ADVERTISEMENT

"My Bride"

Poketologist

Heisman Winner
May 29, 2001
What is up with dudes referring to their wife as "my bride"?

She's your "bride" as long as the wedding dress is on. That's it. Otherwise you're just being an annoying douche. Cut it out.

This concludes my Ted Talk.

I don’t think this is a new thing. Both of my grandfathers would occasionally refer to my grandmothers as their brides. And they have been dead for quite some time.

I'm all for "Bride" if it helps dudes to get some. Far be it for me to be a c*ck-blocker.

Pretty much agree with the OP. I would expand it to guys who do the “generally trying to sound like some 19th century orator” schtick. Comes across as pretentious.

In a similar but not identical vein, how about people who pronounce “didn’t” as “did-dent”? Usually some woman under 40 with a “Whole Foods” accent. You can tell they think they sound articulate, but they really sound like kindergarteners who are just learning how to read/write/speak.

Pretty much agree with the OP. I would expand it to guys who do the “generally trying to sound like some 19th century orator” schtick. Comes across as pretentious.

In a similar but not identical vein, how about people who pronounce “didn’t” as “did-dent”? Usually some woman under 40 with a “Whole Foods” accent. You can tell they think they sound articulate, but they really sound like kindergarteners who are just learning how to read/write/speak.
Photographic proof of @soonerinlOUisiana and @iasooner2000 posting on the Oklahoma STATE board. I wonder who calls who bride in that relationship. I bet @iasooner2000 wears the pants.

200.gif

Gee, you really “dragged your balls across my forehead” there, didn’t you, sysquatchUpvito (to use your words).

BTW, I thought you said you were done with me. I knew it was too good to be true.
I said on the 24/7 board little bitch. You come here I am kicking @iasooner2000 in the mouth and taking your dick. You got that bitch? Take your closeted liberal ass back over there with your trash. You suck at life we all know. Bye

I said on the 24/7 board little bitch. You come here I am kicking @iasooner2000 in the mouth and taking your dick. You got that bitch? Take your closeted liberal ass back over there with your trash. You suck at life we all know. Bye
So does this mean you're done with me over here, too? (fingers crossed)

BTW, what did I say that has you so triggered? Are you part of the "did-dent" crowd?

So does this mean you're done with me over here, too? (fingers crossed)

BTW, what did I say that has you so triggered? Are you part of the "did-dent" crowd?
Yep busted. I would say this is my warden if I ever talked about my wife.

I am just here to call out a loser that wants to not only be a liberal but I guess is a secret OSU fan as well. You must love it here so much. I mean your post count on an OSU message boards is straight fire bud.

Yep busted. I would say this is my warden if I ever talked about my wife.

I am just here to call out a loser that wants to not only be a liberal but I guess is a secret OSU fan as well. You must love it here so much. I mean your post count on an OSU message boards is straight fire bud.
Not an OSU fan, but I do generally root for OSU for all except one game each year. Maybe 2 this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT