ADVERTISEMENT

Mixed drink

I like jagger and the new coke cola coffee blended. The drunker I get the more ramped up I also get.

In the spring and summer I do enjoy a good cocktail because you can ice down a cocktail to beat the heat of oklahoma. My wife and I enjoy gin and vodka in our mixed drinks. Last summer we started playing around with variations on the gin & tonic with different tonics and replacements for the lime. Came up with a couple of good elderflower or mint recipes.

EDIT: P.s. we also started messing with beer and liquor mixed drinks when we tried to find mule drinks that we liked that were not ginger based
Summer time Gin and Tonic with elderflower tonic is a joy .. discovered the elderflower tonic it in the UK a couple years ago (they are gin crazy) and we always keep it on hand.

Coffee and Irish whiskey for the early tee times in colder weather

That is about it for my mixed drink game

Summer time Gin and Tonic with elderflower tonic is a joy .. discovered the elderflower tonic it in the UK a couple years ago (they are gin crazy) and we always keep it on hand.

Coffee and Irish whiskey for the early tee times in colder weather

That is about it for my mixed drink game
You are so right about the Brits and their gin and tonic craze. I was over there about a year ago and that's all everyone had. Every store had their own tonics they made and the selections were incredible. I had an elder flower tonic with dried currents. Just incredible.

You are so right about the Brits and their gin and tonic craze. I was over there about a year ago and that's all everyone had. Every store had their own tonics they made and the selections were incredible. I had an elder flower tonic with dried currents. Just incredible.
Last time I was in the UK, the Brit I was with ordered a gin & tonic and he did not care about what gin he got, but had a five minute conversation with the waitress about what tonic to have. It was weird.

I drink Palomas like water down here in Tejas in the summer. There's a million different variations and they can get really girly but I go Tequila (blanco), lime juice, homemade grapefruit juice simple syrup, Topo Chico.

When I'm in a hurry or on a boat or in the pool, tequila and Squirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
I don't do well with the brown stuff. I don't know if it's genetics or what but I end up making bad decisions and have terrible hangovers. Vodka or tequila? I can drink it all night and then wake up and go to the gym or mow the yard with zero issues.

My favorite cocktail is a Sazerac.
I love them too. I don’t often make one, because I’m lazy lol. Do you use herbsaint or absinthe? Peychaud’s bitters used to be hard to find in Oklahoma, but Amazon started carrying them several years ago.

I don't do well with the brown stuff. I don't know if it's genetics or what but I end up making bad decisions and have terrible hangovers. Vodka or tequila? I can drink it all night and then wake up and go to the gym or mow the yard with zero issues.
Same. It’s bizarre.

Reactions: nathajw

Some of my worst experiences with alcohol are with vodka and tequila. Either one can give me a wicked hangover but vodka is particularly unkind to me.

I can have several whiskey drinks and just feel a little dehydrated in the morning, but there are still limits. :)

Some of my worst experiences with alcohol are with vodka and tequila. Either one can give me a wicked hangover but vodka is particularly unkind to me.

I can have several whiskey drinks and just feel a little dehydrated in the morning, but there are still limits. :)
I have come to the conclusion that if I drink cheap spirits, no matter white or brown, I feel bad the next day. If I drink more expensive spirits I feel ok the next day. Sugar also plays a factor in it as well. The more sugary the drink, the worse I will feel. Worst hangover I ever had was splitting a bottle of Tuaca with two buddies one night.

I drink Palomas like water down here in Tejas in the summer. There's a million different variations and they can get really girly but I go Tequila (blanco), lime juice, homemade grapefruit juice simple syrup, Topo Chico.

When I'm in a hurry or on a boat or in the pool, tequila and Squirt.
Reposado, Fever Tree Sparkling Grapefruit, grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave simple syrup. Salted glass.

When you have time to make it right.

Reposado, Fever Tree Sparkling Grapefruit, grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed lime juice, agave simple syrup. Salted glass.

When you have time to make it right.

That sounds delightful, definitely will give it a run in a couple months. I "dry out" for about 4-5 weeks every year after the Super Bowl. After the holidays and football season, the liver needs some time off.

Reactions: Marshal Jim Duncan
So I walk into Byron’s and low and behold they have Brooklyn gin. I guess they’ve found a way to up production and distribution fairly recently, according to a guy there.

It’s amazing how our fortunes have changed in Oklahoma. I actually thought about you awhile back, when I noticed like 6 varieties of Bell’s in the liquor store. Still missing a few things I wish we could get local, but we’ve come a long way, baby.
Let us know when Hopslam can be found? Or some Russian River

I love them too. I don’t often make one, because I’m lazy lol. Do you use herbsaint or absinthe? Peychaud’s bitters used to be hard to find in Oklahoma, but Amazon started carrying them several years ago.
absinthe

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT