ADVERTISEMENT

Mike T?

april racer

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2011
You dropped a nugget on BWI about Joe Smith. Was that on the radio show? Is it getting pulled for WVU?

I only caught the last 40 minutes of the show, they didn't say anything about Brock's status until close to the end, I think they said something before, but not sure.......when I heard he'd be out for the rest of the season, I fell into a depression.......BUT.
I am still middle of the road on pulling Joe out or not.
Long term decision, keep him RS......
Go for 35 now, pull RS........

Things we will lose next year......Almost guaranteed AA at 125 and 285 and a champ at 165. That is 3 weights that will have either a freshman or sophomore next year. Lucky for us, Piccininni is good enough to start right now. 285, Beier and Allen have a long way to go, and who will go at 165. I'm tired of pulling for CM so Rogers is my pick.
Next years line up, Picc, Brock, Heil, Collica, Smith, Rogers, KC, Boyd, Marsden, Allen.
That's still a great lineup in my opinion, and we have a good recruiting class coming in, so....I think I just made my decision based on my own thoughts......sometimes you have to read it for it to make sense.......I say pull his RS.

John seems to think that we still have a shot even without Brock. In his is final thoughts he said that PSU is most likely not going to get any better than their showing at scuffle, I take that as they are close to peaking. Where as OSU still has things to iron out, I take that as they should be peaking around march......like they do every year.

Lots of wrestling left and I agree with John that PSU is at their peak and injuries (serious or nagging) can happen and affect anyone down the stretch including PSU.

If Magaldo can make the weight and keep his strength and has tank he can provide points at 133. Joe can be a semi finalists and getting to the finals isn't a crazy prediction. Those two things happen and 35 is still in play. I expect Collica to continue to get healthy and finish the year strong. Same with Boyd who is slowly putting things together.

You dropped a nugget on BWI about Joe Smith. Was that on the radio show? Is it getting pulled for WVU?
April, to tell you the truth, I hope Coach Smith said it on his show (I didn't listen to the show). I didn't make it up if that is the question. My opinion on Joe is, by end of season he could be in the finals if he is opposite of Martinez. Nolf won the first match, has one more year in the college room plus Joe took him out of his game which nobody has until now. Joe will improve on bottom game and already has his hands on the top guys in his weight (which means Joe will come out swinging in the first). Coach Smith will have him ready for Nationals

April, to tell you the truth, I hope Coach Smith said it on his show (I didn't listen to the show). I didn't make it up if that is the question. My opinion on Joe is, by end of season he could be in the finals if he is opposite of Martinez. Nolf won the first match, has one more year in the college room plus Joe took him out of his game which nobody has until now. Joe will improve on bottom game and already has his hands on the top guys in his weight (which means Joe will come out swinging in the first). Coach Smith will have him ready for Nationals
Not questioning if you made it up, but since you posted the same night of the show, I thought it might have been said. I trust your info, but I really really trust coach Smiths.

Lots of wrestling left and I agree with John that PSU is at their peak and injuries (serious or nagging) can happen and affect anyone down the stretch including PSU.

If Magaldo can make the weight and keep his strength and has tank he can provide points at 133. Joe can be a semi finalists and getting to the finals isn't a crazy prediction. Those two things happen and 35 is still in play. I expect Collica to continue to get healthy and finish the year strong. Same with Boyd who is slowly putting things together.

Penn State has a returning AA who went into the Scuffle nursing an ankle injury and failed to place and a returning R12 who was forced to withdraw after two matches because of a minor back injury. They also have a pretty solid history under Sanderson of peaking in March. What makes you think you've seen the best they have to offer?

Penn State has a returning AA who went into the Scuffle nursing an ankle injury and failed to place and a returning R12 who was forced to withdraw after two matches because of a minor back injury. They also have a pretty solid history under Sanderson of peaking in March. What makes you think you've seen the best they have to offer?
You are right, but those are the main places to improve and its a r12 guy who has everyone a head of him returning and a returning AA who is up a weight and has not performed as well as last year. I think the main point was other teams have a lot more room to improve their results. That being said, PSU is in the drivers seat.

I could see McCutcheon being an AA this year but regardless of the ankle injury or not I doubt Guilibon does anything at 141 he's seriously taking one for the team wrestling up a weight and it's not working out for him nor do I think it will

What april racer said. I don't mean to take anything away from PSU as they are the team to be a right now but I just think other teams including OSU (Smith, Magaldo, Boyd, Collica) have more room to improve and close the gap.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT