ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA

#2 seed at 197 just went down. #7 seed upset by Woodley from OU.

2082, thanks for the info on plott. Really wished he was totally healthy to see how he stacked up.

#2 seed at 197 just went down. #7 seed upset by Woodley from OU.
I believe the NDSU wrestler was top- ranked for the big 12. He had a shoulder injury made worse by having to wrestle AJ. This wrestler had beaten Buchanan earlier this year. The #2 seed got a piss-poor draw in wrestling the NDSU kid. I’m glad Woodley got a win, he seems like a good kid.

Reactions: osu2082
We really need to find a HWT in the worst way....Austin Harris is a good kid, but he should not be wrestling at the D1 level.
Wish we’d have gotten guy at Penn St. What’s the story? Wasn’t he a commit at 1 point?

I believe the NDSU wrestler was top- ranked for the big 12. He had a shoulder injury made worse by having to wrestle AJ. This wrestler had beaten Buchanan earlier this year. The #2 seed got a piss-poor draw in wrestling the NDSU kid. I’m glad Woodley got a win, he seems like a good kid.
You are thinking of Tanner Sloan who wrestles for South Dakota State.

The 197 pounder that took out the #2 seed Schultz from Nebraska was from NDSU not Sloan that had the injury. I do not recall a #2 seed losing in the first round since Mark Branch in 1994. I am a little surprised he got a bid. AJ gets Sloan in the next round whom he beat in the quarters at the Big 12's. Since then Sloan has had a shoulder injury, but he is tough and not a draw most would want in an early round.
Also sucks that Adams of West Virginia and Buchanan of Wyoming meet in the next round.

Reactions: osu2082
South Dakota/North Dakota-what’s the difference?
I knew Sloan was from one of those schools and I don’t recall a 197 from the other school. Sloan had tape on his shoulder against AJ and a lot of tape on it the next day.
It is ashame that the big 12 wrestlers are meeting up so early. I felt all 4 of them could cause issues for the rest of the wrestlers in the brackets.

Reactions: JAY45
I knew Sloan was from one of those schools and I don’t recall a 197 from the other school. Sloan had tape on his shoulder against AJ and a lot of tape on it the next day.
It is ashame that the big 12 wrestlers are meeting up so early. I felt all 4 of them could cause issues for the rest of the wrestlers in the brackets.

One could look at the brackets, seeding, and a few select ref inconsistencies and conclude that the deck has been stacked against the Big 12. Conspiracy generator! I think the Rivals political forum has those covered nicely, though 😆 Go Pokes!

I know what you mean, I used to confuse Oklahoma and Arkansas, I knew one of em had a skinny panhandle couldn't remember which and other than that what's the diff? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
;)

Reactions: JAY45
Is referee #6 the guy that had the quick stalemate call in Daton’s finals match? I’m watching the earlier broadcast. There was a 2 point match with 10-15 seconds left. The top wrestler was leading and dropped right down to the ankle. Ref didn’t even start the count and let time run out.

I get the teams confused, but Sloan stuck out to me. Confusing OK and AR is an insult. Not sure who is insulted, but one should be!

The 197 pounder that took out the #2 seed Schultz from Nebraska was from NDSU not Sloan that had the injury. I do not recall a #2 seed losing in the first round since Mark Branch in 1994. I am a little surprised he got a bid. AJ gets Sloan in the next round whom he beat in the quarters at the Big 12's. Since then Sloan has had a shoulder injury, but he is tough and not a draw most would want in an early round.
Also sucks that Adams of West Virginia and Buchanan of Wyoming meet in the next round.
I think Jamal Parks was a 2 seed as a senior and lost in the first round

Demas is a shell of himself offensively. Still a very solid wrestler with great defense but man has hit a wall on the feet.

Loses to 21 seed Woods (under seeded) in round 2 in OT 3-1.

Reactions: NCcowboy
Demas isn't celebrating like he did when he beat an OSU kid that weighed 127 lbs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT