ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA PORTAL

Tom Ryan was in a serious car accident. The off season has not been good for Ohio state. Last year Sasso this year Ryan.

Reactions: bwel9339
Any new news on Hendrickson? I was thinking with the "Do Not Contact" as part of his transfer portal entry, that it would be announced quickly.

That’s why I said I’m hoping it’s just because they want to break the coach news first and with the trials and nationals they couldn’t do it last week.

All this portal stuff is making me sick. Pretty soon it will just be a 8-10 schools with every AA and the rest of the schools will be scoring 1-2 points at the NCAA tourney. Heaven forbid a small mid major get an AA. He will be gone the next year.
I think after this year, I will be done following college wrestling. And I have been a life long fan. I wonder if others feel the same way. I have to think that with viewership dropping, I am not alone.

Reactions: JAY45
I have to think that with viewership dropping, I am not alone.
TV numbers on ESPN for ncaas were up over 10% this year I believe. OSU fan attendance was pretty good this year too.

Also of note was March madness started same time as wrestling and numbers were still up. They need to really plan to have it a week or two before that.

Agree with why you’re upset but would disagree viewership is down. The small schools have rarely had big followings.

Edit: just checked. Finals numbers were down. Certain sessions or day were up, but Saturday night was down. Again I think CBB has something to do with that.

TV numbers on ESPN for ncaas were up over 10% this year I believe. OSU fan attendance was pretty good this year too.

Also of note was March madness started same time as wrestling and numbers were still up. They need to really plan to have it a week or two before that.

Agree with why you’re upset but would disagree viewership is down. The small schools have rarely had big followings.

Edit: just checked. Finals numbers were down. Certain sessions or day were up, but Saturday night was down. Again I think CBB has something to do with that.
100% because of MBB. It’s the biggest thing in March, unfortunately. I like wrestling more but everyone doesn’t share that opinion.

Reactions: TheJimReaper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT