ADVERTISEMENT

NATO Commits To Future Ukraine Membership

If we break a promise to a country with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world what would we do to some of those third world countries. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and believe your word should mean something.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Reactions: Marocain Poke

Why? NATO and the US promised not to expand closer to Russia's but here we are blatantly breaking that promise. And we wonder why the rest of the world thinks the US is not the good guy.

Russia signed a treaty in 1994 to respect Ukraine's territorial integrity if they gave up all their nukes without which this wouldn't be happening at all......oh well so much for promises.

Russia signed a treaty in 1994 to respect Ukraine's territorial integrity if they gave up all their nukes without which this wouldn't be happening at all......oh well so much for promises.
Yes they did with the understanding NATO would not expand to their borders. Hey I'm as anti Russian as anyone, just because I understand our side is just as guilty doesn't take away from that.

Would someone please explain what Ukraine brings to the table that NATO wants so badly they are willing to risk nuclear conflagration to achieve it? I understand why Ukraine would want to be admitted, but what is it about the country that NATO feels it needs to contol for its self defense? NATO is a defensive-oriented organization is it not?

Would someone please explain what Ukraine brings to the table that NATO wants so badly they are willing to risk nuclear conflagration to achieve it? I understand why Ukraine would want to be admitted, but what is it about the country that NATO feels it needs to contol for its self defense? NATO is a defensive-oriented organization is it not?
It's a corrupt country that's great for laundering money and stealing tax payer dollars. That political grift and under the table money transers that will take place in that country over the next decade or so will be unbelievable.

Yes they did with the understanding NATO would not expand to their borders. Hey I'm as anti Russian as anyone, just because I understand our side is just as guilty doesn't take away from that.
So wait, have we recently invaded another country with the express intent of seizing land and resources, and committed mass and indiscriminate civilian atrocities?

So wait, have we recently invaded another country with the express intent of seizing land and resources, and committed mass and indiscriminate civilian atrocities?
I guess that depends on what you think the reason Putin invaded Ukraine is? He told the NATO and Biden what his red line was and they crossed it. As much as I despise Putin I can not fault him for standing behind his word.

Deer lowered.
This whole war started beause NATO began initiatives to bring Ukraine into its organization. I would ask you: what is it about Ukraine that NATO feels a need to have it join? NATO is supposedly a defensive organization to protect western Europe from military attacks by the USSR, which no longer exists. So why does NATO feel the need to keep expanding, and why is it so intent on having control of Ukraine when the Russian government - virtually the entire Russian government, not just Putin - has made it clear it will go to war to prevent it from happening? Obviously NATO views Ukraine as a juicy plum to add to its group. Can you eplain why NATO sees Ukraine in such a light?

Last edited:
Regardless of how you feel about Ukraine joining NATO, US citizens need to realize they will be the ones paying for it. US citizens will foot the bill for Norway and Sweden to join, and to bring their military up to NATO standards as well. We are already spending billions; how many more billions are we willing to pay? The price tag will go up not down, and NATO countries are notorious for not pulling their own weight and counting on the US to pick up the slack.

Without even taking a side, one must consider the price tag. It may be worth it to you, it may not, but you will pay for it regardless.

Regardless of how you feel about Ukraine joining NATO, US citizens need to realize they will be the ones paying for it. US citizens will foot the bill for Norway and Sweden to join, and to bring their military up to NATO standards as well. We are already spending billions; how many more billions are we willing to pay? The price tag will go up not down, and NATO countries are notorious for not pulling their own weight and counting on the US to pick up the slack.

Without even taking a side, one must consider the price tag. It may be worth it to you, it may not, but you will pay for it regardless.

We won't be paying for any of it, our kids, grand kids and their future generations will be the ones paying the bill. Leftists and RINOs love spending other people's money,they've run out of ours and are spending future generations money.

Reactions: Tulsaaggieson
The 2nd Iraq war would indicate a yes to this question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT