ADVERTISEMENT

My electricity rates have doubled...

Election day saw best 3 month deal at 5.2 cents per kwh. Today finds Amigo Energy has a 3 month deal at 10.3 cents per kwh. This is highest bargain rate for my zip code since Texas deregulated electricity. Texas electricity rates can be tracked at powertochoose.org. Thank you, Brandon.

You may be interested in knowing that back in the 80’s, I was paying $.15 per kwh to my electric co-op in Canadian Co., OK.

You may be interested in knowing that back in the 80’s, I was paying $.15 per kwh to my electric co-op in Canadian Co., OK.
I see you know how to count US currency. Our slow and some of our bright would have told me .15 cents. Less than a penny. Our failing government run public education system long time now no longer teaches the structure and history of the US dollar.

As you know, 15 cents or $.15 is correct. You happened to post the price in dollars per kwh. Earlier I posted in cents.

I see you know how to count US currency. Our slow and some of our bright would have told me .15 cents. Less than a penny. Our failing government run public education system long time now no longer teaches the structure and history of the US dollar.

As you know, 15 cents or $.15 is correct. You happened to post the price in dollars per kwh. Earlier I posted in cents.

Here’s a poser. Why is alternating current generated at 60 cycles per second in most western countries, but 50 cycles in most eastern countries?

Hmmmm?

Last edited:
Here’s a poser. Why is alternating current generated at 60 cycles per second in most western countries, but 50 cycles in most eastern countries?

Hmmmm?
That's the way they began delivering electricity and there's no reason to change.

My 3 years living in Germany forced us to buy transformers to plug our toaster, radios and other US items into. We had 50 cycle 230 volt wall outlets.

I bought a Marklin electric train set with 60 cycle 110 volt transformer as I knew I would be returning to the US. I bought a readily available transformer at the PX so I could use the train set in Germany.

OU never lost a football game the 3 years I lived in Germany. OU was a permanent fixture on the Saturday matinee news reels at the post theater. I was an army brat.

I listened to OU lose to Notre Dame at Walt's News Stand in Lawton. A listener had a heart attack and an ambulance came for him at Walt's.

If that's "the game" I'm thinking about, I watched it on our B/W tv long before I grew up to be a Cowboy.
Notre Dame ended OU's record 47 game winning streak. Notre Dame beat OU to start the '53 season. Week 2 saw OU tie Pitt. Then I was off to Germany for 3 years. I was back at Fort Sill in 1957 to listen to Notre Dame beat OU to end the streak. Bud Wilkinson is the only head coach to ever put 3 perfect seasons back to back to back.

I don't remember the game being on TV. ND had a bad team in 1957.

OU was AP National Champions in '55 and '56. Many believe '54 should have been in the trophy room. No team has ever won 3 AP titles in a row.

Major, major upset after the '53 season when OU beat Maryland in the Orange Bowl.

1214afc05c5c2937ef77f7c528164e27--sleeping-emoji-emoticon.jpg

That's interesting in that 22 is likely the only poster on this forum that would know exactly what a Marklin was without looking it up on Google

Some Z Scale. But collaboration with Bosch engineers rekindled my bitterness toward the Krauts. What a bunch of America-disrespecting aholes.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT