ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou to Big 12

Do you think that the Tiger wrestling program wanted to go to the MAC? That was about their only choice when the Missouri U administration chose the SEC. It looked as if the B12 was about to break up plus Texas was/is doing as they please. Football & Men's BB were the only sports considered. The wrestling program didn't have any say in the matter. This addition will strengthen the wrestling conference.

Do you think that the Tiger wrestling program wanted to go to the MAC? That was about their only choice when the Missouri U administration chose the SEC. It looked as if the B12 was about to break up

Doesn't matter. Their school and athletic department contributed to the destabilization of the Big 12. Their leadership tried (and failed) to get into the Big Ten before either Colorado or Nebraska left.

As far as I'm concerned, they can pound sand.

Nice to be back

Official Release:

I
Nice to be back

Official Release:

i Call this one in a post about a month or so ago. I like it

Doesn't matter. Their school and athletic department contributed to the destabilization of the Big 12. Their leadership tried (and failed) to get into the Big Ten before either Colorado or Nebraska left.

As far as I'm concerned, they can pound sand.
That’s true but it’s a different DA completely. They came to their senses.

I'm probably missing your point because Missouri has an outstanding wrestling program and the very last thing the Big 12 needs is a doormat.
so, it looks like they aren't a doormat. First time I've been wrong. Seriously, they look nothing like a doormat, my mistake. I just never heard much from or about them during the season. I do just look occasionally, however.

Reactions: Air_Thurman
So with Mizzou in the Big12 now, do we replace them with a standing out of conference opponent? Maybe schedule ASU or NCST every year.

Reactions: JAY45
I don’t like that Mizzou left.....BUT, it’s nice to have another solid wrestling school.

That’s true but it’s a different DA completely. They came to their senses.
+1

Hope there were some penalties built in to the agreement, to discourage them from leaving again.

It makes way more sense geographically than some of our affiliate programs.

However, having TWO Coach Smiths in the conference is going to be confusing. Missouri's coach Brian Smith needs a (friendly) nickname. Coach BS?

I remember this long lanky kid that Missouri had in the late 90s, early 2000ish. So tall, nobody could get to his legs and his cross body ride was a beeeeeast.

+1

Hope there were some penalties built in to the agreement, to discourage them from leaving again.

It makes way more sense geographically than some of our affiliate programs.

However, having TWO Coach Smiths in the conference is going to be confusing. Missouri's coach Brian Smith needs a (friendly) nickname. Coach BS?

I remember this long lanky kid that Missouri had in the late 90s, early 2000ish. So tall, nobody could get to his legs and his cross body ride was a beeeeeast.
For the guys on our team who have trouble getting out of the bottom position, mizzou will provide a stern test. I’ll never forget when Alex was ridden out by a mizzou wrestler and he looked absolutely helpless in our duel. A few weeks later at Nationals, Alex chose bottom to start the second and he was out in a second and destroyed the mizzou kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT