ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Conf teams

MajorMike_Ret

Heisman Candidate
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2003
Has an official announcement been made as to who will be wrestling in B12 in 24-25? Will uo still wrestling in B12 like Mizzou? Will we take Ore St because Stanf and AzSt will both be gone and we already have MWC teams? Will we also take all those other P12 teams?

Has an official announcement been made as to who will be wrestling in B12 in 24-25? Will uo still wrestling in B12 like Mizzou? Will we take Ore St because Stanf and AzSt will both be gone and we already have MWC teams? Will we also take all those other P12 teams?
uo has already been announced that they are staying in the Big 12 for wrestling. As for other teams, I have no clue.

Reactions: bwel9339
my hope is that the big 12 just adds the rest of the pac 12 teams and the big 12 is just like a 20 team conference. Wouldn’t change big 12 tournament that much and makes a lot of sense. Strength is in the numbers. If we have 6 more teams than the big 10 then we might be able to have more conference auto bids. Would be a step in the right direction.

Would actually be 18 teams because there are 6 in pac 12 but Stanford is headed to the acc. 13 big 12 schools plus the 5 from pac 12 .
18 apposed to 14 in the big 10 could still result in better qualifying numbers

Would actually be 18 teams because there are 6 in pac 12 but Stanford is headed to the acc. 13 big 12 schools plus the 5 from pac 12 .
18 teams would work putting 9 teams in a east and west division for dual/travel purposes. Could have a B12 dual championships.

Reactions: Ok_Longhorn
I agree with this thought so then we can kick out MO and OU and have a perfect 16 team/man bracket. The Big 12 should have left OU out for at least two years just to make them suffer.

I've alway loved Belam and always will but they and Texas have f'ed us over just for the money and I can't believe we're saying, "Oh well, it's no big deal, you can still play with us."

Those obviously weren't the schools he was talking about you dunce. Air Force, Cal Baptist, Utah Valley etc add absolutely nothing to the conference.
This is a very dangerous proposition for the long-term health of collegiate wrestling. If you want to limit scholarships even further and effectively eliminate more wrestling programs, randomly kicking teams out of a major conference for no reason would be an excellent place to start.

Reactions: cbond
This is a very dangerous proposition for the long-term health of collegiate wrestling. If you want to limit scholarships even further and effectively eliminate more wrestling programs, randomly kicking teams out of a major conference for no reason would be an excellent place to start.
I don't want to see programs dropped but not all programs should be in a major conference. They can create their own like some of the other smaller conferences like EIWA etc

For the life of me I don't see why we don't add Oregon State for wrestling (but I would be okay with for all sports)

You cant just throw the smaller programs into conferences like the EIWA and have them fend for themselves. A lot of conference alignment has to do with cost to operate the program and the remaining Pac 12 schools would be travelling cross country bi-weekly to wrestle other teams in their conference. Smaller programs have a smaller budget which could potentially lead to the program being dropped if its not financially sustainable. If you want to see those Pac-12 programs survive it would be best for them to join the B12 as affiliate members and have the conference slip into west and east divisions.

Yep. UNI, SDSU add nothing to the conference. Kick em all out.
UnI and South Dakota State Neil Eirsman is doing a great job but nowhere close to South Dakota State or uni program at this point. These two programs are top five in our conference We want to continue to stay strong we have to keep teams like them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT