought two tickets (general admission) for $10 each which are good for both matches. She told me that she did not anticipate that there would be any tickets sold at the door as she thought there wouldn't be any left. Just FYI.

I also asked her where the field house was and she gave me directions that where so convoluted that I'd probably end up in Talequah if I tried to use them.
Good to know. Thanks. Would hate to drive 7 hours, spend 2 1/2 days and not be able to get in.

I just talked with Lisa, too. I ignored her convoluted directions, but was able to get out of her that the wrestling will be in the building marked "GYM" on the map, which is different from the field house. The Gym is across from the softball field. She suggested parking in the lot between the Health Sciences Center and the Wrestling practice facility.

I already had tickets (thanks to mrsokstatefan) but I called and got voice mail for Lisa and left message that I needed tickets hopefully she will call back. Tognetti decided to come (late) and I am trying to secure a ticket for him. Many people hope I am not successful. Micco spent a year on wrestling scholarship at NEO but that was about 30 years ago and I do not remember anything about the campus-but it is small so should not be a problem.

I don't know why she didn't just tell me that, I told her I was looking at "fieldhouse" on the map.

For those how care the "Gym" is at 36.8782° N, 94.86497° W on Google Maps.

Lineups shown on the SDSU sight:

125 Austin Miller vs. Isaac Andrade (5-3)
133 Dean Heil or Brian Crutchmer vs. Brance Simmons (7-2)
141 Alex Kocer (0-0) or Luke Zilverberg vs. Dolan or Schumacher
149 Collin Holler (9-1) vs. Kindig
157 Cody Pack #15 vs. Anthony Collica
165 Joe Brewster (3-2) vs. Alex Dierenger
174 John Nething vs Rogers or Crutchmer
184 Brady Ayers vs. Nolan Boyd
197 Nate Rotert (6-1) vs. Austin Schafer
285 JJ Everard (6-1) Austin Marsden #4

Originally posted by oberebo:

I already had tickets (thanks to mrsokstatefan) but I called and got voice mail for Lisa and left message that I needed tickets hopefully she will call back. Tognetti decided to come (late) and I am trying to secure a ticket for him. Many people hope I am not successful. Micco spent a year on wrestling scholarship at NEO but that was about 30 years ago and I do not remember anything about the campus-but it is small so should not be a problem.
I got a message too. If you get through, get me 1. Will pay when I see you.

Done deal Goose however the bad news is that they are reserved and you will be sitting with Tognetti.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I called (918) 542-8441 and said i wanted to buy tickets and they transferred me to a live person that sold me tickets if this helps anyone.

Lisa called me back and had no problems getting the tickets although at first she said they had no reserve left but then said she had two. Figured Goose and Tognetti could afford the extra five bucks.

Now just wait a minute. Lisa told me that I got the last two reserved seats. I am NOT sharing a seat with Tognetti!

Originally posted by oberebo:

Lisa called me back and had no problems getting the tickets although at first she said they had no reserve left but then said she had two. Figured Goose and Tognetti could afford the extra five bucks.
May have to go with the generic diet soda
wink.r191677.gif

Projected lineups are out and Collica is the only one shown at 157.

Just talked with collica he said hes going 157 and he feels good and strong so there we have it. No red shirt...

Anybody with any results or info? I would greatly appreciate it! Nothing on twitter as was supposed to happen per the OSU media dept.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT